Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
gammlesvarte
DxV04
Oh_the_Humanity
7 posters

PSN vs XBL (just switched to PSN and am having problems)

Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PSN vs XBL (just switched to PSN and am having problems) Empty PSN vs XBL (just switched to PSN and am having problems)

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:22 pm

Ok, I've had an Xbox360 for many years and have great internet and have never had an issue with the connection...it was always strong and almost never disconnected on me.
    Now I have a PS3 and I always heard that XBL is more stable than PSN, but I'm having issues.
    Every time I start playing Demons's Souls or Dark Souls (only games I've used since the switch) the connection drops after 3 to 10 min, every time! Im getting upset here, I don't want to go back to XBL I love the way PS3 works and feels, and the controllers are actually "better" IMO...I really thought the opposite for so long.
    Anyways, has anyone else dealt with this?
    Or is this some coincidence happening with my ISP? (Comcast)
    PSN vs XBL (just switched to PSN and am having problems) 2707236321
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

PSN vs XBL (just switched to PSN and am having problems) Empty Re: PSN vs XBL (just switched to PSN and am having problems)

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:12 pm

damn what a let down! you probably have to configure some settings in the ps3 and you will be good to go. sorry I only have an xbox. karma man I tell you karma for leaving us!!! silly (hope you get it fixed soon)
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

PSN vs XBL (just switched to PSN and am having problems) Empty Re: PSN vs XBL (just switched to PSN and am having problems)

Post by gammlesvarte Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:13 pm

using a modem?
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:16 pm

Yeah...I have a modem linked to a router...Ive tried multiple variations (not using the router, or unplugging the other computers using the routers signal. Im sure the xbox took to my settings without a problem, but the PS3 needs some configuring.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:18 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:Yeah...I have a modem linked to a router...Ive tried multiple variations (not using the router, or unplugging the other computers using the routers signal. Im sure the xbox took to my settings without a problem, but the PS3 needs some configuring.

i have a friend that bought a ps3 a year back and he had same problem he had to phone the internet company and they had to open some ports or something so he was able to use his ps3 on the net
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Hmm...interesting...I may have to give Comcast a call.
    Thanks for the post!
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:45 am

hope you got it sorted it can be so frustrating when the machins dont do what you want them to do
    Darkstar485
    Darkstar485
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Darkstar485 Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:57 am

I had a similiar problem, I had to many things using the WiFi and it got all messed up cuz of it
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:49 am

weird iv had my ps3 from the day it came out and when i went online with it iv never had any connection problems most of the time i played with my pc turned on with da turrent downloading things but still i hat no problems then 1 years ago i got the new xbox silm with the 200+gb and my net went bad if i want to play online i can ither go on xbox with my pc+ps3 off or on my ps3 with my xbox /pc off or the other way round bt with my pc the thing is that before id had my xbox i could go online on my ps3 and then on my pc i could go on skype which made both ds n drs funner...iv herd a lot of bad things bout the xbox drs n from my year of bein on xbox iv found out that its community is sh*t so i just need to ask is the xbox version of drs as bad as they say???
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:48 am

I have a PS3, wired to a modem, and PSN is usually just fine.

On occassion, though, I will get kicked off PSN and Dark Souls/Demon's Souls will revert to the title screen.

This will be a problem for a day and then go away. I think that's why you'll sometimes see one of your friends constantly go "online" and "offline".
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:21 pm

My guess is that there is a setting/firewall in your router. Have you tried googling the problem? There should be quite a few people with your router that has had the same problem. Also, have you tried hard restarting both the modem and router? Does your 360 still work fine online?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm