Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
BartholomewWenceslas
Tolvo
vatar5
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinBro
9 posters

Massively Multiplayer Online Games

Poll

Do you like MMOs?

[ 9 ]
    Massively Multiplayer Online Games I_vote_lcap69%Massively Multiplayer Online Games I_vote_rcap [69%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Massively Multiplayer Online Games I_vote_lcap0%Massively Multiplayer Online Games I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Massively Multiplayer Online Games I_vote_lcap15%Massively Multiplayer Online Games I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Massively Multiplayer Online Games I_vote_lcap8%Massively Multiplayer Online Games I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Massively Multiplayer Online Games I_vote_lcap0%Massively Multiplayer Online Games I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Massively Multiplayer Online Games I_vote_lcap8%Massively Multiplayer Online Games I_vote_rcap [8%] 

Total Votes: 13
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Massively Multiplayer Online Games Empty Massively Multiplayer Online Games

Post by OrnsteinBro Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:03 am

I was watching ENB's video and was wondering how many people who play the Souls Games hate MMOs, and why. I was kinda curious because he made me realize that there are a group of people who do abhor MMOs.

I was wondering how you guys felt about MMOs, and why? Please give a reason if you have voted.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Massively Multiplayer Online Games Empty Re: Massively Multiplayer Online Games

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:16 am

I genuinely dont know what to answer. I like the idea of MMO's but in all honest never got into them because of continuing costs, and a hatred of the cursed farming mechanic!
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:51 am

What do you consider a 'farming mechanic', though? Is it the fetch quests, farming for good gear, or exp farming for the grind in general? Maybe all 3?
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:26 am

I like free MMORPG like Maplestory and GrandChase...because these are globally the only game I can run.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:01 am

Even in games like Borderlands 2 which isnt even a proper RPG...i hate repeating things simply to get loot....is boring as hell and really ruins the experience for me....

I considered getting Guild Wars 2 because apparently lame fetch quests dont exist in it....
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:45 am

I've played quite a few, I enjoyed Planetside for the tactics, Ultima I actually played but I barely remember it. That's just because I was so young at the time.

TOR, Guild Wars, WoW, I've played quite a few of them actually.

WoW always has a close place in my heart because I genuinely like that game. I'm not a fan of the community though, it got pretty bad when I stopped playing. Though while Mists of Pandaria has the worst marketing for an expansion by far, the actual content is making me consider going back to playing.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:25 pm

I've been playing Maplestory off and on for around 4 years now and I've randomly played a lot of free MMOs throughout that time. I wouldn't say that I love MMOs, but I certainly do enjoy them if I'm in the right mood for it
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Was gonna wait for the opportunity to make my 1000th post much more epic. Blargh.

I do enjoy playing MMOs quite a lot. Mainly because i ain't got jack **** to do. That and i really love getting in touch with people. Y'know, just befriend people all over the world.

I used to play a MMORPG known as Requiem. Though just a couple of months before i joined this here forums, i quit the game because i felt like it was all too repetitive.

I do plan on getting Guild Wars 2 as well, possibly next week if i'm not too busy with Halo 4.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:56 pm

I played WoW for like almost year. During the Burning Crusade period. I played it by "free" methods, if you know what I mean. It was very fun. When Lich King came out, it was good too, but some of the quests were very repetitive or boring. It just bored me over time, because it gets repetitive. Now I don't enjoy MMOs as I did before. Neither I play them anymore.

Now I'm more into hardcore Action/RPGs. Or RTS, but this year RTS was almost dead in terms of big releases. Next year we have SC2: HotS, Company of Heroes 2, Rome Total War 2.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Currently playing Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy XIV. Will be getting Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn when it hits PS3 too. Go check it out yo'.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:12 pm

I like MMO's not because of what we have currently but because I feel it has a hell of a lot of potential. I just hope the game market in general breaks out of this stagnation I have been feeling recently.
    Oh yeah that and I have a tidbit of nostalgia for Playing runescape back when I had IRL friends who played MMO's with me silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:49 am