Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Aznul
Tds
The Wandering Knight
Tomhet
befowler
VinheimProfessor
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
BartholomewWenceslas
Mr. Tart
FraktalZero
The Letter X
Onion Knight
XachAttack
Heroez Blade
TheAshenPhantom
Uparkaam
Valentine's
Conrack
22 posters

Epic Deaths

Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Epic Deaths Empty Epic Deaths

Post by Conrack Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:33 pm

So this is my first thread, so if its out of place feel free to move.

Down to buisness, (told in somewhat of a story fashion bare with me please.)

I just revived in the prison after being killed by seath, I killed the guard and took his key, leaving my cell I watched as two snake men ran right past me. I turned to see what they were running from and lo and behold several hideous blue snake like monster slithered up the stairs. Drawing my blade and raisng my shield I turned to face this foe, and in a few heartstopping moment 3 were dead, but more had joined the fray, as I fought on I took wounds but nothing Estus could not heal, until one last monster remained and my spirit soared high, victory would soon be apon me and we clashed more wounds to my body but I fought on until the monster ensnared me with its tentacle appendages, I felt fear as the sharp spear like tounge entered my belly but the worst was yet to come as tthe monster then flung me over the railing and stories to my demise, and as I looked up pail and broken, I knew that this library would be my tomb.

Sorry I enjoy going off ike this but its was sweet wish I had recording tools (if anyone can tell me where I can get them, I'k convinced they're worth it now).

Anyone else have a awesome or painful death they care to recollect?
    Valentine's
    Valentine's

Epic Deaths Empty Re: Epic Deaths

Post by Valentine's Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:54 pm

RAPED BY MIMICS...OVER...AND OVER...AGAIN... :x
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:58 pm

In the Forest, I was fighting a white phantom while another invader was keeping the host busy. I was fighting berserker style with the greatsword, power within and red tearstone ring. Me and my opponent had both taken a lot of hits and were close to dying. When my RTSR activated, he began to avoid me, trying to let my PW kill me. He tried to run towards his buddy but I managed to hit him with a running attack just as I died to the power within myself. We died almost at the exact same time. It looked pretty cool.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:11 pm

I was summoned to help a mage defeat Artorias the Abysswalker. We stepped throught he fog gate and began our dance blades and magic. Artorias and I, both in the same armor and weilding similiar blades, clashed with the little mage firing off soul arrows and soul spears. Artorias turned his attention to the mage and began his frenzied leap attack nearly killing my poor summoner. I rushed in and garnered his attention with heavy strike but recieved many in return. It had finally come down to the final blow for both him and I and with one last swing we gave each other the killing blow. we both fell to our knees as we began to fade away into oblivion once more.

Sorry for the dramatics but this fight just had to good of an epic ending in my opinion, I even got the souls and humanity for the boss fight since I didn't fade completly until after the you defeated popped up.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:56 pm

awesome stories people, btw hate those mimics.

Don't worry about being too dramatic. often you can add depth to the story with well though out word play.

hearing " I jumped and fell to my death" sounds better as "I rushed towards the ledge and lept, but as soon as I had I knew I would not reach the other side and would fall to my demise"

of course this is all coming from a lover of shakespeare. big grin
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:08 pm

I was fighting quelaag on my 4th run and i was about to kill her when all of a sudden i was killed instantly by her AoE attack. I was so surprised at how fast i died.....

Another moment was when i was facing Manus. Again I was about to kill him with 1-2 more hits and he shot his magic up into the air. I was like oh SH**. It came from behind me and demolished my health bar. I was now determined to kill him once and for all so i traveled back down into the dark abyss and destroyed his demon ars.

There were probably other moments but that is all i can think of right now...
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:46 pm

I was doing some Burg pvp a while back and someone using the Thief gear summoned me. We fought for a while, being very cautious as to not show my back to him, then he started throwing pyromancy at me.

It was easy to dodge, but a few had nicked me, and we were both on our last bit of hp. I ran up to him as he charged a Great Fireball in his hand and I pressed my attack button. He threw the Fireball right when it was pressed.

