What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Share
    avatar
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 498
    Reputation : 84
    Join date : 2012-10-15
    Location : Myth

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Rarayn on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:19 am

    I have opened a flask of Oscar's Estus and I say to you, it is nothing but an errant fraud, concocted from piss and ink. And furthermore, "Knight", I have serviced no kings, yet I wager that I can slay a demon with ten times more dexterity than any hedge knight.
    avatar
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 27
    Location : New Londo

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Shindori on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:53 pm

    My girlfriend claims it's Gatorade.


    _________________
    ShindoriH on GFWL, shindori on Steam.
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 37

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by steveswede on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:27 pm

    DoughGuy wrote:Technically the most humanity can heal is 2700ish hp, as thats the max hp you can get winking

    Unless you're a hacker Humanity can fully fill any size health bar.
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by PlasticandRage on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:35 pm

    steveswede wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Technically the most humanity can heal is 2700ish hp, as thats the max hp you can get winking

    Unless you're a hacker Humanity can fully fill any size health bar.

    It's not the size of the life bar, it's the motion of the potion!
    avatar
    evil_Vasile

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-10
    Age : 26
    Location : Land of preparing and death

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by evil_Vasile on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:54 pm

    I'd say it's a mix of Redbull, Tears and Fire. Especially Tears and Fire!

    Flask Description wrote:The Estus Flasks are linked to the Fire Keepers. The Dark Tales also make reference:
    An emerald flask, from the Keeper's soul
    She lives to protect the flame,
    And dies to protect it further
    Fire Keeper Soul Description wrote:Each Fire Keeper is a corporeal manifestation of her bonfire, and a draw for the humanity which is offered to her. Her soul is gnawed by infinite humanity, and can boost the power of the precious Estus Flask. Reinforced Estus Flasks capture denser Estus, allowing for increased restoration of HP.
    Hmm, so the Fire Keeper draws the humanity sacrificed to the bonfire. We know humanity restores your hitpoints. We know the flasks and Fire Keepers are connected.
    We know that you fill the Estus Flask at bonfires and that the stronger the bonfire the more you can fill the flask.
    I'd say this "Estus" is some sort of Essence o' Bonfire Fire with a dash of Humanity.


    Maybe you could think of it as a "wireless connection" to the bonfire. Each time you use the flask, you "download" some Essence o' Bonfire through it but also drain it's "battery". By kindling the Bonfire, you can overcharge the "battery" allowing for more uses. The Fire Keeper Soul boosts the "signal", improves the "download speed", allowing more "Essence o' Bonfire" to get sent with each use, thus healing you more.


    So what I'm saying is, perhaps the flask is merely a conduit for interacting with the Bonfires themselves?
    avatar
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 770
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-07-15
    Age : 24
    Location : Let me just look at my.....I forgot the map.

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Rudmed on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:56 pm

    So...we're drinking battery acid? Isn't that fatal?


    _________________
    XBL GT: gguyy

    Join us cursed brothers and sisters and regain the lives you once knew: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t10229-those-of-cursed-blood-covenant-looking-for-members#212550






    avatar
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 28
    Location : East Coast , USA

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by FruitPunchNinja on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:04 pm

    Oj&cheap vodka

    Dark Souls

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-10

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Dark Souls on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 pm

    Firekeeper Class A Honey-Made by Gwynian Industries.
    avatar
    The Wandering Knight
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 66
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Location : U.K

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by The Wandering Knight on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:10 pm

    i can just imagine a drunk chosen undead blindly swinging away with his sword as he staggers along! silly


    _________________
    PSN: Holy_Paladin

    avatar
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 402
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-04
    Age : 23
    Location : Firelink Shrine

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Elite Knight on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:36 pm

    Whatever it is, I bet it doesn't taste good. I mean, everything good for you tastes horrible right? Haha.


    _________________
    [img]
    avatar
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 116
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-11-09
    Age : 24
    Location : The Universe

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by PwnasauresRex on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:23 am

    The Wandering Knight wrote:i can just imagine a drunk chosen undead blindly swinging away with his sword as he staggers along! silly

    much like how the hollow warriors/soldiers walk about?


    _________________
    Praise the Sun PSN - pwnasauresrex Praise the Sun
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Ghadis_God on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:15 am

    I think it's literally the flames of a bonfire, which restore the undead. You capture the flames in a bottle, and as you kindle the fire, the more swigs you can store in your flask.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 81
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-07

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by AnastaciaAstora on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:34 am

    Rarayn wrote:I have opened a flask of Oscar's Estus and I say to you, it is nothing but an errant fraud, concocted from piss and ink. And furthermore, "Knight", I have serviced no kings, yet I wager that I can slay a demon with ten times more dexterity than any hedge knight.

    This reply is best reply. I'm not even going to try to top that.


    _________________
    "thank you! (^-^)/ pray the sun!"
    Sun
    PSN: AlphaxOmega101
    Add if you have a helmet that can stand these levels of noob
    avatar
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1271
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Inside your Head?

