Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Sergeant Soy
Strudul
Somethodox
StockpileThomas
Valentine's
anath
10 posters

Dammit, I just want a blue slab, is that so wrong?

anath
    anath

Dammit, I just want a blue slab, is that so wrong? Empty Dammit, I just want a blue slab, is that so wrong?

Post by anath Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:55 pm

OK, there are a lot of things that have frustrated the hell out of me in Dark Souls. The rats in the burg my first play through. Black Knights before I figured out how easy they are to parry / back stab. I completely avoid Blighttown. But never have I actually literally thrown my controller as now that I attempt to navigate that stupid frickin' twisted invisible pathway to the blue slab in the Crystal Cave. I died 6 times, then stocked up on 50 prism stones, made it all the way to the body, and made the mistake of walking straight at it instead of coming from the side and died again - so close I could have grabbed it on the way down.

😢

Damn you, FROM!
    Valentine's
    Valentine's

Dammit, I just want a blue slab, is that so wrong? Empty Re: Dammit, I just want a blue slab, is that so wrong?

Post by Valentine's Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Prism Stones. Throw one. Walk on the stone (IF IT LANDED). Throw one infront of you. Keep doing it. NEVER.NEVER GET ****. THAT SAME MISTAKE HAPPEND TO ME.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dammit, I just want a blue slab, is that so wrong? Empty Re: Dammit, I just want a blue slab, is that so wrong?

Post by StockpileThomas Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Yeah, that place sucks, hard. Try using a bow to shoot the ground; I found that a bit easier than the prism stones.
    Somethodox
    Somethodox

Post by Somethodox Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Oh yeah, and don't do what I did and run past the giant golem. Got 3/4 of the way along the invisible pathway to the slab and heard pounding feet behind me. Turned round... Didn't stand a chance.

If the golem can do it, so can you!
    Strudul
    Strudul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Strudul Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Lol, brings back bad memories.
    Sergeant Soy
    Sergeant Soy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sergeant Soy Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:12 pm

A good strategy now that the DLC is out, is to use the new carvings instead of prism stones. You can use them to do the exact same thing prism stones do (except for leaving a trail to follow back) and they never run out. It's much better in my opinion.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 pm

If you look at the falling dust you can see exactly where the path is pretty easily.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:30 pm

Somethodox wrote:Oh yeah, and don't do what I did and run past the giant golem. Got 3/4 of the way along the invisible pathway to the slab and heard pounding feet behind me. Turned round... Didn't stand a chance.

If the golem can do it, so can you!

Dont say that, I evaded the golemn and jumped on the invisible path. Then I realize the golem jumped down and is now following me. I of course freaked out and just ran, some how I made it to the slab. Then I had to fight the golem, I said screw it and just boned out.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:32 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:Yeah, that place sucks, hard. Try using a bow to shoot the ground; I found that a bit easier than the prism stones.

^ this is what I do also. 100 wooden arrows is a cheap investment compared to the countless souls and humanity you can lose trying to navigate that place.
    Strudul
    Strudul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Strudul Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:46 pm

The Golems are so easy to deal with in that area.

Just trick them into standing on the steep side of the crystal and they slide right off. Pretty funny to watch too.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:53 pm

theres a blue slab in the dlc, its guarded by two of the stone guardians and 4 gardners in the royal wood.
    Valentine's
    Valentine's

Post by Valentine's Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:01 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:theres a blue slab in the dlc, its guarded by two of the stone guardians and 4 gardners in the royal wood.

TWO...STONE GUARDIANS...And FOUR...Gardners?

Dammit, I just want a blue slab, is that so wrong? ***
    Strudul
    Strudul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Strudul Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:03 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:theres a blue slab in the dlc, its guarded by two of the stone guardians and 4 gardners in the royal wood.

Pretty sure it's only 1 stone guardian and 2 gardeners.

There are other stoneys and gardeners, but they aren't next to the slab.
    Valentine's
    Valentine's

Post by Valentine's Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Strudul wrote:

Pretty sure it's only 1 stone guardian and 2 gardeners.

There are other stoneys and gardeners, but they aren't next to the slab.

Only 1 Stone Guardians and 2 Gardeners?
    Dammit, I just want a blue slab, is that so wrong? 354652d1332411411-road-side-park-i-d-hit-
    Strudul
    Strudul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Strudul Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:27 pm

Valentine's wrote:
    Only 1 Stone Guardians and 2 Gardeners?

IIRC There is a stoney and 2 gardeners as soon as you enter the royal woods which you will have to kill.

Then a short run.

Then where the blue slab is (in a little pond), there is another stoney and 2 more gardeners.

So in total, to get the blue slab its 2 stoneys, 4 gardeners. Though you don't take them all on at once.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm