Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
FruitPunchNinja
passivefamiliar
PlasticandRage
mugenis4real
Corporal Maxey
rayrayjay
TheBigLebowski
retro
defacto
Heroez Blade
Back Lot Basher
15 posters

In the next Souls game, I want a "Co-op Ring"

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

In the next Souls game, I want a "Co-op Ring" Empty In the next Souls game, I want a "Co-op Ring"

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:50 am

I really love the coop aspects of this game. I'll drop a sign anywhere if I'm farming or just clearing an area. What I'd like to see is a ring that would allow you to be summoned into any area if you are wearing it (similar to the Forest Covenant or Darkmoon rings).

-I see it being something like a queue in the form of a permanent summon sign. These could be located at each bonfire and outside each boss door. Imagine a sign that is kind of a permanent portal, from which people can draw on a pool of people wearing the coop ring.

-Anyone wearing a coop ring goes into a queue, which is linked with this series of signs. If someone uses one of the signs, the game pulls a random person out of their game to summon them.

-This would result in a HUGE increase in the number of people available to summon, since they wouldn't have to be in that area. And since we know this mechanic already works with a few covenants, there's no reason why something like this couldn't work for coop.

-It also wouldn't have to be the exclusive system for coop...people could still drop regular signs as well, if they want to play with a friend.

-If giving up ring space is an issue, perhaps the game could introduce pendant slots for things like this (or covenant summoning).
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

In the next Souls game, I want a "Co-op Ring" Empty Re: In the next Souls game, I want a "Co-op Ring"

Post by Heroez Blade Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Sounds like a good idea, but it would probably interfere with people that are trying to co-op as friends but instead they get some random that has the ring on.

Also, what would be the soul level ranges for seeing people with the rings? If there is no range than it could be a big mess with tons of signs being high level or tons of them being low level. This could tend to be a problem because I am sure nobody wants a low level beginner helping them.

Where would the ring be located? Would it be available for anybody or just people with the dlc? 1 more thing...... Would you have to be human or undead to use the ring?

Other than those questions and possible problems the idea does not sound that bad, especially for people that have trouble finding summon signs.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

In the next Souls game, I want a "Co-op Ring" Empty Re: In the next Souls game, I want a "Co-op Ring"

Post by defacto Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm not sure why people take ideas and add unnecessary complications and then claim there are problems with it. I'll reply in the quote.

Heroez Blade wrote:Sounds like a good idea, but it would probably interfere with people that are trying to co-op as friends but instead they get some random that has the ring on.

Why? You could still just use normal summon signs. If they did do this though I would love to just be able to invite my friends. Let me use that "Invite to Game" From!

Also, what would be the soul level ranges for seeing people with the rings? If there is no range than it could be a big mess with tons of signs being high level or tons of them being low level. This could tend to be a problem because I am sure nobody wants a low level beginner helping them.

Same level ranges as usual? Why change it? If there were any changes to co-op level restrictions I would want it to be 15 +15% lower than you and then unlimited higher than you. Once you get past SL 150 it doesn't quite matter anyway. Plus if you want your SL 700 friend to help you level up your SL 20 character who cares? Some people like being the SL 700 going beast on lower level stuff and some people like being the SL 20 being carried through the content.

Where would the ring be located? Would it be available for anybody or just people with the dlc? 1 more thing...... Would you have to be human or undead to use the ring?

Sunbro could give it to you. You could be hollow or human and use it.

Other than those questions and possible problems the idea does not sound that bad, especially for people that have trouble finding summon signs.

I love this idea but I also think that co-op and PvP should be much, much easier to do with friends. I also think that party voice chat would be nice while I play.

I also think there should be continuous co-op if you desire. Let us experience the entire game with friends!
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:00 pm

@ defacto

I was simply saying that there could be "Possible" problems with it, not definant problems. And i was asking all the questions to get a better understanding of the idea and how it could be added to the game.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:52 pm

I really, really like this idea, especially if leaving conventional summon signs the same way they've worked in DeS and DaS was still an option.

