Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
befowler
Gazman0169
MediocritasAurea
Artoriasflagg
Sergeant Soy
Intro_To_Madness
WyrmHero
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Knight Alundil
Deathsitexxi
15 posters

Miyazaki finally revels the secret of the pendent

Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Miyazaki finally revels the secret of the pendent Empty Miyazaki finally revels the secret of the pendent

Post by Deathsitexxi Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Not sure if you guys have seen this... but when asked about the pendent Miyazaki said..... “When it comes to the pendant, I actually had a little bit of an intention to play a prank.”
    link the the article below lol What do you guys think?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/02/dark-souls-miyazaki-talks-artorias-of-the-abyss
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Miyazaki finally revels the secret of the pendent Empty Re: Miyazaki finally revels the secret of the pendent

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:34 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Miyazaki finally revels the secret of the pendent Empty Re: Miyazaki finally revels the secret of the pendent

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Look Skyward
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Ah the Red Herring/McGuffin I always thought it was.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Hahahaha troll!!!!
    Intro_To_Madness
    Intro_To_Madness

Post by Intro_To_Madness Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Well I'll admit that this is rather disappointing, Can't say I'm surprised though, the fact it took so long for them to fix the text description of pendent meant that it didn't really matter, at least that's what I thought.
    Sergeant Soy
    Sergeant Soy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sergeant Soy Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Now what? He confesses Solaire and the statues are also red herrings? (Although, Solaire is the greatest red herring there ever was Praise the Sun )

Edit: Actually read the article now. I want Salaman's picture NOW.
    Artoriasflagg
    Artoriasflagg
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Artoriasflagg Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:23 pm

Ha ha... Good man. I'd have been disappointed with any other end to that little half-mystery.
    MediocritasAurea
    MediocritasAurea
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MediocritasAurea Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:59 pm

After I read only thing that I could do was laughing
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Nowadays whenever I hear the name Miyazaki, the image of a playfull devil immediately springs to mind. big grin

I think it's now a given that the original pendant was always intended to be a red herring on his part, and what better way to mess with our minds further than to make the key to the new content an almost identical pendant. There is no denying that Miyazaki can be a mischievous little scamp at times, much like Patches when you think about it, and one wonders if this reoccuring character is modelled in part on the games undeniably great Director. :suspect:

I am absolutely loving the new content, as for me it has breathed new life into a game that has kept me absolutely spellbound right from the outset, as did Demon's Souls before, and so I really hope that Miyazaki does decide to direct a third Souls game, as it will be an absolute crime if he didn't. twisted
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Great stuff, although I was sort of hoping he'd double down on the trolling with some oblique remark about the pendant "actually opening up quite an interesting little area at least from a lore perspective; I'm not aware that anyone has found it yet." Cue another 2-3 years of hair pulling.
    Mourning Sun
    Mourning Sun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mourning Sun Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Did anybody else notice this?: "We are not planning to release more additional content so far"

Sooooo.... another expansion isn't off the table yet? That "so far" is keeping me in suspense here. Dare I dream? I mean, considering that this is almost exactly what he said last year... look where we are now.
    Intro_To_Madness
    Intro_To_Madness

Post by Intro_To_Madness Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Another expansion would be awesome! Something like "The Fall of The First Born" or something like that, since I don't believe that mystery was ever solved.
    Mourning Sun
    Mourning Sun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mourning Sun Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Intro_To_Madness wrote:Another expansion would be awesome! Something like "The Fall of The First Born" or something like that, since I don't believe that mystery was ever solved.

I don't know, I think the going into the past thing wouldn't work twice. I don't even really need a whole new story for an expansion, give me some vague reason to romp through new areas to kill another big baddie and I'll be happy as a clam.

Although I would like to interact with Velka, that would be nice.
    Intro_To_Madness
    Intro_To_Madness

Post by Intro_To_Madness Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Mourning Sun wrote:
    Intro_To_Madness wrote:Another expansion would be awesome! Something like "The Fall of The First Born" or something like that, since I don't believe that mystery was ever solved.

I don't know, I think the going into the past thing wouldn't work twice. I don't even really need a whole new story for an expansion, give me some vague reason to romp through new areas to kill another big baddie and I'll be happy as a clam.

Yeah that's true, but I would like a new expansion to have some relevance to pre-existing lore, since theirs so much of it. Velka would be a good angle to go on, I enjoyed the new spells in artorias of the abyss, but I'd like to see some new miracles too.
    Mourning Sun
    Mourning Sun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mourning Sun Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:48 pm

That's just the thing though, I just don't think there's a whole lot that can be added lore-wise without seeming like they're reaching. Maybe hopping over to a neighboring land, but that's really all that would make complete sense. Lordran is already a hotbed of excitement, let's give somewhere like the great swamp a chance.
    Intro_To_Madness
    Intro_To_Madness

Post by Intro_To_Madness Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Mourning Sun wrote:That's just the thing though, I just don't think there's a whole lot that can be added lore-wise without seeming like they're reaching. Maybe hopping over to a neighboring land, but that's really all that would make complete sense. Lordran is already a hotbed of excitement, let's give somewhere like the great swamp a chance.

While I agree going to another land would be interesting, I don't think it's possible. With the undead being hated creatures outside Lordran, among other things, I don't see it as likely.

Perhaps they should just go on to the next soul game, with all new lore like they did with dark souls.
    Dogwelder
    Dogwelder
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dogwelder Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:39 am

IT'S A DOUBLE-BLUFF, I TELLS YA! THE MYSTERY LIVES!

Nah, not really. I'm surprised that Miyazaki revealed the truth so casually, though - I thought by now he never would. Maybe he finally saw some of the lengths people were going to to try to figure out the meaning of the pendant and thought, "Wow, maybe I should put an end to this."

Seriously though, kudos to all the people who put so much effort into unlocking the secret of the pendant over the last year. Some of the theories have been very interesting to follow and it's a testament to the passion that so many fans feel towards this game.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:33 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote: Look Skyward

Your post absolutely made my day, simple as it is, comes with so much meaning! Lol +1
    sinspaw
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinspaw Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:20 am

Mourning Sun wrote:

You know... I'm reasonably sure that we've all interacted with Velka, not long after we start the game either winking
    Mourning Sun
    Mourning Sun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mourning Sun Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:51 pm

sinspaw wrote:
    Mourning Sun wrote:

You know... I'm reasonably sure that we've all interacted with Velka, not long after we start the game either winking

Oh the crow doesn't count. You know what I meant. Miyazaki finally revels the secret of the pendent 1447589260

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 pm