How can I counter katanas?

argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: How can I counter katanas?

Post by argotthar on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:35 pm

lextune wrote:

Do the same thing again, and after taking the first hit, just parry, it is practically like an auto-parry. There is a video out there of it. (I think it might be martyr's brigade, not sure).

Possible problem here can be slight delay of 2nd swing since it's not that fast as Falchion where you parry as soon as you take first hit. This I found a little bit harder to pull out but there's always practice :-)

SL125 Halberd +15 27/40
    SL125 Lightning Halberd/BKH 32/18
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Glutebrah wrote:As an avid katana user, I have most trouble with any type of long range thrust weapon.

I use the katana almost all the time.

I have most trouble with 2h greatswords or ultra greatswords. Once I'm hit I'm stunlocked, and I have 53 poise.

Also, don't attempt to use a shield. I always have a shotel for backup.

Post by reim0027 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:58 pm

BrotherBob wrote:I'm beginning to doubt the effectiveness of parrying altogether. I've found that usually the parry and riposte don't OHKO for me, so when my opponent gets up, they play really conservatively (AKA backstab fish) the rest of the fight.
    It is very effective, if you can become good at it. It shouldn't be a OHK in most cases. If they try to BS fish, then counter BS. It is just a really powerful move that is high risk/reward.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:20 pm

@reim0027: I understand, but if they play conservatively, then my CMW will wear out :cry:

:pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:32 pm

That's a problem with mages, especially if you have a streak going, your magic runs out.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:46 am