Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
GkMrBane
6 posters

Honor Zones and Honorable people?

GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Honor Zones and Honorable people? Empty Honor Zones and Honorable people?

Post by GkMrBane Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:32 am

So do you guys think it’s necessary to act honorable where ever you go in any pvp situation or do you think its situational or location based?

(My Opinion) My thoughts on this are that its location and situational (situational- meaning it depends on each player) and that there are only two locations that are hold mostly to their respective standards of being location based The Burg (Honor bound) and The Forest (No rules) while every other place in the game is just situational.

Read text below if you want but its not important.

Spoiler:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Honor Zones and Honorable people? Empty Re: Honor Zones and Honorable people?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:41 am

I guess that's fair. Totally up to you, though.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:15 am

it's easier to play honorably in the burg for me because, well, i take pity on all those you find in the burg. you never know who you are going to invade in the burg, more often than not it's new players who haven't figured it all out yet, or players that have just started a new toon and only have starting gear.

last night i got summoned through my dragon eye over and over by this player who i'm pretty sure hadn't even figured out the lock-on system yet. i went bare fisted for the first few matches and he treated me like a punching bag. i didn't mind, i wasn't losing anything by doing this. each time he would get a little better, i would switch it up, start using my shield, only going for back-stabs (bare fists), then parries, and later just throwing fire balls at him. he also gave back all the scales he earned for killing me, twas pretty cool.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:22 pm

I think it has a lot to do with the area and what people are doing there, in the forest you cant expect any fight to be fair thats just how the cov is the host is the invader and the hunters are just protectors. Upper Burg can have some of the worst grieffers under sl 20 but in the 100-120 range its the most honorable pvp around. Host actually host battles, sometimes fighting sometimes not, and (most) invaders wont even attack until their opponent gestures. It's just the understood time to be honorable and if you decide to pop a few divine blessings or gwyn forbid you start glitching those 2 invaders quietly waiting their turn to fight are now ensuring you suffer the most gruesome death imaginable. Only time I've ever seen two people chain BS and dark hand. :shock:
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:08 pm

There are areas where honor is expected.

The new DLC areas is not one of them, even though I have fought many a honorable battles in the DLC areas, but it is not 100%.

I hate getting WoG spammed off the elevator by host and summons on the way down to the abyss to battle them when I invade. Haha.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Depends if I'm looking to invade or duel. If I'm invading, screw honor. If I'm dueling I may slightly change my tactics.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 pm