Easy way to evade pursuers

    Share
    avatar
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 27
    Location : New Londo

    Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Shindori on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:25 am

    Has anyone tried just... rolling through it like any other magic spell?
    I do it all the time.


    _________________
    ShindoriH on GFWL, shindori on Steam.
    avatar
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 689
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-09-04

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by XachAttack on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:30 am

    I suspected many times that would work, but I've kept reading comments that said otherwise.

    I've yet to fight someone using Persuers yet, so I have no firsthand experience lol.

    Can you evade Dark Bead the same way? Or do you need to roll to the side for that one.


    _________________
    [__ It's go time!__]

    PSN: Xach_Attack
    avatar
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 343
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-20
    Age : 25
    Location : EST, UTC - 5

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Revoltage on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:31 am

    Dodging pursuers is easy enough. But I have a lot of trouble dodging pursuers when the caster uses the silver pendant to scatter them.


    _________________

    GFWL / XBL GT: high rev0ltage (yeah that's a zero) - Steam ID: Revoltage
    avatar
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 29
    Location : Finland

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Juutas on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:31 am

    Yeah, I always roll through it but the real problem is the pursuers that are after my life


    _________________
    "Now stay down!" "...okay"

    Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    avatar
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 27
    Location : New Londo

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Shindori on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:41 am

    Youi can actually roll through ANY magic. I do it all the time. Casters hate me lmao.


    _________________
    ShindoriH on GFWL, shindori on Steam.
    avatar
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 29
    Location : Finland

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Juutas on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:57 am

    Shindori wrote:Youi can actually roll through ANY magic. I do it all the time. Casters hate me lmao.

    I've tried to roll through pursuers few times and it has only worked once, other times I just got instantly killed. There could've been a lag issue too though, I see it pretty often when fighting mages.


    _________________
    "Now stay down!" "...okay"

    Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    avatar
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 27
    Location : New Londo

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Shindori on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:59 am

    Juutas wrote:
    Shindori wrote:Youi can actually roll through ANY magic. I do it all the time. Casters hate me lmao.

    I've tried to roll through pursuers few times and it has only worked once, other times I just got instantly killed. There could've been a lag issue too though, I see it pretty often when fighting mages.
    Hmm... Might be... Lag does have a bit of a factor in it.. but for the most part you gotta just learn to read it. what i do is try to make it so they hit me in the middle of the roll, those nullifying any damage.


    _________________
    ShindoriH on GFWL, shindori on Steam.
    avatar
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1271
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Inside your Head?

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Jester's Tears on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:11 pm

    ROLL WITH THE FLOW...No idea how but that Sounded awesome in my Head :|

    Anyway! Fast Roll, Left or Right should make them pretty easy do evade...Expect when the Caster is using Dark Bead... :evil:


    _________________
    PSN: BerzekerS
    I can be a sarcastic Bastard. I can be an Ironic Bastard. I can also be a Bastard
     Well What is it Cheers! Well What is it 

    Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by RANT on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:14 pm

    you can rol through everything but damn pursuers is so damn LAGGY! it gets me about 50% of the time.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 28
    Location : East Coast , USA

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:19 pm

    ^ the new magic(and all spells/miracles for that matter) become a whole different monster when you are facing someone with bad lag. I was fighting this foreign player(take a wild guess) in oolacile township, and they were hitting me with dark orb....dark orb...First time i went for a bs cause that spell is so slow, nope took full damage before it even cast on my screen. So i just tryed to avoid it as much as a possibly could, even with my shield up i was taking full damage...I assume because of the lag being so bad i was somehow being dead angled by the spell...


    Was using crest shield btw, one of the only shields ive been using recently.
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by The Letter X on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:41 pm

    Yeah you can roll through both pursuers and bead. The only problem is when someone is smart enough to cast bead right as you roll through the pursuers.


    _________________
    avatar
    Valentine's
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 32
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-01
    Age : 23
    Location : Around every Corner.

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Valentine's on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:47 pm

    FruitPunchNinja wrote:^ the new magic(and all spells/miracles for that matter) become a whole different monster when you are facing someone with bad lag. I was fighting this foreign player(take a wild guess) in oolacile township, and they were hitting me with dark orb....dark orb...First time i went for a bs cause that spell is so slow, nope took full damage before it even cast on my screen. So i just tryed to avoid it as much as a possibly could, even with my shield up i was taking full damage...I assume because of the lag being so bad i was somehow being dead angled by the spell...


    Was using crest shield btw, one of the only shields ive been using recently.

    SO. They improved the A.I of SPELLS? BUT NOT. Rest of Dark Souls' enemies? NICE ONE From Software...Nice One indeed.


