Pursuers and Dark bead are stupid(ly awesome)

Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Pursuers and Dark bead are stupid(ly awesome)

Post by Glutebrah on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:58 pm

johnnyjwa wrote:Ooooo ya that's pretty dirty :evil: . I wouldn't stoop that low even if I'm invading. I usually spawn in and instantly rush the host no matter the situation. I don't rely on dirty tricks though.

And "lettuce be cereal" lol that's pretty good. I may steal that when replying to some hate mail.

Lettuce bee cereal and ketchup to real tea.... you better pepper your angus.

**NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Hylian wrote:

People get mad because it's cheap, think if you were on your opponent's shoes. The casting time for one of these new spells is insane, it's almost instantly, the guy raises his arm then boom death is unleashed.

You backstab noobs? Think for 1 second, if you rely only on backkstabs and magic to win a fight, aren't you the noob?

Guys I understand that sometimes talking about things we don't like to have to deal with in game will cause emotions to rise up, but let's try not to insult others please.

I also don't think noob is really an applicable term even if you think it isn't skillful. He isn't a new player and he seems to understand the mechanics well enough. He is taking advantage of something which can be abused but I wouldn't say that makes him unskilled.
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:25 pm

Backstabfisherman....how do I smell a troll among us?

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 am

Hylian wrote:
    BackstabFisherman wrote:I LOVE the new spells, they are so cheap that I've resorted to using
    some mage builds that specialize in doing the most damage possible with
    pursuers and dark bead. People get so :x when they lose to dark bead and pursuers. I've had people try to use the amulet on me just to take a CSS to the face!!

If anyone is curious what that particular build is, its right here:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3370225226520782 cheers

**edit: One of the few builds I use that doesn't use a hornet's ring.

I gotta say, I was getting bored with Dark Souls, because backstabbing
    noobs repeatedly for close to a year was starting to get boring, and now
    I got a new gimmick, but I will never forget my roots if someone gives
    me the opportunity for a backstab, I'll take it.

People get mad because it's cheap, think if you were on your opponent's shoes. The casting time for one of these new spells is insane, it's almost instantly, the guy raises his arm then boom death is unleashed.

You backstab noobs? Think for 1 second, if you rely only on backkstabs and magic to win a fight, aren't you the noob?

lol! Yeah!!! Backstabs and spells are cheap, so I'm a noob if I use them lol. The logic of some people lol

I don't get mad. I take my losses with stride and just move on to the next invasion. So yeah I've been 1hko'd by pursuers before, so what? What goes around comes around. This game is borderline non-competitive with all the gimmicks. Otherwise people wouldn't be setting a list of rules for "honorable" dueling, which of course most players aren't going to follow.

I remember the first time I got beat by a running firestormmer in Demon's Souls, first time I ever seen or even heard of it. All I did was lol about it and sent the guy a message asking how he did it, and I wasn't even rude or mad, or demeaning to the guy over it, and he showed me how to do the trick a few months before it was shared with most of the community.

The problem with the gaming community isn't cheaters, hackers or exploiters, but people with fragile egos that get butthurt at the drop of a pen.

Its not like there is no counter for pursuers. The spell is slow to cast, and I've seen too many people who try and cast it when the spacing isn't right and get backstabbed, or eats a poise breaking attack. And Faith builds offer a good counter.

What about firestorm in Demon's Souls? People complained about how cheap that was because it was one of those 1hko no matter what spells, or would at least break SC. Eventually firestormmers started getting roll backstabbed.

Juutas wrote:Backstabfisherman....how do I smell a troll among us?

Depends on who you ask bud. Honestly I think the whiners that can't take a loss with stride are the ones who are trolls. People want to come up with any excuse they can for losing other than just facing the fact they lost because they sucked in that particular match.

I got jumped by some gankers earlier, and instead of sending hate mail, I asked if I could join them to roll some scrubs over lol. You would be surprised how receptive people are if you don't go about communicating in a butthurt way.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:49 am

Guys please do not make personal attacks on each other.

Even if you think Fisherman's tactics are despicable he isn't doing anything wrong or trying to spread hatred. He has a playstyle that he sticks to and he really isn't insulting anyone.