When the smoke cleared...we were both gone. It had been a tie.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Just playing a mage, I tried out pursuers (cheap magic if you ask me) but I was invaided I keep shooting soul spells at this guy and hes rolling and dodging them with ease, and so eventually I run out and swap to the pursuers spell as a last resort, during the cast he runs up and backstabs me throwing me near a ledge. By this point in the fight i was near dead magic nearly exhausted and getting rather annoyed so I attempted pursuers again, with amazing luck I manage to finish the spell just as he knocks me over the edge. I fell pretty far and died but as I did, I noticed my spell had killed him as well. its kind of fun to have those fights happen.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Valentine's wrote:RAPED BY MIMICS...OVER...AND OVER...AGAIN... :x
    Time to haunt your dreams!
    Epic Deaths Tumblr_m9dethbthu1qzis1f
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Onion Knight wrote:
    Valentine's wrote:RAPED BY MIMICS...OVER...AND OVER...AGAIN... :x
    Time to haunt your dreams!
    Epic Deaths Tumblr_m9dethbthu1qzis1f

hahahaha excellent. made my day!
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:06 pm

I was summoned by a phantom in Oolacile Township. After we defeated a few enemies, I noticed my host was on a pretty high NG. Probably NG+5 or higher. So I take note of this, and we go on our way through the level. We eventually get to the stairs with the 2 sorcerers and other undead just past the shortcut. With some difficulty, we get past them but the host is burning through estus like crazy. We get to the chained prisoner. "Oh boy..." We have a good brawl, each of us weaving in and out of the fray to minimize damage taken. We take him down, and I dreadfully realize my host has ran out of flasks. He shows me the animation of an empty flask confirming my guess, and to make It worse, he Is at mInImal health. And to top It all off, I had no humanIty or health eIther!I knew it was bad, but there was a bonfire nearby! I point forward, and he seems to get the idea.

We push onward and step in the floor tile to take us to our destination, but I realized I just made a grave, grave mistake. This was my host's first time through the level, and there was an angry undead on his way on the elevator waiting to take out both of our miniscule health pools in one attack. The hollow makes his way up, and I make a quick decision. I use my rapier to perform the forward+RB/R1 attack backwards onto the elevator with our killer. I stood there frozen. Time itself seemed to stop. I had to do something. My host wouldn't be able to handle him on his own. So I switch to my pike for perhaps my most epic death in co-op. I used the pike's heavy attack to send us both flying off of the elevator to our deaths. I cannot explain the sense of honor I felt when I saw my host come down on the elevator in the middle of the prostration gesture as I fell to my death.

Sorry for the drawn out story, I just wanted to tell it how it was. silly
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:13 pm

once again bravo for such a magestic demise. In a game so full of death, let every one tell a story of our bravery or cowardice. Dont worry to much about the length (if you read any of my posts you'll see they are all rather long).
    FraktalZero

Post by FraktalZero Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 pm

New Game +, Sen Fortress, fighting the Iron Golem: me going all rambo behind him until he does a grab between his legs and drops me down the building. I started laughing hysterically. GREAT GAME! big grin
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:55 pm

I've posted this one twice already so i'll just quote myself:
    Mr. Tart wrote:
    I remember the first time i played Dark Souls. I had just gotten through the Asylum after so many times of ragequitting, and i saw him. My nemesis...

The Cresfallen Warrior!!!

Being a new player to Dark Souls i assumed i could kill him for some awesome equipment. Well, i was wrong. And i didn't even manage to kill him...

Damn bastard spawnkilled me over and over and over!

I had to delete the character, because all he did was stand behind me spamming and stunlocking my ***.

Whenever i start a new game, i stunlock the f*cker.

NEVERMORE!(C WUT I DID THAR?)
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:34 pm

Just a few seconds ago, I was co-oping in Anor Londo. The fight was going well and we were on to Super Ornstein. I was low on health, so I was hanging back and using the sniper crossbow to slowly whittle away Ornstein's health and then, while Ornstein was on the other side of the room, distracted by the other two people, I got launched in the air and killed. Ornstein hadn't moved or attacked, so I apparently I was killed by a ghost
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:53 pm

This doesnt involve fighting anyone, but this one time at Sen's Fortress, I jumped down to the bonfire and died instantly from landing on it. The only thing I could think about was that my character must be seriously weak to flaming swords up the ***.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:43 am