    _________________
    Not much to say, Expect that im A Gentleman with a Dagger. Well What is it
    avatar
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 548
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : New Hampshire

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by fujiphoenix on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:10 pm

    Revoltage wrote:Dodging pursuers is easy enough. But I have a lot of trouble dodging pursuers when the caster uses the silver pendant to scatter them.
    Pray tell, how do you do that?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:12 pm

    I've seen people roll through, the problem is that you might leave yourself open to take a quick Dark Bead to the face whilst you're recovering from your roll.

    avatar
    Valentine's
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 32
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-01
    Age : 23
    Location : Around every Corner.

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Valentine's on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:21 pm

    fujiphoenix wrote:
    Revoltage wrote:Dodging pursuers is easy enough. But I have a lot of trouble dodging pursuers when the caster uses the silver pendant to scatter them.
    Pray tell, how do you do that?

    Cast Pursuers, Use Silver Pendant, Make Pursuers Pursue while they're away from you...I'd guess.


    _________________
    Not much to say, Expect that im A Gentleman with a Dagger. Well What is it
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:24 pm

    Valentine's wrote:
    fujiphoenix wrote:
    Revoltage wrote:Dodging pursuers is easy enough. But I have a lot of trouble dodging pursuers when the caster uses the silver pendant to scatter them.
    Pray tell, how do you do that?

    Cast Pursuers, Use Silver Pendant, Make Pursuers Pursue while they're away from you...I'd guess.

    I just now did a test of this, didn't seem to work.

    avatar
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 548
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : New Hampshire

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by fujiphoenix on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:26 pm

    I've tried it before, but the pendant didn't repel them... Do you have to wait for them to launch at your opponent and use the pendent right when they start moving?
    avatar
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 343
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-20
    Age : 25
    Location : EST, UTC - 5

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Revoltage on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:02 am

    fujiphoenix wrote:I've tried it before, but the pendant didn't repel them... Do you have to wait for them to launch at your opponent and use the pendent right when they start moving?
    Yeah they have to be pursuing an enemy first, then you use the pendant right as they're flying away from you.


    _________________

    GFWL / XBL GT: high rev0ltage (yeah that's a zero) - Steam ID: Revoltage
    avatar
    Valentine's
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 32
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-01
    Age : 23
    Location : Around every Corner.

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Valentine's on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:21 am

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Valentine's wrote:
    fujiphoenix wrote:
    Revoltage wrote:Dodging pursuers is easy enough. But I have a lot of trouble dodging pursuers when the caster uses the silver pendant to scatter them.
    Pray tell, how do you do that?

    Cast Pursuers, Use Silver Pendant, Make Pursuers Pursue while they're away from you...I'd guess.

    I just now did a test of this, didn't seem to work.

    I don't know. I don't have the DLC (Getting it tomorrow i Hope) and i saw it in a Japanese video so yeah.


    _________________
    Not much to say, Expect that im A Gentleman with a Dagger. Well What is it
    avatar
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 548
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : New Hampshire

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by fujiphoenix on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:15 pm

    I keep trying it but its not working :'(
    avatar
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 29
    Location : Finland

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Juutas on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:02 am

    Tried the silver pendant against pursuers, didn't do s*it except killed me instantly because I was stuck in the animation.


    _________________
    "Now stay down!" "...okay"

    Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    avatar
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 353
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-10-20

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Infighter on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:10 am

    To Dodge Dark Bead you roll into them even mid-roller can dodge no problem

    To Dodge pursuers roll to the sides they will just go straight to the ground,or use terrain to your advantage : trees etc. DON'T Use Silver pendant that **** doesn't work you WILL get hit no matter what.


    _________________
    Strength Above All



    http://www.youtube.com/user/infighter771
    avatar
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 984
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Location : Canada

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Back Lot Basher on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:37 am

    Infighter wrote:DON'T Use Silver pendant that **** doesn't work you WILL get hit no matter what.

    The silver pendant does, in fact, work. I've used it to keep the pursuers at bay many times. The problem it creates, though, is that while you're in the animation, the caster will lunge at you for a back stab. The only combo I've ever tried was using the silver pendant, and when the caster gets close for melee, hit him/her with WoG. But this means that only clerics have the odds stacked in their favor for defense against mages. Combine that with Great Magic Barrier, and you should have no trouble.

    Pursuers are very easy to dodge if you roll in a circular motion around the caster (obviously, having 25% equip load is a must).
    avatar
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 548
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : New Hampshire

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by fujiphoenix on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:16 pm

    I like when someone uses the silver pendant and the pursuers go up in the air, then come strait down on their head. lol

    Sponsored content

    Re: Easy way to evade pursuers

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:25 pm