Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Nybbles
Infighter
FruitPunchNinja
Noob-of-Artorias
reim0027
The Letter X
felclef
RANT
mugenis4real
Ghadis_God
Espada Muerta
Seignar
16 posters

Top Tier Builds?

Poll

It has been a year, can we come to a conclusion which build is top tier?

[ 2 ]
    Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [38%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [3%] 

Total Votes: 29
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Top Tier Builds? - Page 2 Empty Re: Top Tier Builds?

Post by Glutebrah Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:43 am

Can't roll bs a spear at max range.
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:46 am

Glutebrah wrote:Can't roll bs a spear at max range.

Most spear users get greedy. What I do is get up in their face and take a hit, and they almost always swing again, which means you can easily time a parry, and stuff them with it. Of course you won't take a leo hit unless they counter you, and taking a hit in a neutral stance isn't a leo crit. Spear damage is sub-par unless they leo crit you.

Bows are good for making some players who play defensively, suddenly go super aggro, then you can swap that bow out and parry them, or get an easy backstab.
    Grey-Ronin
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Grey-Ronin Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:57 am

Resistance build was my pick but you didn't include it!!!

If we're talking arena dueling then Dex-faith builds are top-tier hands down. Not to say that other builds aren't any good and can't put up a fight, but there are almost no major weaknesses to this build.

I made a Dex-faith build for the arena that uses the Balder side sword, blood shield, chaos composite bow, 56 poise, fast roll with WoG, sunlight blade, great heal and great magic barrier miracles and there is almost no situation that it can't deal with.

It almost feels cheap.

Almost.
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:01 am

I beat a Havel's greatshield, spear poker earlier using the above tactics, and I didn't even need to backstab him! 1 parry + 2 arrows while he was scrambling to try and chug estus. Those players are scrubs.
    Grey-Ronin
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Grey-Ronin Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:09 am

Well people that use spears behind shields are scrubs, but ones that use it two handed are a slightly different story. Shield pokers are a lot easier to backstab plus dead angling makes dealing with there shield not a big problem (e.g. back facing WoG).

Spears can be very effective but still require at least a degree of skill and patients on the users end so I don't believe they are absolute top-tier.
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:28 am

The only correct way to use a spear is you only poke at max range, and never poke twice unless the first hit poise breaks them. And use your range advantage to poke whiffed attacks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:03 am