What I like about this is that sometimes I like to farm and do other tasks while leaving summon signs down. However, in many places traveling past invisible barriers or level boundaries will cause the summon sign to vanish. I would like to have a ring that works anywhere, like the Forest Hunter ring.

Perhaps there could be a specific ring available for each area (or a select number of areas). Example - You could equip something like an Anor Londo ring, where if a host waits by some kind of interactive stone or structure in the Solaire bonfire room, you can be summoned by them.

Leaving signs in the conventional way could still be desirable, for playing with friends or wanting to see the gear/ have a choice of who you summon (as the ring could be totally random with no choice at all). Perhaps the co-op ring(s) could have a more restricted level range (within ~8 levels of the host), making some players prefer to seek out signs in the chance they might find a higher level player to help them.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Heroez Blade wrote:Sounds like a good idea, but it would probably interfere with people that are trying to co-op as friends but instead they get some random that has the ring on.
    This wouldn't be a problem if it required consent from the host. The host could have to do something like activate a device (magic stone/ pedestal/ orb, etc) near a bonfire or checkpoint that activates random co-op summons.

Heroez Blade wrote:Also, what would be the soul level ranges for seeing people with the rings? If there is no range than it could be a big mess with tons of signs being high level or tons of them being low level. This could tend to be a problem because I am sure nobody wants a low level beginner helping them.
    They could make them work the same or even be more restricted if it works too well. One issue I see is that if it works too well, I could picture a situation where gankers are fighting off an invader - a summoned phantom gets killed, the invader keeps the others at bay, and within 20 seconds another phantom is summoned without the host having to seek out another summon sign. Almost sounds like too much of an advantage. But there could always be something like a more restricted level range or a cooldown timer after a phantom is killed to prevent this from being an issue.

Heroez Blade wrote:Where would the ring be located? Would it be available for anybody or just people with the dlc? 1 more thing...... Would you have to be human or undead to use the ring?
    Because this is an idea for a future souls game, we don't have to worry about specifics of locations and conditions. But let's consider 'what if' this was in Dark Souls, here's how I could picture it making the most sense-

You could have several rings that are grouped to work for several areas each. One ring that allows you to be summoned in a couple places in Anor Londo and in Duke's Archives. Another that lets you be summoned randomly in the Upper Burg, Lower Burg, or Parish. Another for Sen's and the Garden, etc. The rings for areas that include Lord Soul restricted bosses could be obtained only after defeating the final boss. The reason for this is that if you're looking to do co-op and get a ring early on, it'd be pretty cheap to have access to areas you haven't yet reached yourself. I don't think a co-op ring should allow you to be summoned into a new area, so they could be obtained after beating the bosses for the area(s) it works in.

Last edited by retro on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo!)
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:20 pm

@ retro

I understand what you are saying and it does answer many of my questions so thanks. Maybe we will see a new game in the future, who knows......
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Good idea, but let them first start with dedicated servers. I upped your rep though for this good idea!
    rayrayjay

Post by rayrayjay Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:40 am

Yeah, dedicated servers first, then implement this.
    Corporal Maxey
    Corporal Maxey

Post by Corporal Maxey Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:27 am

I really like this idea. I'm thinking of it working like this: You go to the area you want to co-op in. You put down a special sign (maybe have a unique sign for this purpose in addition to a regular summon sign) in conjunction with wearing the ring. You can either stay there or leave. Someone touches that sign and bam, you're in.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:12 am

Sweet Christ no. This thread gives gankers wet dreams.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:20 am

mugenis4real wrote:Sweet Christ no. This thread gives gankers wet dreams.

I was about to say something to this affect. It'd make it a lot easier for a host whose losing in pvp to be a chicken ****
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:12 am

Love this idea. And the ring slot isn't a big issue sucks for you in your world but would be worth it. When i used rings to invade, just swap it out once you arrive in the new world. This would be perfect for the sunbro's to. The coven says it increases co-op but i've never been sure.