This happened recently. One of my mage characters was fighting Ornstein and Smough on NG+, and there were tons of funny deaths before I was able to kill them. One of the best deaths was a double team - Smough's hammer hit my character just as he was completing a roll, knocking him down and destroying a column right behind him. Just as my character was recovering and I was about to roll away, Ornsteign came out of nowhere with that forward piercing lunge and killed him. Most of the epic deaths involve my character being a glass cannon, so one good hit knocks him down to 1-5% of life and the next devastates him.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Not my death, but in the Anor Londo cathedral a fellow summon jumped off the stairs and was followed down by an invader, and then me. So the invader killed the first summon with a drop attack, and a fraction of a second later I killed the invader on the exact same spot with my drop attack. Their simultaneous death animations on top of each other were basically X-rated.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:09 pm

hahaha sweet, just fought the BP chain prisoner in the Chasm of the Abyss as my spell caster. Dodged him rather nicely all the while strugling to stay on top of the ridge with a drop to my left and a swarm of humanities to my right. I got **** and started casting white dragons breath (totally forgot how long a cast time it has on a spell caster with 12 dex) he swings his ball and chain and with a sickening crunch it collided with the right side of my head killing my 813 or so health caster in one hit and sending her corpse plummeting into the abyss.

sat there for about 3 min. wondering if it was worth going back for my bloodstain.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:31 pm

One I'll always remember. Back on release day , edging along through the Undead Burg. Instead of going up the stairs to the Taurus boss fight (I see the burning barrel.) Thinking that I'm being cunning I head downwards to see if there is another way round. Come face to face with a Black Knight. Promptly soiling myself. I flee as fast as my plate armour would carry me back to the bonfire thinking I would be safe ...
    Epic Deaths Tumblr_m8zvbguVUv1qjwcc4o2_500
    ... I was wrong ... and dead.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:31 am

I was summoned once and someone invaded us in the Duke's Archives. The invader turned the staircase to get closer to use. He hand't seen me, so he thought he was safe hiding behind the Chaneller that was also trying to get close to us. I hit both twice with my sword. The Chaneller was dead and the invader, badly wounded, tried to retreat. I followed him but couldn't finish him quickly enough, so as he was going down the stairs I performed a plunging attack without even thinking. I died but he died first. The summoner even sent me a voice message thanking me for my sacrifice.
    The Wandering Knight
    The Wandering Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The Wandering Knight Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:11 pm

none of my deaths came close to being epic! sad usually me flailing about badly before my untimely death.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:52 pm

Back in unpatched disc version of Dark souls (before the game was made, in my opinion unnecessarily easier) I would reach the Red Dragon on the bridge, if anyone remembers it was basicly a crapshoot to see if you could make it to the halfway point as the dragon might or might not see you on the start of the bridge. several dozen roasted deaths there.

There is a particularly memorable one though in which I started to run across in full knight armor, with some amount of luck I made it to the middle and was heading down the stairs, when I got a facefull of fire that left me with a sliver of health, panicing I began sprinting down try to reach the ladder to the bonfire, as soon as I hit the floor I moved to the bonfire, but apparently aggro'd the crossbow hollow and as soon as I start to sit I get an bolt to the back of the head killing me.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:54 pm

So there I was being a nice white phantom in Sen's Fortress helping people fight the Iron Golem with my lvl 30 Catarina Knight, So im summoned to the world of a spell caster and his dragon friend who seemed eager to skip the level as much as possible and fight the boss so after fighting are way up to the fog door, and engaging the golem in commbat things started turning bad quickly for us, as about the third swipe sends the dragon guy over the edge, and his next attack almost killing the host so he freaks and sprint back to the fog door to heal leaving me to fight the golem (I was doing good to up until he picked me up and threw me effectivly halving my health (armor was not fully upgraded and I only have 18 VIT on this character) So the Host finally rejoins the fight and tries to heal me but I watch as he does the empty estus bottle shake. At that exact moment the golem swings and knocks both of us into the air, killing the host and sending me plummeting off the platform.

I get a message from the Host saying We'll we tried but I think it's time for Chuck Tarkus to kick some golem butt".
    Tds

Post by Tds Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Best death I've ever seen was on my friend who was a white phantom at the time. We were co-opping in the undead burg and we decided to fight the black kight on the tower right after the red dragon. The fight was going well, but unexpectedly, the knight wound up with the 2handed power attack..SWING! made a solid hit on my buddy and sent him flying OFF the tower! He survived the hit! But not the landing. It was awesome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:53 pm