Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
argotthar
FinPeku
Glutebrah
hageshisa
Tolvo
TehInfamousAmos
RANT
felclef
13 posters

Arena Healing - Fair, Unfair or BBQ?

felclef
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Arena Healing - Fair, Unfair or BBQ? Empty Arena Healing - Fair, Unfair or BBQ?

Post by felclef Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:52 am

Hey friends, how you doing? I hope everybody is fine!!

Well, I was lurking and enjoying a good time at forums... As always, my freaking bad memory doesn't help me here, but I can barely remember of some thread about a build, which uses an base of X Faith, enough to cast Heal and Magic Barrier (so, I think it was 14). The char was suppose to switch to a Talisman after wining at arenas and heal/barrier before the opponent drops from the cage. Smart, I'd say.

I want to know your general opinions about it:
    - is it worth to spend some points for a Fai floor to have it?
    - same way, is it worth to spare a slot or two of Att (and its points) to achieve it?
    - as the player is putting some effort on it, it is systematically fair, but what you think, personally?
    - would you change your main build nowadays so you can do the tali-swap-healing?

TL;DR:
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Arena Healing - Fair, Unfair or BBQ? Empty Re: Arena Healing - Fair, Unfair or BBQ?

Post by RANT Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:04 am

hes spending point into faith and att so i think its cool. why the hell is everyone saying that heal is op now?Arena Healing - Fair, Unfair or BBQ? 3358384175
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Arena Healing - Fair, Unfair or BBQ? Empty Re: Arena Healing - Fair, Unfair or BBQ?

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:09 am

Smart, but I dislike the healing. MB seems fine to me silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:11 am

I think the mechanic can be abused, but I do like that the healing spell can be used in arena. Maybe some tweaks here and there are needed but I don't see anything wrong with having the ability to use it. Just that it can be abused.

But it's similar to backstabs which I generally don't see a problem with. I just think there are instances in which it can be abused. With the patch/dlc now though it looks like it is in a state I like though I have yet to experience it first hand.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:11 am

im bringing my try hard faith build to arena if i get the dlc and do nothing but heal and see what people do lol
    felclef
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:14 am

RantFromRant wrote:hes spending point into faith and att so i think its cool. why the hell is everyone saying that heal is op now?Arena Healing - Fair, Unfair or BBQ? 3358384175

I don't think it's OP, I think it is "systematically fair" lol!

Strategically, I would use it on a toon which already is using Fai... But I may change my mind one day... therefor, lets discuss it! ;D
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:19 am

i wasnt ssaying that you think its op, i just keep seeign posts of people complaining about it which are just annoying tbh, it makes sense that it can be used in the arena since its a spell and not an item and it wouldnt be fair to faith builds to not be able to use a spell(but i do dislike all these new builds with 12 faith only for heal, really guys? weak.)
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:19 am

IMO people will always find a way to ruining the game -_-
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:20 am

RantFromRant wrote:im bringing my try hard faith build to arena if i get the dlc and do nothing but heal and see what people do lol

dude people would love you because the match would end in a draw keeping their streak alive and that is all that matters!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:22 am

nvm then.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:22 am

RantFromRant wrote:nvm then.

you would just need to get the first kill then do nothing but heal.

PS: i knew you would crack and start considering the DLC eventually..... the day you get it we are dueling in Atorias Arena.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:23 am

I think it's fair. Not just because it requires stat investment (att + faith), but also because if you win the first round, it's only fair to have at least some of your health back.

It's the time limit that makes people go hollow in the arena, and healing annoying. Personally i don't have a problem with that. After doing hundreds of hours forest hunting, one or two great heal excerpts don't really shock me.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:28 am

Glutebrah wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:nvm then.

you would just need to get the first kill then do nothing but heal.

PS: i knew you would crack and start considering the DLC eventually..... the day you get it we are dueling in Atorias Arena.

that would work, i kill them on the first round heal then switch to ring of fog and run the whole fight. can you see if people have a streak going? thats who my target is gonna be.
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:29 am

Healing is just fine and no I do not intend to recreate my build just because of healing, I like it as it is (Dex/Int, no dark magic, just CMW).
    felclef
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:30 am

RantFromRant wrote:(but i do dislike all these new builds with 12 faith only for heal, really guys? weak.)

THIS... A lot of then is popping... This thing of switching to tali and then heal, then switching back is the main reason I started it... It's kinda bizarre, I'd say...

Someone knows exactly how much time is between defeat and respawn? bc a heal of Fai:12 would need about 3 casts to full a 1400+HP, doesn't it? Seems like a waste of Att and Fai to me, at first glance...
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:32 am

felclef wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:(but i do dislike all these new builds with 12 faith only for heal, really guys? weak.)

THIS... A lot of then is popping... This thing of switching to tali and then heal, then switching back is the main reason I started it... It's kinda bizarre, I'd say...

