A number of questions for my Xbox and PC buddies...

Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

A number of questions for my Xbox and PC buddies...

Post by Gazman0169 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:19 am

Is the Hacker situation really as bad as it seems?

We see all the stories of Hackers having infinite life, stamina, what-have-ya, but this now appears to be getting a lot more sinister with forced co-op, where the Hacker then goes on to do the nasty in the Host world by killing an important NCP, or by populating key areas with countless numbers of Black Phantom Bosses and the like.

How do you guys/girls cope with all this?

If it were me I think I'd be raging all the time! :evil:

I can understand how griefing can appeal to the less scrupulous amongst us, and I'd be a liar if I said that I've never tried to grief whilst playing DkS PvP (who hasn't tried to bait an Invader with a view to using the Dragon Slayer Greatbow and RoF combo set-up?), but I really cannot see the appeal of purposely going out to ruin someones day by causing long-lasting and in most cases irreparable damage to their current playthrough.

Can this sort of thing even be fixed, and if it can do Microsoft care enough to even attempt it, or is it something that you guys/girls are just going to have to live with?

I really hope that this gets resolved, as it annoys me to see a game that I love being abused in this way, and even though playing on the PS3 I'm not directly affected by any of this I recognise the damage that such acts can do to the games overall popularity, which is bound to affect us all in the longterm.

Good luck to y'all, and may all your PvP encounters be Hacker-free from here on in.

"Umbasa!" cheers
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Re: A number of questions for my Xbox and PC buddies...

Post by The Letter X on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:24 am

I think out of all of my PVP time I've met 4 hackers. I haven't even seen any since the DLC was released. If I do see one, I attempt to bleed them out or kick them off a cliff. Both tend to work very well. I guess. I really don't mind since I hardly ever see them. I just view them as hardcore trolls so I just mess with them in return. lol!

This is on Xbox, by the way.

Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:04 am

That appears to be the only solution to the infinite life Hackers, give them a good ol' boot off the edge of a nearby cliff, or bait them into a precarious position where they're most likely to fall to their death, and I've seen a number of YouTube vids which show the tables being turned on the Hackers in this way, which are deeply satisfying to watch! big grin

Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:11 pm

I play on Xbox and I have only encountered a couple of hackers in my infinite hours of playing, I was trading with someone at the forest when they invaded us.

And I'm glad on Xbox, I just read about the PS3 visual glitch. Man, I'd be pissed if my content were corrupt bounce
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:23 pm

I encountered my first hacker today. ~between 300-500 hours.

I think the folks that whine about it are making it a bigger deal than it really is.

Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:34 pm

I have met 4 hackers out of my entire time, I'm acutally taking a survey as to why they hack (cause I can). Glitchers are a different story so I set them aside. They are a rare, but can make that time you have to deal with them miserable.

Join us cursed brothers and sisters and regain the lives you once knew: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t10229-those-of-cursed-blood-covenant-looking-for-members#212550

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Not sure I've read anybody whining about it. Dying to them hardly counts as dying, so I doubt it bothers most players too much.

I've met 7 or 8 on Xbox and 4 on pc so far. I've never managed to drop one, but one guy in the Burg was so bad that the host and I just kept backstabbing and stunlocking him over and over and over. It went on so long I actually started to feel kinda bad for the guy.

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Rudmed wrote:I have met 4 hackers out of my entire time, I'm acutally taking a survey as to why they hack (cause I can)..
    I messaged that guy I mentioned in my post above and he said he hit the button when he saw the phantom (me) with the host, in order to make it a fair fight.

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Hmmm...interesting that is different from the responses I've heard. I'll make a thread once I gather enough to call it a survey (10 maybe? I want more, but chance is not on my side).

Join us cursed brothers and sisters and regain the lives you once knew: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t10229-those-of-cursed-blood-covenant-looking-for-members#212550

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Another guy in the Parish said it was just because he was tired of losing, but that he was done with it because it wasn't any fun and he was afraid of being reported for it. Those are the only two I've messaged that have responded to me. Well, unless SUK IT NOOB counts.

Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Alright those responses are recorded. If they just say "suk it" I just keep pestering them. Anyways this derailing the thread, but thanks for the info.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:29 pm