Not to mention he seems to be pretty well versed on the mechanics as I've mentioned so the term noob just really doesn't fit.

Please try to keep the discussion civil.
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:12 am

BackstabFisherman wrote:
    lol! Yeah!!! Backstabs and spells are cheap, so I'm a noob if I use them lol. The logic of some people lol

I remember the first time I got beat by a running firestormmer in Demon's Souls, first time I ever seen or even heard of it. All I did was lol about it and sent the guy a message asking how he did it, and I wasn't even rude or mad, or demeaning to the guy over it, and he showed me how to do the trick a few months before it was shared with most of the community. and i used it every single fight to pwn noobs all day

he was just saying that you use some of the easiest/fastest killing tactics in a game to beat people who you say suck at the game.

and i fixed the other paragraph for you.

i agree with the points you made about people getting to butt hurt. there are always going to be the people who only plat this game to annoy the other person, and those are the people who abuse easy gimicks.

i mean honestly maybe i am wrong but how can any one actually enjoy a game that ALL they do is BS fish? to me i can't see any enjoyment out of a fight like that except that you are trying to get a easy win to piss off your enemy.

trying to OHKO your enemy is that fun? would you of enjoyed the PVE aspect of Dark Souls if every single boss was OHKO on your play through?

i actually had a guy who i kept getting invaded buy who was a typical MoM Hornet ring Rapier BS only guy, he beat me first match 2nd match i beat him. i asked if he had fun only backstabbing, his response was "u mad noob?" i replied "why would i be mad i won the last match, i am disappointed that the match resulted in me having to counter back stab your backstabs though." then i asked him if he invaded me again if he would want to fight for real or if he just had fun backstabbing only "he told me he only has fun backstabbing" so from that message on every time he invaded i just pulled out silver tracer, hornet ring and BSed him to death every time. he messaged me then "your one the better backstabbers there are"

then we actually started talking and i was telling him if he fought normal he wouldnt telegraph his fishing making it so easy to counter.

**NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    BackstabFisherman wrote:

I remember the first time I got beat by a running firestormmer in Demon's Souls, first time I ever seen or even heard of it. All I did was lol about it and sent the guy a message asking how he did it, and I wasn't even rude or mad, or demeaning to the guy over it, and he showed me how to do the trick a few months before it was shared with most of the community. and i used it every single fight to pwn noobs all day

he was just saying that you use some of the easiest/fastest killing tactics in a game to beat people who you say suck at the game.

and i fixed the other paragraph for you.

i agree with the points you made about people getting to butt hurt. there are always going to be the people who only plat this game to annoy the other person, and those are the people who abuse easy gimicks.

i mean honestly maybe i am wrong but how can any one actually enjoy a game that ALL they do is BS fish? to me i can't see any enjoyment out of a fight like that except that you are trying to get a easy win to piss off your enemy.

trying to OHKO your enemy is that fun? would you of enjoyed the PVE aspect of Dark Souls if every single boss was OHKO on your play through?

i actually had a guy who i kept getting invaded buy who was a typical MoM Hornet ring Rapier BS only guy, he beat me first match 2nd match i beat him. i asked if he had fun only backstabbing, his response was "u mad noob?" i replied "why would i be mad i won the last match, i am disappointed that the match resulted in me having to counter back stab your backstabs though." then i asked him if he invaded me again if he would want to fight for real or if he just had fun backstabbing only "he told me he only has fun backstabbing" so from that message on every time he invaded i just pulled out silver tracer, hornet ring and BSed him to death every time. he messaged me then "your one the better backstabbers there are"

then we actually started talking and i was telling him if he fought normal he wouldnt telegraph his fishing making it so easy to counter.

I don't always backstab fish, just sometimes. Not all players are equal, and the ones who play like they've never been back stabbed will find themselves back stabbed. Other players you can tell by the way they are moving that they are covering their flank. I rarely limit my tactics unless I'm just screwing around with an odd build. I can tell which players I can backstab fish and which ones I might have to be more creative with in just seeing how they move and react for a few secs. The ones that run right up in your face with a shield up get backstabbed every time. I'll just lock off and run around them, its really that easy. Turtling behind a shield sends the message that they are scared, cautious and defensive, which means they probably haven't faced invaders too many times. I see that as weakness. I'm more afraid of the guy using a target shield than I am vs the guy using a Havel's Greatshield.

