Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Jester's Tears
AnastaciaAstora
Ghadis_God
PwnasauresRex
Elite Knight
The Wandering Knight
Dark Souls
FruitPunchNinja
Rudmed
evil_Vasile
Shindori
Rarayn
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
DoughGuy
TehInfamousAmos
SlakeMoth
Gazman0169
BIG TIME MASTER
Corporal Maxey
GkMrBane
Carphil
KomradDakka
skarekrow13
Uparkaam
PlasticandRage
The Letter X
Odinbear
RANT
Onion Knight
steveswede
ChizFreak
36 posters

What the hell is inside the Estus?

Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What the hell is inside the Estus? - Page 2 Empty Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

Post by Rarayn Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:19 am

I have opened a flask of Oscar's Estus and I say to you, it is nothing but an errant fraud, concocted from piss and ink. And furthermore, "Knight", I have serviced no kings, yet I wager that I can slay a demon with ten times more dexterity than any hedge knight.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What the hell is inside the Estus? - Page 2 Empty Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

Post by Shindori Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:53 pm

My girlfriend claims it's Gatorade.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:27 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Technically the most humanity can heal is 2700ish hp, as thats the max hp you can get winking

Unless you're a hacker Humanity can fully fill any size health bar.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:35 pm

steveswede wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Technically the most humanity can heal is 2700ish hp, as thats the max hp you can get winking

Unless you're a hacker Humanity can fully fill any size health bar.

It's not the size of the life bar, it's the motion of the potion!
    evil_Vasile
    evil_Vasile

Post by evil_Vasile Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:54 pm

I'd say it's a mix of Redbull, Tears and Fire. Especially Tears and Fire!

Flask Description wrote:The Estus Flasks are linked to the Fire Keepers. The Dark Tales also make reference:
    An emerald flask, from the Keeper's soul
    She lives to protect the flame,
    And dies to protect it further
    Fire Keeper Soul Description wrote:Each Fire Keeper is a corporeal manifestation of her bonfire, and a draw for the humanity which is offered to her. Her soul is gnawed by infinite humanity, and can boost the power of the precious Estus Flask. Reinforced Estus Flasks capture denser Estus, allowing for increased restoration of HP.
    Hmm, so the Fire Keeper draws the humanity sacrificed to the bonfire. We know humanity restores your hitpoints. We know the flasks and Fire Keepers are connected.
    We know that you fill the Estus Flask at bonfires and that the stronger the bonfire the more you can fill the flask.
    I'd say this "Estus" is some sort of Essence o' Bonfire Fire with a dash of Humanity.

Maybe you could think of it as a "wireless connection" to the bonfire. Each time you use the flask, you "download" some Essence o' Bonfire through it but also drain it's "battery". By kindling the Bonfire, you can overcharge the "battery" allowing for more uses. The Fire Keeper Soul boosts the "signal", improves the "download speed", allowing more "Essence o' Bonfire" to get sent with each use, thus healing you more.

So what I'm saying is, perhaps the flask is merely a conduit for interacting with the Bonfires themselves?
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:56 pm

So...we're drinking battery acid? Isn't that fatal?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Oj&cheap vodka
    Dark Souls

Post by Dark Souls Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Firekeeper Class A Honey-Made by Gwynian Industries.
    The Wandering Knight
    The Wandering Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The Wandering Knight Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:10 pm

i can just imagine a drunk chosen undead blindly swinging away with his sword as he staggers along! silly
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:36 pm

Whatever it is, I bet it doesn't taste good. I mean, everything good for you tastes horrible right? Haha.
    PwnasauresRex
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PwnasauresRex Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:23 am

The Wandering Knight wrote:i can just imagine a drunk chosen undead blindly swinging away with his sword as he staggers along! silly

much like how the hollow warriors/soldiers walk about?
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:15 am

I think it's literally the flames of a bonfire, which restore the undead. You capture the flames in a bottle, and as you kindle the fire, the more swigs you can store in your flask.
    AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AnastaciaAstora Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:34 am

Rarayn wrote:I have opened a flask of Oscar's Estus and I say to you, it is nothing but an errant fraud, concocted from piss and ink. And furthermore, "Knight", I have serviced no kings, yet I wager that I can slay a demon with ten times more dexterity than any hedge knight.

This reply is best reply. I'm not even going to try to top that.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:33 pm

SEMEN. 🤡
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:SEMEN. 🤡
    That's just ridiculous. You restore your magical energies with semen, not your health.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:55 pm

evil_Vasile wrote:I'd say it's a mix of Redbull, Tears and Fire. Especially Tears and Fire!

Flask Description wrote:The Estus Flasks are linked to the Fire Keepers. The Dark Tales also make reference:
    An emerald flask, from the Keeper's soul
    She lives to protect the flame,
    And dies to protect it further
    Fire Keeper Soul Description wrote:Each Fire Keeper is a corporeal manifestation of her bonfire, and a draw for the humanity which is offered to her. Her soul is gnawed by infinite humanity, and can boost the power of the precious Estus Flask. Reinforced Estus Flasks capture denser Estus, allowing for increased restoration of HP.
    Hmm, so the Fire Keeper draws the humanity sacrificed to the bonfire. We know humanity restores your hitpoints. We know the flasks and Fire Keepers are connected.
    We know that you fill the Estus Flask at bonfires and that the stronger the bonfire the more you can fill the flask.
    I'd say this "Estus" is some sort of Essence o' Bonfire Fire with a dash of Humanity.

Maybe you could think of it as a "wireless connection" to the bonfire. Each time you use the flask, you "download" some Essence o' Bonfire through it but also drain it's "battery". By kindling the Bonfire, you can overcharge the "battery" allowing for more uses. The Fire Keeper Soul boosts the "signal", improves the "download speed", allowing more "Essence o' Bonfire" to get sent with each use, thus healing you more.

So what I'm saying is, perhaps the flask is merely a conduit for interacting with the Bonfires themselves?

Interesting theory.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Rarayn wrote:
    Jester's Tears wrote:SEMEN. 🤡
    That's just ridiculous. You restore your magical energies with semen, not your health.

Spoiler:

Makes you feel good = Better Health (NOT ALWAYS) = More HP big grin ?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Some Emerald mythology:

Green was the colour of Venus, the Roman goddess of beauty and love, so the emerald was her gemstone.
    Fina? (Lautrec, what have you done!?)

According to biblical lore, an emerald that fell from Lucifer's brow when he was cast out of Heaven was transformed into the Holy Grail.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:51 am

i always thought that the essence of fire was in them, idk all i ever cared about was my health coming back big grin never really cared what was in them.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:49 pm

My flask is INVISIBLE due to the bug/glitch in the DLC.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:04 pm

liquid fire...well must be whiskey

the "grass" in Demons Souls were better - com on everyone knows what the meant with Moonlight Grass - thats a mixture off moonshine (illegal alc) and some fluffy flowers for your waterpipe ;-)
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Could it not be the essence of the power of the gods in liquid form? I think that makes the most sense since the age of the gods is also known as the age of fire. Also, the power of the gods is symbolised by fire. Though in that case it would be rather strange that pyromancers are discriminated against outside of Lordran unless manipulating fire could be seen as sacrilage.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:36 pm

I hate to break it to you but it's a placebo. The healing effect is only due to the strong belief that it will work. Sadly, now that you've read this, your Estus flasks will no longer work
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:13 pm

... tears.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:39 am

@skare- you basket, how am I gonna get through the Undead Berg on NG now? lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:45 am