Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Rudmed
Back Lot Basher
6 posters

Do you use private chat during Dark Souls (on Xbox)?

Poll

When, if ever, do you use private chat during Dark Souls games?

[ 3 ]
    Do you use private chat during Dark Souls (on Xbox)? I_vote_lcap20%Do you use private chat during Dark Souls (on Xbox)? I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Do you use private chat during Dark Souls (on Xbox)? I_vote_lcap53%Do you use private chat during Dark Souls (on Xbox)? I_vote_rcap [53%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Do you use private chat during Dark Souls (on Xbox)? I_vote_lcap27%Do you use private chat during Dark Souls (on Xbox)? I_vote_rcap [27%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Do you use private chat during Dark Souls (on Xbox)? Empty Do you use private chat during Dark Souls (on Xbox)?

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:30 pm

I cut my teeth in the silent world of Demon's Souls, where nobody ever spoke during games, except through gestures and an occasional text message. That habit carried over in Dark Souls, even though I was playing mostly on Xbox Live (I've played DkS on both systems, but more on Xbox). I've always kind of preferred that sense of immersion that takes over in a game this intense, and voice chat just seems counter to that. Every so often I chat with a real world friend if he/she is trying the coop, but mostly I leave the headset off.

How about everyone else? The Xbox has always had notoriously chatty players (hence the popularity of party chat), and I wondered how a game like this would sit with that community.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Do you use private chat during Dark Souls (on Xbox)? Empty Re: Do you use private chat during Dark Souls (on Xbox)?

Post by Rudmed Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:39 pm

I would like to, but I don't think everyone else shares this feeling. I mean if I am fighting a friend then of course I want to chat with them. It makes it more fun and easier to trash talk.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Do you use private chat during Dark Souls (on Xbox)? Empty Re: Do you use private chat during Dark Souls (on Xbox)?

Post by Servant of Priscilla Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:43 pm

If I am invaded or i invade or coop etc I usually send the person a message asking if they wanna chat.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:04 pm

I agree with you.

Part of me would like to just hang out and talk to my brother/friends while I am playing, but ultimately I know that would alter the experience for a negative.

Today myself and two other sunbros fought and beat Artorias on NG++, and in that tiny little window of time after the boss is destroyed and before the summons dissappear we all, in unison, praised the sun, while standing in a triangular formation. It was just a freak coincidence, but it was absolutely hilarious. With voice, moments like that would lose their charm.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:28 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I agree with you.

Part of me would like to just hang out and talk to my brother/friends while I am playing, but ultimately I know that would alter the experience for a negative.

Today myself and two other sunbros fought and beat Artorias on NG++, and in that tiny little window of time after the boss is destroyed and before the summons dissappear we all, in unison, praised the sun, while standing in a triangular formation. It was just a freak coincidence, but it was absolutely hilarious. With voice, moments like that would lose their charm.

That's awesome, and exactly what I'm talking about. I had something similar happen down in the Abyss Chasm. Host ran after the lizard and one shotted it with a Zwiehander. I threw down a "very good" carving, and he replied almost instantly with a "thank you".
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:
    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I agree with you.

That's awesome, and exactly what I'm talking about. I had something similar happen down in the Abyss Chasm. Host ran after the lizard and one shotted it with a Zwiehander. I threw down a "very good" carving, and he replied almost instantly with a "thank you".

I was really skeptical of those carvings, until I used them. They are so hilarious.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Of coarse its how I communicate and find customers
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:17 pm

It's annoying that they don't allow party chat. Stupid, really. There's no reason to make something people can still do easily more inconvenient.

That said, I've yet to enter chat with someone else who was actually playing Dark Souls, but sometimes I want to party chat with friends online, and the game won't let me do it because From doesn't understand that party chat has absolutely no negative impact on the game experience that private chat doesn't also have. Anyone who wants the "immersion" can simply not use either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:29 pm