Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Pointers on Pyro/dex Gravelord build

AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Pointers on Pyro/dex Gravelord build Empty Pointers on Pyro/dex Gravelord build

Post by AzureCrow Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:38 pm

I've been messing around with the idea of making a high cast pyro gavelord for a while now and I think I've worked out most of the kinks however it will my first build designed for the dlc and my first pyro focused build so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I want it to be sl 100 so as to battle in the arena between gravelording and because it will be a pyro, dex seemed like the logical main stat. I would however like a sizable amount of atunement so I settled around 40 dex.

http://tinyurl.com/bah2z2h

It's a bit heavy at the moment however my experience gravelording has taught me to expect 5 or more darkwraiths before seeing even my first SOV so I'm expecting long bouts. The main area I'm unsure of is the most efficient dex/attune to have optimum casting speed with plenty of casts.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Pointers on Pyro/dex Gravelord build Empty Re: Pointers on Pyro/dex Gravelord build

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:54 pm

I would try to maybe just drop the tank set up, maybe go for 21 poise and fast roll. Also i don't know if dusk crown is really worth it with that build. I get that you want to use the gravelord miracle, but even at +3 fire tempest will out perform it. That isn't a big deal though, it would just save you a few stats. Here's what i would change.

http://tinyurl.com/bhvrxnx

I was assuming you already have the build done, and don't want advice on stat layout. I tryed to keep the look/theme of your original build, cause i do think that is important to like things about your build. You have 21 poise,fast roll, and your pyro will do a lot more damage. 21 poise is decent, you can tank a 1h katana hit and 2h falchion/spear. You could always switch the bellowing dragon ring for wolf if you see your opponent has a large weapon, or if you would just rather tank hits then do more damage with pyro.

Hope that helps
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Pointers on Pyro/dex Gravelord build Empty Re: Pointers on Pyro/dex Gravelord build

Post by AzureCrow Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Actually it's purely in the planning right now with no heavy investment yet so any stats suggestions would be appreciated. Proper Bow

The reason I went for greatsword dance over a pyro was the enormous knock back the spell causes, to me it seemed it could send even heavy players into the air which would be it's primary use. Is fire tempest able to stagger opponents with high poise? Also I though the bellowing ring only boosted pyro if a catalyst was equipped?

I tend to stay away from the shadow set due to its low defense, I'm hesitant on using too light a build while gravelording as I tend to get spammed by attacking invaders and SOVs and since I will be looking to make EOD's I most likely will fight my share of dishonorable fights, no bowing of course.

I'm thinking I'll mainly use a lighter high dmg build like this for the arena and duels.
    http://tinyurl.com/a34po65

However use something more like this while gravelording since I won't be moving around all that much to increase SOVs.
    http://tinyurl.com/bzx582y

I would be willing to tweak my stats namely dex and attune because I don't have much experience with pyro focused dueling.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Well the main reason i recommended a light build is because you often have to evade multiple opponents. I was gravelording oolacile township, and had a surprising amount of blues team up on me. Also depending on where you are you really have to be mindful of the dark magic. Especially while mid rolling, if you do mid roll i would at least suggest using the crest shield. Also if you plan on doing the arena much at all, you might as well go to 12 faith.Here's what i would do if you are starting fresh.

http://tinyurl.com/aacgk63

Pretty much same as you, except 12faith. In arena just replace sword dance with heal. Also 31+ poise should really be fine, since a majority of people use dex weapons.

Here's the pyro build i use, i'm fairly successful with it http://tinyurl.com/ctw33jb . I don't use it in the arena, or else i would take a few stats out of dex, start as another class and get 12faith ext.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:26 pm

I see I'll definitely work that in, I'm thinking I'll take the build up to this,

and then decide which stats need the points.

Do you notice a significant decrease in cast time with the 45 dex? Im thinking if I play sparingly I can remove an attunement slot and raise the dex.

Also I've had fairly high success dogging pursuers with my mid rolling sl 200, by side stepping then rolling forward the moment they'd conect from the side and diagonal it seems 4/5 will reliably hit during your Invincibility frames with the last randomly hitting the ground, you, or your roll. It's neither here not there but interesting food for thought.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:16 am

The difference between 40 & 45 is only really noticeable when you are having an intense match with another pyromancer. Other then that you would not notice.

I always run into the laggy mages, ive had multiple instances where i was fast rolling and rolled away from them and they appeared to disappear then i took damage from an invisible pursuer. Those are just some of the worst things in the game when it comes to lag.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Alright thanks for all the help I'll keep down my dex and end a little to keep my vit up and stick to 21 poise when using bellowing instead of havel's.

I've gotten pretty lucky with connections outside of the arena but I've spent the entire dlc in high magic resist armor to soften the latency issues.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm