Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Onion Knight
Hatsune Miku
argotthar
fujiphoenix
Mr. Tart
Knight Alundil
Strudul
Reaperfan
TheBigLebowski
vatar5
Rarayn
Argetlam350
RANT
ViralEnsign_
18 posters

Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names

Poll

Why add Wolf to your Gaming User Name?

[ 0 ]
    Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names I_vote_lcap0%Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names I_vote_lcap14%Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names I_vote_lcap43%Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names I_vote_rcap [43%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names I_vote_lcap43%Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names I_vote_rcap [43%] 

Total Votes: 7
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names Empty Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:35 am

I've asked this before but never understood....

What is so attractive about the inclusion of Wolf in ones Gamer....Tag? Is it some internet trend im not aware of? Do you just like Wolves? Is it that you think I sounds cool?

I want to know why? Im not trying to insult or target anyone.

From my own personal stand point I would not include Wolf in any of my Gamer Tags or what ever because I think it is cliche.

However Im more often than not wrong and many things I say are stupid.

So what is you reason for it?

Oh and if the mods think this should be else where please move it. I thought posting it here would get this thread seen by members who actually use Wolf in thier User Names....
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names Empty Re: Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names

Post by RANT Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:39 am

I've yet to meet someone on the ps network with with wolf in their tag Shrug
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names Empty Re: Calling All Gamers who use Wolf in their Gamertag/PSN names

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:41 am

Really I see it everywhere.

Wolf this and Wolf that!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:43 am

Really. The thing that I don't get is people with random letters and numbers, maybe it might mean something to them but It just looks weird to me.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:04 am

I have rarely seen anyone with wolf as well. Though I will say if I did have wolf in my gamertag, really I think I would go with TimberWolf and then some random number mostly because I was a big mechwarrior fan many years ago.

What I don't get are the people who have gamer tags like- xX(username)Xx or zZ(username)Zz. What's with the freaking letters around the username (ignore the paraenthesis). It drives me nuts seeing X's or any other letters that go around the username.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:38 am

ctuallt that is worth considering next.

I see it all over steam, on PSN, etc....
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:03 am

Argetlam350 wrote:I have rarely seen anyone with wolf as well. Though I will say if I did have wolf in my gamertag, really I think I would go with TimberWolf and then some random number mostly because I was a big mechwarrior fan many years ago.

What I don't get are the people who have gamer tags like- xX(username)Xx or zZ(username)Zz. What's with the freaking letters around the username (ignore the paraenthesis). It drives me nuts seeing X's or any other letters that go around the username.

I am assuming that the (username) part of their username was already taken, and they started adding stuff around it so that they could use it regardless.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:39 am

Maybe but there are many of them, to many that I don't think all of them have usernames taken that they like but rather they like it while it just drives me nuts for some reason. It just looks dumb to me with the letters around their names.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:05 am

Or even the people who use Dark in the User Names....have you seen how many there are?
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:34 am

That's just you Viral x)
    No seriously,I've "never" seen a Wolf or a Dark on the PSN...
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:00 am

I never see Wolf, but I did saw a coop partner with Sif in his/her tag. No joke.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:42 pm

RantFromRant wrote:Really. The thing that I don't get is people with random letters and numbers, maybe it might mean something to them but It just looks weird to me.

Typically people do that so that they can guarantee getting the name they want without having to worry about the system saying "name already taken." If you were to make a new account and try to name it "Gwyn," that'd probably already be taken either by some Dark Souls fan who beat you to the punch or someone who's actual name is "Gwyn" or "Gwen" or something. So you just add something seemingly random like the middle four numbers of your birthday and "Gwyn1241" becomes alot less likely to be taken despite the fact that you can just ignore the numbers and call your character "Gwyn."
    Strudul
    Strudul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Strudul Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Letters around a username is usually because the original username is already taken and it looks better than having your username followed by a string of numbers.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:22 pm

TheBigLebowski wrote:I never see Wolf, but I did saw a coop partner with Sif in his/her tag. No joke.

I changed my gamertag to "Knight Alundil" so it would look more dark soulsy big grin
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Pretty cool, but if change my gamertag in knight lautrec and then play Call of Duty, that would be odd. haha.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:20 pm

TheBigLebowski wrote:Pretty cool, but if change my gamertag in knight lautrec and then play Call of Duty, that would be odd. haha.

Dual Shotels > Guns
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:31 pm

I don't have Wolf in my GT, although i had planned on using it in my GT at first. The reason to it though, was because wolves happen to be my favorite animal, and i can relate to their behaviour, so it would just kind of describe me.

I ended up with xFingeR PaiNtx only because everything i tried was taken and i happened to be using the bloodprint of a hand as an avatar on another forum at the time, so i just thought i'd go with something more friendly than ''Bloodprint of a hand'' or something silly like that. Shrug
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    TheBigLebowski wrote:I never see Wolf, but I did saw a coop partner with Sif in his/her tag. No joke.

I changed my gamertag to "Knight Alundil" so it would look more dark soulsy big grin

I actually considered changing my GT to Knight Solaire or Iron Tarkus, place my summon sign on the same spots as them, depending on the GT i took, and then just troll players with 2 Solaire/Tarkus for the lulz. I just don't want to pay to change for some one time fun though.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm especially fond of the ones that are like this: xXSuper Dark assassin ninjaXx
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Hmmm can't remember did I ever saw player with wolf tag in their names :-)
    However all my chars having Argo*something* in their names :-0
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Min PSN name is Mr_Okami123 or some thing like that. I don't have, but one PSN friend. So I tend to forget what my name even is.

Okami Amaterasu is a Japanese wolf god deity. Okami is also one of my favorite games of all time.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:05 pm

I've never seen anyone with any form of 'wolf' in their ID's. However seen hundreds , probably thousands of Xx*InsertName*xX or zZ 'thing' it drives me maaad for some reason. Also countless 'assassin' or 'ninja' ID's. Maybe it's just moi?
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Ya. I hate the XxXNAMExXx. Its just...its stupid looking. The wolf thing is just due to people tryin to sound 'cool' most the time. Same deal as. 'Assassin'. 'Ninja'. And. 'Dark'. Anything like that is just a lack of creativity most of the time. Not to start a console war here, but im sooo glad i'm ps3. I make alternate accounts all the time for fun, or to troll people. You gank on me, ok fine, i'll make a character with your name, but change the. I, into a l. Mwhahahahahaha... captial i, and lowercase L. Or something like that and then INVADE THEM with what looks like their own name..blows peoples minds. Then when they msg me, i msg them back the EXACT same thing via copy/paste just removing the RE: MAX TROLLAGE!. Poor xbox peeps. Microsoft is screwing you guys.

But back on topic. I've made friends just based off initial creative names i've seen. And vice versa. But i do have friends with the 'XxXnameXxX', and they HATE IT. But they have trophies etc on it so they keep it as their main anyway.
    Livedlime2

Post by Livedlime2 Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:55 pm

I Don't know about the wolf thing, but I'm sure some of the XxXnameXxX people are straight edge as that is a symbol for straight edge
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:02 pm

On Xbl i see wolf every where and dark and QuickScopez but eh what are you gonna do with people that think thats wolves are cool, or that "Dark_Snipez1234" is school, and im not even go to talk about the QuickScopez GamerTags or else ill make an entire topic by myself

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 am