Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
WandererReece
Steel Dragon74
XachAttack
TheAshenPhantom
Shindori
StockpileThomas
Knight Alundil
11 posters

Not having any friends who play

Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Not having any friends who play Empty Not having any friends who play

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:03 pm

When I got dark souls I didn't really have many gamer friends at the time, never mind RPG gamer friends. This made my journey through Lordran a totally solo one and I was unaware of the wiki and forums.

This really made for a very good first play through, really felt like it was my journey.

Anyone else play through Dark Souls in any circumstance that effected the game for them?
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Not having any friends who play Empty Re: Not having any friends who play

Post by StockpileThomas Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:12 pm

Same for me. I only played with randoms and I still do. I've never joined any fight clubs or anything like that, either. When Demon's Souls came out, two friends and I hung out at 1-3 and waited for invaders. Back then, we called it fun, now we all call it ganking. We were all in the same room, so it was pretty awesome.

I need someone I can trust to transfer some slabs from one character to another, and it kind of sucks, haha.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Yeah. I didnt know anything about the game mechanics. Was a total noob. Ugggghhhh. So much frustration.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:48 am

When I had recieved my copy I had just finished moving and my best friend who I would meet up with to run through DeS had decided not to get DkS. SO I ended up running around like a chicken with it's head cut off for most of my playthroughs
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:09 am

I pride myself from the fact I beat my first run without any summons at all, ever. I helped alot of people to help get me up to speed, but I always beat the boss in my world first so I knew what I was dealing with.

Super Ornstein, which my friend told me was the harder of the two, gave me sooooooo much trouble lol, I rage quit 2-3 times, but thanks to my damn persistance I finally beat him and proceeded to dance around my house.

When I finally beat Gwyn, I just felt so accomplished.

Dark Souls is definently one of, if not THE, best game I have ever played in my entire life.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 am

I to went totally solo for my first playthrough
    I started as a knight but by the 20th time the first black knight killed me I realised that even though I now understood the game mechanics better the knight REALLY didn't suit my playstyle, so I changed to a theif to try my luck and when I killed that black knight i completly understood the fourth peice of advice the reveiw i'd read gave me "savor your victorys where ever they are found" and I kept feeling that that pure elation for every new enemy that my bandits knife (Which was all I used) killed
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:31 pm

Steel Dragon74 wrote:I to went totally solo for my first playthrough
    I started as a knight but by the 20th time the first black knight killed me I realised that even though I now understood the game mechanics better the knight REALLY didn't suit my playstyle.

I only played Demon's Souls offline. I started as a temple knight. After beating 4 or 5 bosses I decided to get a new character, and chose the theif. I didn't have many problems after that.

Also, my first playthrough in Dark Souls was completely offline. Thankfully I read about computer phantoms that could be summoned. O + S and 4 Kings were a pain.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:04 pm

I did my first play solo, but after that, I play as much coop as I can, with real friends. Makes it more enjoyable for me. Wish Dark souls supported a better coop mechanic.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:07 pm

I got the game midnight release, and back then, its online was broken, so I summoned no one ever (NPCs at times, but humanity was also harder to get, so I wasn't often human). At this time, there was no real wiki because the game was so new.

True story, I shut my game off when I first got invaded. I was so scared that this "Knight Kirk" was going to poop on me. I felt so good when I beat him! And then I was telling my friend, who said it was an NPC...
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 pm

My first invasion was a darkmoon in anor londo, i killed him after like 15 estus and 2 humanity. I have never been more proud in my life big grin
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:19 pm

I had a close friend of mine journeying alongside me all the way until Blighttown. He sadly fell victim to the swamp, so I finally got that lonely feeling in possibly the worst part if the game for a newbie. I managed to push through, however, and I believe that time period made me a better player than I ever was.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:51 pm

My first play-through I pumped a lot of points into resistance before I whent down to blightown, because, you know, poison swamp... :oops:
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 pm

ICEFANG wrote:I got the game midnight release, and back then, its online was broken, so I summoned no one ever (NPCs at times, but humanity was also harder to get, so I wasn't often human). At this time, there was no real wiki because the game was so new.

True story, I shut my game off when I first got invaded. I was so scared that this "Knight Kirk" was going to poop on me. I felt so good when I beat him! And then I was telling my friend, who said it was an NPC...

I would have gotten mine at midnight but my gamestop wasn't having one and they then precceded to jip me out of my collectors edition...sad Those pricks... But yeah The mulitplayer was rough the first few days.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:39 pm

FYI: gyp is a racial slur.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Well he said jip so we're cool.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Most gamestops were not, but I lucked out. Another game was coming out that night too, so I was pretty much alone, but when I was leaving (with that big beautiful collector's ed, not to rub it in, just saying it was that because>) they asked me how much I paid for that big box, and I said it was free, you just had to ask for it, because that is who FROM is.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Sorry if I offended someone, not my intention.

In anycase, when I first played I got that same sens of fear that I had with dark souls. I didn't know what was gonna attack me or when someone would invade. I just wish they had given me the collectors edition that I payed for, as I really wanted to play the OST while checking out the art book.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm