Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Steve the Barbarian SL35

OmniBot
    OmniBot
    Regular
    Regular

Steve the Barbarian SL35 Empty Steve the Barbarian SL35

Post by OmniBot Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:02 am

http://tinyurl.com/awgykn7

I've been having so much fun invading and co-oping in blighttown with this character. With rotten pine resin and poison throwing knives I have no problem poisoning people, and sometimes I swap the club to a butcher knife for some maneater cosplay. SL35 is a really good level for invading and I've found that it's the perfect level cap to make NG a challenge. Making SL35-50 builds with non-elemental weapons is quite interesting.

Also, he has a very large build and the complexion of one from the great swamp, naturally.

What do y'all think?
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Steve the Barbarian SL35 Empty Re: Steve the Barbarian SL35

Post by AzureCrow Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:39 pm

Kudos on making such a stable low level build especially a themed one. You seem to have it ironed out, any changed I could think of would be purely pvp based and would break your theme except maybe to switch to the soldiers waist cloth as it has higher values but only by a few points so it wouldn't be worth it if it doesn't look as barbarian to you.

At that level I'd imagine you get more hunting invasions so equip some dung pies to try giving victims toxic after a hit or two fills their poison bar. All the infested barbarians have them. Praise the Sun

If you end up enjoying the pies you should switch the hand axe for tattered cloth manchette as it'll double your poison resist giving you an extra throw or two without being too noticeable as armor.
    OmniBot
    OmniBot
    Regular
    Regular

Post by OmniBot Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:05 pm

The hand axe is actually very important for this build, as it's far faster than the large club or the butcher knife. Having a fast weapon like that in my pocket helps against low poise opponents who can dodge my large weapons, and it makes getting that last fatal hit easier.

I can switch the hollow warrior waistcloth for heavy boots to get more poison resistance and still have enough weight for the hand axe. They do look barbarian-y enough, and they offer more elemental defense, but I've grown attached to the pathetic looking waistcloth.

Last edited by OmniBot on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:35 am

Yea I understand completely the hand axe is a useful little strength weapon, your build really is a perfect theme as is. Unless you want to level up end your pretty well off, if you save the pies until just before they poison it shouldn't be a problem anyway.

Congrats on the great build good luck with your invasions! Hurrah

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 am