The Enchanted Falchion

Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Enchanted Falchion

Post by Jester's Tears on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Is it worth investing into? Im doing a Mage build but since i like Melee (ALOT) i need a Good Weapon. I do have a Estoc but the Standard damage so so Low... Worth it or Not? (And i dunno if i should Waste a Blue titanite Slab on it. Any ideas)

Last edited by Jester's Tears on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : MORE Questions)

Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: The Enchanted Falchion

Post by XachAttack on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Could be. I haven't dabbled in Int stuff, but the Falchion is a fine weapon.

PSN: Xach_Attack
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:47 pm

If you like melee a lot, I'd put the slab into either an Enchanted Balder Side Sword, or a Claymore. Balder has a fast attack and does great damage, and the Claymore is just a great moveset. Some people prefer to take it to +15, then use the Crystal Magic Sword to buff it, but I usually just go with Enchanted, since it's consistent.
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Don't rule out the MGS... For my pure int build I use that in my right and my catalyst in my left for a force to be reckoned with.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:29 pm

I'd say to go with Velka's rapier or the MLGS.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:37 pm

It all boils down to 2 things. Whether or not your style of play suits the moveset, and what your stats are like. The falchion I think does the most raw damage out of the curved swords, but a lot of the others, even though they don't do as much straight damage, tend to have special abilities like bleed, or the shotel's ability to negate shields. So if you'd prefer a weapon that just does the most damage possible over special abilities and you want to use a curved sword then the falchion is a good choice. As to whether or not you want to go with an enchanted falchion, as opposed to another kind of falchion, it depends on your stats. If you plan on having much higher intelligence than dexterity then enchanted is probably the way to go, if you plan on having higher dexterity than intelligence then either magic or standard upgrading with buffs is probably the way to go.

The falchion really isn't a bad weapon at all. I've lost to several skilled players who wielded one well. It can have pretty nasty phantom reach in pvp for a relatively short weapon.
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:08 pm

ENCHANTED FALCHION +5 IT IS.

Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Go with velkas rapier and swashbuckle them to death!!!

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:48 pm

First blue slab on any int build I do always goes to the Enchanted Falchion. It's a boss shredder in PvE, and since I usually go through at least NG++ (to stack crystal spells), it gets a lot of use.

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:52 pm

I find the curved sword kick move to be a really pleasing move also. I've been using the gold tracer lately and it's a fun move to use to slowly inflict bleed on parry turtles. It's tough to parry and it jumps you back away from them so they can't counter you as readily. I've been enjoying it.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:55 pm

It depends on how much you like the Falchion.

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:11 am

I don't know if you've made a decision yet, but I would suggest a Falchion +15 buffed with CMW. My main PvP build has 28 STR, 20 DEX, and 50 INT. Unbuffed, my Falchion +15 has ~300 AR. Add CMW with the TCC, and we add 410 AR to that. I can usually tear down an ill-prepared opponent in about two seconds.

:pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:00 am

It's a good weapon. But tastes differ. There is no "best" weapon, there are only weapons that suit your playstyle the best.
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:29 am

AWESOME for low poise stun-locking while 2 handing, its among my favorite of weapons and fully worth investing into

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:46 pm

As a dedicated Int/Sorceror user, I find the Enchanted Falchion a great value. Plus the kick move puts some more space between my character and the opponent, which is always helpful when trying to fire off a soul arrow or spear.

Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Since the update 1.06 the crystal golems in seaths can now drop Blue tite slabs alos in izalith the squids have a increased chance to red tite slabs.

I've confirmed I have attained both.

"Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Knowing your build would help a lot, honestly not many magic/enchanted weapons are very good. They aren't bad though, but moonlight horn and moonlight GS are always better. Or if you wanna be cool use velkas.

Enchanted falchion is well known from demon's souls as being good, but it is because you can get it extremely easily right at the start of the game. It was basically the drake sword of demon's souls.
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:28 pm

I recently took my faith build (first character I made) to the dlc area (ng+/++). Went to fight Artorias, and suddenly my +5 occult / +10 divine did miniscule damage. I then equipped +14/15 versions of the same weapons, and they did considerably more damage at base stats (16str/12dex?) than occult/divine at 50 faith. I know he has high magic resist, but still, a 50 stat investment should amount to a bit more.
    Luckily this is my only split damage build, will not make another. At least int builds have those pure magic weapons.
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Enchanted falchion is well known from demon's souls as being good, but it is because you can get it extremely easily right at the start of the game. It was basically the drake sword of demon's souls.

I remember that sword well. My first character in DeS was a squishy mage, and when I found that weapon the game got a lot easier (relatively speaking). I also remember the dual wielding katana skellies severing me in half at the torso quite often, so the memories are mixed happy
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Yea dragon weapons do a much better job on those dual kat skellys. I'm actually about 3/4ths my way through a sl1 demons souls playthrough, basically the only weapons worth using are dragon short sword and crescent falchion. There are parts that are extremely unforgiving, but overall i feel it is slightly easier then a sl1 playthrough of dark souls. Especially post patch 1.06, and the addition of the DLC bosses.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:50 am