Someone knows exactly how much time is between defeat and respawn? bc a heal of Fai:12 would need about 3 casts to full a 1400+HP, doesn't it? Seems like a waste of Att and Fai to me, at first glance...

the spawn is fast but you can easily run and hide before they respawn and get off alot of heals.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:32 am

i think its just more for not having low vit or healing that 30% vit they lost on that last round.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:44 am

RantFromRant wrote:i think its just more for not having low vit or healing that 30% vit they lost on that last round.

i remeber one match i won after i was in RTSR, so i actually decided to go noob mode and put on dusk crown and Bellowing ring, went to the roof stair case waited for the guy to run up stairs and one shotted him with Fire tempest.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:22 pm

the requirement for regular magic barrier is 16, 2 more points and you could twop or emit force,
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:02 pm

I dont really think it can be abused. If someone is casting it alot then that means a few different things-

They've allocated more attunement points than the average healer so they're at a disadvantage elsewhere.

You're letting them get the distance to heal constantly.

If they're healing constantly between battles and they're constantly winning then that just means theyre better than you. Even with the extra points stuck into faith and attunement; they're better than you.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:35 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:I dont really think it can be abused. If someone is casting it alot then that means a few different things-

They've allocated more attunement points than the average healer so they're at a disadvantage elsewhere.

You're letting them get the distance to heal constantly.

If they're healing constantly between battles and they're constantly winning then that just means theyre better than you. Even with the extra points stuck into faith and attunement; they're better than you.

what if i kill him first but have 30% life left he kills me next round with me starting at 30% life, but i still get him down to 1 hit from death, he heals to full then turtles for a draw.

i know what your saying though nothing wrong with healing, everyone has the option to do it, how ever it does not put you at a disadvantage else were. say you start as a bandit, put 2 points in Attunement, and 2 points in faith and you can cast heal 5x for a total of 4 stat investment. most people will take 4pts from vitality and only lose around 50HP-100HP (depending if they use life modifiers like MoM or RoFaP)

that 50-100HP is completely off set by the 5 heal they have, so there is no disadvantage.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Glutebrah wrote:what if i kill him first but have 30% life left he kills me next round with me starting at 30% life, but i still get him down to 1 hit from death, he heals to full then turtles for a draw.

Then it was a good thing he had that heal on him so he could save his win-steak, wasn't it?

i know what your saying though nothing wrong with healing, everyone has the option to do it, how ever it does not put you at a disadvantage else were. say you start as a bandit, put 2 points in Attunement, and 2 points in faith and you can cast heal 5x for a total of 4 stat investment. most people will take 4pts from vitality and only lose around 50HP-100HP (depending if they use life modifiers like MoM or RoFaP)

that 50-100HP is completely off set by the 5 heal they have, so there is no disadvantage.

That loss of 50-100hp is the disadvantage. Doesn't matter if it's a big one or a small one it's still a disadvantage. If it's such a tiny little disadvantage in your eyes why don't you play that build then?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:what if i kill him first but have 30% life left he kills me next round with me starting at 30% life, but i still get him down to 1 hit from death, he heals to full then turtles for a draw.

Then it was a good thing he had that heal on him so he could save his win-steak, wasn't it?

That loss of 50-100hp is the disadvantage. Doesn't matter if it's a big one or a small one it's still a disadvantage. If it's such a tiny little disadvantage in your eyes why don't you play that build then?

the reason i said its not a disadvantage is because the heals heal alot more then the 50-100HP they don't have.

the build i play has about 400-600HP less then the average PVPer, most roll with 1800HP+ i roll with 1400HP. (and when you factor in the 20HP drain every time i get hits with Chaos blade even if it doesn't cause damage or hits their shield) the gap is more. i really only have 1200-1300 effective HP once you factor in how much life Chaos blade generally drains from me.

im saying its good he had the heal so he can turtle and save win streak, but doesn't make him a better player, i can easily turtle for wins after one kill but that is not fun, and fun is more important then win streaks for me.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:

the reason i said its not a disadvantage is because the heals heal alot more then the 50-100HP they don't have.

the build i play has about 400-600HP less then the average PVPer, most roll with 1800HP+ i roll with 1400HP. (and when you factor in the 20HP drain every time i get hits with Chaos blade even if it doesn't cause damage or hits their shield) the gap is more. i really only have 1200-1300 effective HP once you factor in how much life Chaos blade generally drains from me.

im saying its good he had the heal so he can turtle and save win streak, but doesn't make him a better player, i can easily turtle for wins after one kill but that is not fun, and fun is more important then win streaks for me.

Perhaps he only has fun if he's getting win streaks?

And btw that paragraph of stats you just wrote out doesn't really change anything, this is all choices you make just the same as him making a choice to grab heal happy
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:29 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:

Perhaps he only has fun if he's getting win streaks?

And btw that paragraph of stats you just wrote out doesn't really change anything, this is all choices you make just the same as him making a choice to grab heal happy

i thought you were asking why i didn't play with a build with 50-100HP less.. so i was saying my build has about 500-600HP less.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 pm