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Jester's Tears on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:33 pm

    SEMEN. 🤡


    _________________
    PSN: BerzekerS
    I can be a sarcastic Bastard. I can be an Ironic Bastard. I can also be a Bastard
     Well What is it Cheers! Well What is it 

    Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    avatar
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 498
    Reputation : 84
    Join date : 2012-10-15
    Location : Myth

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Rarayn on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:43 pm

    Jester's Tears wrote:SEMEN. 🤡
    That's just ridiculous. You restore your magical energies with semen, not your health.
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by ChizFreak on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:55 pm

    evil_Vasile wrote:I'd say it's a mix of Redbull, Tears and Fire. Especially Tears and Fire!

    Flask Description wrote:The Estus Flasks are linked to the Fire Keepers. The Dark Tales also make reference:
    An emerald flask, from the Keeper's soul
    She lives to protect the flame,
    And dies to protect it further
    Fire Keeper Soul Description wrote:Each Fire Keeper is a corporeal manifestation of her bonfire, and a draw for the humanity which is offered to her. Her soul is gnawed by infinite humanity, and can boost the power of the precious Estus Flask. Reinforced Estus Flasks capture denser Estus, allowing for increased restoration of HP.
    Hmm, so the Fire Keeper draws the humanity sacrificed to the bonfire. We know humanity restores your hitpoints. We know the flasks and Fire Keepers are connected.
    We know that you fill the Estus Flask at bonfires and that the stronger the bonfire the more you can fill the flask.
    I'd say this "Estus" is some sort of Essence o' Bonfire Fire with a dash of Humanity.


    Maybe you could think of it as a "wireless connection" to the bonfire. Each time you use the flask, you "download" some Essence o' Bonfire through it but also drain it's "battery". By kindling the Bonfire, you can overcharge the "battery" allowing for more uses. The Fire Keeper Soul boosts the "signal", improves the "download speed", allowing more "Essence o' Bonfire" to get sent with each use, thus healing you more.


    So what I'm saying is, perhaps the flask is merely a conduit for interacting with the Bonfires themselves?

    Interesting theory.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1271
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Inside your Head?

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Jester's Tears on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 pm

    Rarayn wrote:
    Jester's Tears wrote:SEMEN. 🤡
    That's just ridiculous. You restore your magical energies with semen, not your health.

    Spoiler:

    Makes you feel good = Better Health (NOT ALWAYS) = More HP big grin ?


    _________________
    PSN: BerzekerS
    I can be a sarcastic Bastard. I can be an Ironic Bastard. I can also be a Bastard
     Well What is it Cheers! Well What is it 

    Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by ublug on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:29 pm

    Some Emerald mythology:

    Green was the colour of Venus, the Roman goddess of beauty and love, so the emerald was her gemstone.
    Fina? (Lautrec, what have you done!?)

    According to biblical lore, an emerald that fell from Lucifer's brow when he was cast out of Heaven was transformed into the Holy Grail.
    avatar
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 593
    Reputation : 17
    Join date : 2012-11-09
    Age : 25
    Location : USA

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Icegodzilla on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:51 am

    i always thought that the essence of fire was in them, idk all i ever cared about was my health coming back big grin never really cared what was in them.
    avatar
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 986
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-25
    Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Odinbear on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:49 pm

    My flask is INVISIBLE due to the bug/glitch in the DLC.


    _________________
    Shrug What up homey? (then he Back Stabbed me) lol!

    In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    avatar
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 423
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2012-10-11
    Location : The Abyss

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Walter_White on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:04 pm

    liquid fire...well must be whiskey

    the "grass" in Demons Souls were better - com on everyone knows what the meant with Moonlight Grass - thats a mixture off moonshine (illegal alc) and some fluffy flowers for your waterpipe ;-)


    _________________

    PSN: Dark_Sunbro
    Using my Black Eye Orb:
    SC, Old Spice, CW, Old Spice, 2h DBS, bow, roll+R1, R2 while getting up -> job done
    avatar
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 258
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-11-13
    Age : 25
    Location : Earth or elsewhere

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Aznul on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:20 pm

    Could it not be the essence of the power of the gods in liquid form? I think that makes the most sense since the age of the gods is also known as the age of fire. Also, the power of the gods is symbolised by fire. Though in that case it would be rather strange that pyromancers are discriminated against outside of Lordran unless manipulating fire could be seen as sacrilage.


    _________________
    Xbox live- Aznul

    Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak - Unknown
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:36 pm

    I hate to break it to you but it's a placebo. The healing effect is only due to the strong belief that it will work. Sadly, now that you've read this, your Estus flasks will no longer work

    avatar
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 176
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-09-12

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Everynevers on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:13 pm

    ... tears.


    _________________






    Xbla/Dark Souls - EveryNevers
    PSN/Demon's Souls - TheEveryNevers
    avatar
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 965
    Reputation : 53
    Join date : 2012-06-02
    Age : 48
    Location : In Limbo. It's nice and quiet here don't ya know!

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Gazman0169 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:39 am

    @skare- you basket, how am I gonna get through the Undead Berg on NG now? lol


    _________________
    PSN- Gazman0169




    Sponsored content

    Re: What the hell is inside the Estus?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:39 am