This is got me way to excited though. Co-op has been broken in this since day one. This idea you have is great. A permanent summon sign to pull from. Love it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:17 pm

I REALLY wish more people would use the 2vs2 & FFA arenas. They were pretty dead right when DLC came out, i was hoping it would improve. It is even worse now, i wait ten minutes and don't even see a red circle.

It's Fun!!

I like your idea, i hope there is a way to summon friends easier in the next game though. Also, it would be cool if that was also a way to replay boss fights(although i guess co-oping is basically replaying a boss fight...)

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GTP_Zodicus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by GTP_Zodicus Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:17 pm

when anyone equips the "one ring" it drops a sign in front of every bonfire near a boss room, aka anor londo solaire bone fire, blight town in the cave,ect(aka the nearest bonefine to a boss in that area). once one person has the ring on the summon sign appears, standing near the summon sign produces a phantom image, like the ones you see running around. This tells the host he is looking at the sing dropped by the "one ring" summoning from this sign randomly summons someone of the correct level, regardless of the summons location.

Thats how i see it working, id say have either the dude in firelink give it to you right away or have solaire give it to you with the white sign soap stone.

You would still need the white sign stone for helpping some one through a entire area and for trying to coop with some one spesifically.

I really like the idea and seeing how most of the codeing is there alreaddy because of the covenets rings i cant see it being that hard to implement.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:51 pm

I prefer the unique minimalism of DeS when it comes to multiplayer. People seem to be drifting to the opposite of this. *Sigh*
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Onion Knight wrote:I prefer the unique minimalism of DeS when it comes to multiplayer. People seem to be drifting to the opposite of this. *Sigh*

Onion, I can appreciate your sentiments....I honestly can. I've always loved the structure of the multiplayer in this game, and I'd never want to see it deviate too far from that.

I think we'd all agree that jolly cooperation is one of the best-loved elements of this game. I simply see this as something that, in effect, changes nothing about that other than opening up a wider pool of people to offer their coop help. At any given time, there are plenty of people at your level putting down signs for some coop. But they're scattered about in isolated areas which are independent of each other. I would just like to be able to put on a ring, and be drawn into any world where someone needs help (like the Forest Hunter covenenant).

The comment about how gankers might use this to their advantage is a good one. Any time new elements get introduced into games, someone has to always play Devil's Advocate and suggest ways it might be abused by idiots. A couple of things that come to mind, as far as limiting this:

1. Incorporate an animation with these special "signs" that use the coop ring. That way a host can't just keep running to an endless supply of gankers. If he/she does, it takes 5 or 6 seconds of animation, inviting people for a backstab.

2. Perhaps using the pool of people wearing coop rings could be limited to 2 summons, a limit that would be refreshed by either your death, or by sitting at the bonfire. However, you could still summon a random sign at a boss door.

Just a few ideas...
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:50 pm

My wish for the co-op ring would be for it to simply link you to your summon sign, allowing you to leave the area to do other things and still be summoned. It would not only work for white and gold signs, but for red and dragon signs as well. On a slow night, or slow time period you could be farming or progressing during your wait. As for where to get it. How about purchasing it from Reah after you rescue her from the Giant's Tomb.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:42 pm

I just want high SLs to be able to summon lower ones... Except for all the invasions my 500+er is pretty lonely these days and Manos on NG+++ is kinda a BEAST for me, lol/cry.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:18 pm

Everynevers wrote:I just want high SLs to be able to summon lower ones... Except for all the invasions my 500+er is pretty lonely these days and Manos on NG+++ is kinda a BEAST for me, lol/cry.

I'd be up for that. In all honesty, I think anyone over level 200 should simply be able to summon ANYONE between 200 and 712. People to got to level 200 can handle any level of NG+, so why not open up the pool a bit more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 am