I only use this name because someone sent me hate mail and called me a filthy backstab fisherman because they lost.

The Dark Souls motto is "prepare to die", that goes for both online and offline, PVP, or PVE If people can't emotionally deal with losing to another player, then they shouldn't play online.
    eduardolee
    Casual
    Casual

Post by eduardolee on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:05 am

Watch out,we got a badass over here.

Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:12 am

Guys, can we please stop making this out to be something personal and get back on topic?

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:12 am

I think a great place to PvP if anyone hates getting destroyed by the Dark Bead and Pursuers is the Kiln. There are a lot of pillars that the Pursuers can hit. The jagged, hilly landscape can cause the Pursuers to hit the ground as well.

I have lost count of how many players I've encountered with builds created solely to exploit the power of these DLC spells. I've met countless players who, with one cast of Dark Bead, take me down by almost 75% of my health. Then, I backstab them and find that they have about 600-700 HP. Look Skyward

:pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:29 am

yep, true glass cannons, as it should be, mages are supposed to be living artillery batterys that can be crushed by a forehead flick, just means you'll need to practice dodging (dwgr,fastroll,kirks armor to interupt casts...)or tanking (gmb, havels shield, vos) to get close.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:46 am

BackstabFisherman wrote:I LOVE the new spells, they are so cheap that I've resorted to using
    some mage builds that specialize in doing the most damage possible with
    pursuers and dark bead. People get so :x when they lose to dark bead and pursuers. I've had people try to use the amulet on me just to take a CSS to the face!!

If anyone is curious what that particular build is, its right here:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3370225226520782 cheers

**edit: One of the few builds I use that doesn't use a hornet's ring.

I gotta say, I was getting bored with Dark Souls, because backstabbing
    noobs repeatedly for close to a year was starting to get boring, and now
    I got a new gimmick, but I will never forget my roots if someone gives
    me the opportunity for a backstab, I'll take it.

If you really want to annoy them, pursuers > silver pendant to make them deadly arcing missiles > chase your victim down and lockoff backstab. Then dark bead as they get up or dump a gcf down their trousers. It is extremely effective for fillin your inbox up with hate mail.

On PC I was so sick and tired of people complaining that i was a tryhard for using the flip ring so I went all out cheap-as-*** to teach them a lesson about whining.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:44 am

BrotherBob wrote:
    I have lost count of how many players I've encountered with builds created solely to exploit the power of these DLC spells.

I think statements like this are a little unfair. I have an Int/Melee build and and Int/Fth/Dex pure caster build that were 2 out of my first three builds and that I have used for PvP since release. They also happen to be built for dark magic as well, so I shouldn't feel bad using them and experimenting with the new magic simply because my old builds that weren't that competitive are now extremely competitive.

IMO, the best thing about the DLC/patch is that I see MUCH more variety in builds. Does dark magic need to be tweaked? Probably, but not so much that we'd lose the awesome amount of variety,

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:27 pm

aceluby wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    I have lost count of how many players I've encountered with builds created solely to exploit the power of these DLC spells.

I think statements like this are a little unfair. I have an Int/Melee build and and Int/Fth/Dex pure caster build that were 2 out of my first three builds and that I have used for PvP since release. They also happen to be built for dark magic as well, so I shouldn't feel bad using them and experimenting with the new magic simply because my old builds that weren't that competitive are now extremely competitive.

IMO, the best thing about the DLC/patch is that I see MUCH more variety in builds. Does dark magic need to be tweaked? Probably, but not so much that we'd lose the awesome amount of variety,
    There's a slight difference in what we're talking about. I was tired of seeing true glass cannons with ridiculous high intelligence, and ridiculously low vitality and endurance. Builds that actually can stand one BS hit (like those that you described) are actually great IMO. I have a few such builds personally, and I really enjoy them for two reasons. I can deal some good damage via offensive spells and I can stand to take some pretty hard hits because of my ~40 vitality
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Only build that overpowers me in the arena... >,>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:41 pm