Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
SlakeMoth
PlasticandRage
Uparkaam
Wade_Wilson
befowler
stale
Whknight
ErrJon6661
Serious_Much
aceluby
meridam99
Carphil
Ieyfura
Scudman_Slayer
Kyubi-Nick
19 posters

Games harder than Demon's/Dark Souls

Kyubi-Nick
    Kyubi-Nick
    Casual
    Casual

Games harder than Demon's/Dark Souls Empty Games harder than Demon's/Dark Souls

Post by Kyubi-Nick Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Have you ever played anything harder than these? Granted, I've never played Demon's myself, but still....

Oh, Catherine. I'm never even going to try your Hard mode. From what I've heard, the Touhou games might be up there too, especially on their higher difficulties.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Games harder than Demon's/Dark Souls Empty Re: Games harder than Demon's/Dark Souls

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Uncharted 1-3 in my opinion

TOO MANY BACKSPAWNS

oh and the adrenaline rush playing the god of war series on very hard difficulty
    Kyubi-Nick
    Kyubi-Nick
    Casual
    Casual

Games harder than Demon's/Dark Souls Empty Re: Games harder than Demon's/Dark Souls

Post by Kyubi-Nick Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Speaking of God of War, Bayonetta's Non-Stop Infinite Climax difficulty was pretty monstrous as well.
    Ieyfura
    Ieyfura

Post by Ieyfura Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:42 am

Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I don't have an xbox, so I haven't played the even more difficult Ninja Gaiden 2 on 360. Though I'm sure I'd thrash it about after I adjusted to the differences anyway. silly
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Devil may cry 3 on dante must die mode: player dies in one hit, every enemy has 300% more health. Cry.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Hardest game I ever played...ET on the Atari 2600! I never got out of the first screen.

Blaster Master on the NES

Metroid on the NES

Contra on the NES until I learned up up down down left right left right b a start

Russ'n Attack on the NES
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Megaman 9 on PSN is hard as hell
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:49 pm

anything before the 90's...

also mystery of time and space, some of you give it a go it's just downright frustrating silly : http://www.albartus.com/motas/
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:38 am

I think armored core for answer is harder than dark souls. I'm stuck on the last mission on the destruction ending. You vs. four nexts by yourself. F********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************dge
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:42 am

I have to disagree, though some parts were highly annoying. One of my personal achivements was solo SSing every mission... the final one was by far one of the hardest, followed closely by Red Rum. I don't imagine they have patched but there is a glitch way of winning, not my proudest moment but after exhausting every bit of ammo I had I was forced to use the method to win against the last mech.... Was still fun and great to play though.
    stale
    stale

Post by stale Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:20 am

"T&C Surf Designs" for the NES.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Alot of the NES ones were brutal, like the ninja turtles one. My personal nemesis was Double Dragon 3: Sacred Stones, where you had 4 player characters, and each character had one health bar and no revives. The only way to heal was to have that character survive an entire level, at which point they would heal for the next level. The game also used a behind the scenes hitpoints counter for your life, so every single punch or thrown bottle by any random mook was applied against your life counter even if it didn't take a bar off your life immediately - and of course there way no way to block anything so you had to learn every attack pattern and just avoid getting hit for an entire level.

The game also had any number of platforming areas where a fall was lethal (and with no revives, your character was lost forever), and didn't scroll very well. So you could lose characters on the platforming levels if the game just didn't scroll fast enough and you jumped against the side of the screen before the platform materialized. Throw in a bunch of levels involving teleporting ninjas, unblockable ranged weapons, and an end boss with a ridiculous amount of health who could fly and also turn into a fire snake for some reason and you had a recipe for pure nerd rage. My brother and I eventually beat it only by memorizing the exact moveset and spawn location for the entire game, plus charting points where it was actually more efficient to start over because if you lacked enough life or lost a character beyond a certain point it was almost impossible to survive to the end boss. On the plus side, one player character (Chin?) had a flying headbutt move that was one of the greatest things I've ever seen in a video game.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:26 am

Ghosts and Goblins. "Yes! I beat the game... WHAT THE *** I HAVE TO DO THIS **** ALL OVER AGAIN ARE YOU *** KIDDING ME CAPCOM!"
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Try QWOP. It can provide a formidable challenge.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:09 am

meridam99 wrote:Hardest game I ever played...ET on the Atari 2600! I never got out of the first screen.

Blaster Master on the NES

Metroid on the NES

Contra on the NES until I learned up up down down left right left right b a start

Russ'n Attack on the NES

Dude Ninja Gaiden on NES. The last like 5 levels are pure insanity and then you get to the end boss, he kills you in about 30 seconds, and the game knocks you back to the beginning of the 5 levels leading up to him. I'm pretty sure that in itself was responsible for a good 3 or 4 controllers in our house
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:11 am

I rememeber Blaster Master! Wish I knew what happened to my NES, had a few really fun games for it ><.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Metroid Prime 2 - Echo's. Got about 40% in and then there was this double boss fight. The first was this grub swimming around in a pool of phazon which was just a slog, then when you offed that and thought that wasn't so bad, this gigantic gnat thing hatched and it was just too hard. It kept knocking me off into the phazon which sapped your health to zero before you could get back onto the platform and it was really hard to target it's wings with super missiles. It wouldn't have been so bad if when you died it just took you back to the beginning of the gnat fight but you had to start right back fighting the grub again. I never did finish the game and I really resented not being able to because of what I think was poor level design.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:19 pm

The metroid games would have been much easier if they had different controls (the console ones, the 2d platformers were wonderful). If they had just used basic FPS controls, or at least let you customize the controls it would have been so much better. And easier.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:38 pm

the monster hunter series, damn double tiggy or diablos!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:41 pm

MOTAS.
    theGentleman
    theGentleman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by theGentleman Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:39 am

Maybe not what you are looking for,
    but has anybody attempted to beat the original Pokemon games using only Dittos? No elemental advantage whatsoever and you're always a move behind.
    Yoico
    Yoico

Post by Yoico Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Come on guys dont forget about battletoads
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:39 pm

theGentleman wrote:Maybe not what you are looking for,
    but has anybody attempted to beat the original Pokemon games using only Dittos? No elemental advantage whatsoever and you're always a move behind.

how could you do that? you can only get dittos really far in..
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:44 pm

How about beating a full team of 255 Mewtwos? I know a friend that did that and we had a small group, many who used the glitch to get over powered pokemon, and no one could really touch him.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:13 pm

I don't know the exact name, but it was along the lines of Elmo's Adventures for the N64. It is the only game I've ever gotten my hands on and been incapable of beating.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am