Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
skarekrow13
Rudmed
BIG TIME MASTER
Ghadis_God
Tolvo
Reaperfan
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
cloudyeki
Ahhotep1
vatar5
Wade_Wilson
15 posters

I'm worried for my family, and I don't know what to do.

Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I'm worried for my family, and I don't know what to do. Empty I'm worried for my family, and I don't know what to do.

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:41 pm

About 5 days ago, I was walking my dogs through the graveyard beside my house at about 8PM. It was pitch dark, but I saw a man approach me, before running off. I then felt him follow me for the duration of the walk. I shrugged it off as nothing, but then my sister and her friends (all aged 12-13) told me they were walking back from a local fastfood resteraunt when a man followed them and hid in a bush once they noticed him.

What the hell should I do? I don't want to find the guy and confront him as there's a good chance he's armed. Should I call the police? Will they send someone out to investigate even if there's technically no crime (yet)? I'm just afraid this could end with someone from my family getting hurt. I'm not worried for myself, only that if the *** tries anything that I'll be getting a prison sentence for attacking him with a fireaxe.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

I'm worried for my family, and I don't know what to do. Empty Re: I'm worried for my family, and I don't know what to do.

Post by vatar5 Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Oh boy,
    Sorry I really don't know.

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

I'm worried for my family, and I don't know what to do. Empty Re: I'm worried for my family, and I don't know what to do.

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:About 5 days ago, I was walking my dogs through the graveyard beside my house at about 8PM. It was pitch dark, but I saw a man approach me, before running off. I then felt him follow me for the duration of the walk. I shrugged it off as nothing, but then my sister and her friends (all aged 12-13) told me they were walking back from a local fastfood resteraunt when a man followed them and hid in a bush once they noticed him.

What the hell should I do? I don't want to find the guy and confront him as there's a good chance he's armed. Should I call the police? Will they send someone out to investigate even if there's technically no crime (yet)? I'm just afraid this could end with someone from my family getting hurt. I'm not worried for myself, only that if the *** tries anything that I'll be getting a prison sentence for attacking him with a fireaxe.

Go to your local police dept. and speak to someone "face to face". They will listen. Do Not approach him!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:48 pm

If you see him doing something stalker-ish again I suggest calling the police. Or carry a bat with you from now on. Or knives. Lots and lots of knives.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Get the police in. At the very least, get the aid of an adult.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Best I can even attempt to try and think of would be to call the police and let them know what happened, especially including the part where your sisters noticed it too. I dunno what they'll do but if multiple members of the family have noticed this happening something might be up. I doubt they'd send legitimate protection unless something actually happened, unfortunately. But if something should happen and you happen to be present for it, I think you have a fairly strong case of legitimate self-defense going for you, so I wouldn't worry too much about protecting yourself. Then again, I don't know the legal differences between American and Irish policies on the subject :|
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:53 pm

Inform the Police definitely.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Is there any way to do this anonymously? I know it might be a bad idea but I don't want my parents to find out. God knows they've got enough to worry about as it is.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Hmmm, that's tricky. Personally I'd confront him, as I am relatively competent at defending myself, with either a knife or my bare hands. Rather, I'd try to take him by surprise. If you don't want a conflict, I'd say your best bet is to go to the police, though I don't know what they could do to help.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Is there any way to do this anonymously? I know it might be a bad idea but I don't want my parents to find out. God knows they've got enough to worry about as it is.

Not if you are the target of this person's ire. If you were witnessing him harass other people then, yes, you could drop an anonymous tip. At least that's how it is in the U.S.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:00 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:Is there any way to do this anonymously? I know it might be a bad idea but I don't want my parents to find out. God knows they've got enough to worry about as it is.

Not if you are the target of this person's ire. If you were witnessing him harass other people then, yes, you could drop an anonymous tip. At least that's how it is in the U.S.

Ok. If he follows me or anyone else again, I'll call the police. I don't like being afraid like this - when I found out my sister and her friend went for another walk through a nearby forest while I slept, I almost cried in worry.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:35 pm

Don't wait for him to do something bad before you take a preventative action. Let the police know and carry a weapon on your person- at least a pocket knife.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Use the buddy system! Have your sisters go with friends and be with each other! I'd inform your parents too and atleast give the police notice.

If he is planning something then having someone else there besides his target can be a deterent, perferably an adult or a large group of people. Safety in #'s.

Jolly Co-op FTW!
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Isn't there legal self defense items like air shotgun in US?
    In France,my dad had a paralize spray and a small air shotgun because of the neighborhood.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:52 pm

With the proper license in some states you can carry a concealed weapon (handgun) , we have pepper spray, but this off the top of my head.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Weapons are state by state here. Wade, from the standpoint of an investigator NEVER make an anonymous tip. First, they have to evaluate which things to follow up with. Anonymous goes right to the bottom. If they want or need more info they can't get it. So it comes to an immediate stop right there. There's also no way to see your credibility or sincerity. I know you don't wanna worry your family but two questions for you:

1. Is this something your sister and friends will keep secret? Judging by their ages I bet the story is already moving.

2. What would worry them more, knowing something might happen or finding out after something does?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:31 pm

I just hope he doesn't get hurt. As well as those close to him.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Yeah, that has to be the priority
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:16 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Weapons are state by state here. Wade, from the standpoint of an investigator NEVER make an anonymous tip. First, they have to evaluate which things to follow up with. Anonymous goes right to the bottom. If they want or need more info they can't get it. So it comes to an immediate stop right there. There's also no way to see your credibility or sincerity. I know you don't wanna worry your family but two questions for you:

1. Is this something your sister and friends will keep secret? Judging by their ages I bet the story is already moving.

2. What would worry them more, knowing something might happen or finding out after something does?

Right, I'll get in contact with the police then. In answer to your questions:
    1: I doubt they'll keep it secret
    2: I guess knwoing something might happen.
    My mum is abroad and my dad is asleep: I'll talk to him in the morning.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:47 am

A few people have made good points, especially. skare. So that's been answered.

I'm wishing you and your family safety.

-Vinyl Scratch
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:50 am

TBH, as a general rule, people should only follow skare's advice. Everything else anyone else says just comes off as shallow ******** compared to his inimitable wisdom.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:08 am

Maybe not in regards to certain, few, topics should you listen to Skare.

But yeah most of the time, he's a wise experienced man with helpful info to share that you'd be a fool to ignore.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:45 am

Thanks. But are you really just saying I'm old?

big grin
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:25 am

Skare, if we were calling you old, we wouldn't be as obvious as that. happy
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:37 am

winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:16 am