Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
RANT
Everynevers
skarekrow13
Rynoa
8 posters

Invaders and enemies

Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Invaders and enemies Empty Invaders and enemies

Post by Rynoa Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:42 pm

So. This is the situation I'm currently in:

I am in my NG++, Royal Woods. I entered the area in human form hoping to summon someone to help me clearing the enemies and getting all the items (because the giant thingies are kicking my butt, you know, when there are 2..).

So, I enter the area and just after killing the first two skarecrows someone invades, and promptly runs in the deep of the woods waiting for me, sometimes showing up taunting me and running in the woods again. Seeing as there are no summon signs right now, I have absolutely no intentions of following him just to be killed by some random magic while figthing off the giants. So, it's like 10 minutes now and nothing happens big grin
    I mean, yesterday the same thing happened but I had a summon with me, and let me tell you fighting the invader AND 2 giants and various skarecrows altogether was hell (but a lot of fun), especially because each time me and my summon were busy with local enemies the invader took an humanity. But it was really fun. In 2. Alone? I don't think so :roll:

So, what do you do when the same thing happens to you? I usually run after the invader anyway... but this time is just too damn impossible for me XD
    I've got a friend who always carelessly follows and dies EACH TIME XD

Actually while I'm writing this, I got the message that the invader was vanquished and I also received a nice amount of souls :affraid:

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Invaders and enemies Empty Re: Invaders and enemies

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Anytime I've had a runner like that I try to out troll them. Hawk ring and poison arrows are often enough to get a decent reaction. Kind of a bad area though for that, what with all the trees. I've been known to do the waiting game or even just progress through the level doing something else. Often it ends with a suicide by them twisted

Also, thanks winking
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:32 pm

I put the RoF on and then just haunt them. I've had some fun with this. I got the idea cuz I just finished working as "line entertainment" at a haunted cornfield attraction for Oct. Granted, that forest area in the DLC would be difficult to do this in if the enemies are not cleared.

I was invaded while killing the Hydra in Darkroot Basin and was just trying to speed to the DLC. So, I put the RoF on, hid under the waterfall and went to get some munchies. Came back and found them doing gestures out to where the hydra would be... I snuck up on them and was just about to kick them into the drink when they exited.

I did this a few times in the Burg as well. I'd clear to the Taurus demon fog gate and then just wait for invaders to spawn from a vantage point. Yes, I wanted revenge. They'd miss me everytime... then I'd trail them and confound them by leaving those glowing stones behind where they just had been. One invader I played with for about 30min before actually confronting them.

Tbh, I kinda like making invaders "sweat it out". These invaders all seem less patient after a few fruitless minutes of hunting for me and it makes them sloppy. They seem more sloppy. I win more often than not.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:53 pm

i do the same thing skare does, outrolling them is a lot of fun.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:08 pm

I take them all head on, because I'm that fearless.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:13 am

Just run at them with your scary blue hair that should do it! lol

Failing that RoF or Hidden Body, circling the outskirts of the wood, taking pot-shots at them with poison arrows should do the trick. twisted

Of course, you could simply bail out by disconnecting your internet connection, but that's a pretty cheap thing to do, and so I tend to only do this in the most extreme of circumstances, which is practically never nowadays.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:40 am

I just walk away toward wherever I was going. I don't have to kill you, I can ignore you and be just fine.

I did this once and the guy black crystaled out.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:42 am

Mmmmh, ring of fog and hidden body sound like fun!! I'll try that!! big grin

(hey what do you mean by scary blue hair? silly)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:47 am

I just go in to kill them.

But if that isn't viable, you can go to the home/dashboard, and log off. That'll remove them from your world. Because using the environment is one thing, wasting ten minutes is another. That's just boring.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:34 am