How do you like your PVP??

ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

How do you like your PVP??

Post by ted1023 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:24 pm

Here's what I mean by this question. When I get into PVP, I like a good straight fight, I don't mind GC or maybe even a WOTG. If not spammed. I would prefers not to have them, but I understand I'm not the only person playing and the other player has the right to play how they like. What I can't stand or rather what annoys me to the point of not wanting to fight anymore is the so called tricksters and elitist. Pyro cancelling and magic with there 360 bow firing and reveres dead angling. Trust me I realize that a lot of that takes ability to learn and how to be affective with it. But it annoys me.. I find myself thinking "WTF is he doing ??"

" Com'on just fight already."".lol you swing, I swing, I parry, you parry, rinse and repeat till there is a winner..lol. Now if they are being affective sometimes I get a kcick out of it, but if they are just doing for no reason I feel they are wasting my time and need to die quickly..lol. A lot of the people who do this just jump around and run for the most part which is fine, they normally get the win cause I end up walking off the ledge or walking into there lava or blast just to get it over with. As you can tell I'm not into the whole trick or glitch thing just not my type of fighting. When I do find someone who likes to go toe to toe I usually message them and arrange 1v1 pvp sessings. A lot of times it turns out they feel the same way.lol

P.S remember losing can be fun if you're still enjoying yourself.

So the question is what type of pvper are you?

ted4freestyle (youtube channel just vids of fun pvp)
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Re: How do you like your PVP??

Post by RANT on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:28 pm

i love it when my oopponent just goes pure melee against me, i dont mind people spamming magic or anything else, i just stay really far or hide bbehind objects but when i have a fight agaisnt a guy that only uses his weapon is what i enjoy the most.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

Kolhell

Post by Kolhell on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:39 pm

In the butt, without protection.
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Players with claws usually know they way around a fight and provide a good match.
    Magic is kinda boring to fight against since i need to hide behind objects..

Mellee fights for me please!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:02 pm

straight up, spell spammers are inconsquencial due to my gmb, but i hate the ambushers... yeterday this guy invades in oolacile township and simply hides in the lower area, i wait for 20 minute and finally decide to just summon phantoms and clear the place and him out, turns out he had been waiting on a roof top with rtsr and power within on... he fired one shot that missed by a mile and died before anyone but me saw him... then our party went and squished manus...

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:24 pm

I like a straight up melee fight also I keep a GC/BF on the ready for the odd cast tho...i just find the match alot more fun when its a good melee battle...even magic with melee is fine its the heavy spell spamming that annoys me!

There are a few moves I dead angle but they a few and mixed in well with locked attacks...like a halbert 2H R2 ill roll past unlock and attack....if i ran up and tried the move it would be useless pretty much....one thing that really annoys me with katanas are the unlocked guys that ONLY go for the running R1's!!

Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:46 pm

damnit dark where were you last night? i also dont mind dead angles since i dodge only and almost never blockw hich get me killed sometimes.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:52 pm

lol sorry bro I was on BC2 earlier then got on just after you logged off....I hate being so far behind everyone in the time zones damn it!!

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:29 pm

I prefer a solid melee fight, just because in that instance it seems to really come down to who's the better player versus who got a single CSS to connect.

Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:38 pm

I like high speed melee fights. I'm talking those that end within 10 or 15 seconds. Lots of roll and running attacks. Preferably light weapons like rapiers, katanas, or straightswords. No parries (This is one of my favorite things in PVP, but I find it to make people fight too cautiously at times), so we just attack and dodge.

I've only had a couple of fights like this, but they are my most enjoyable.

lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:54 pm

I like my pvp the way I like my steak....medium well. My opin...peace
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:11 pm

The Letter X wrote:I like high speed melee fights. I'm talking those that end within 10 or 15 seconds. Lots of roll and running attacks. Preferably light weapons like rapiers, katanas, or straightswords. No parries (This is one of my favorite things in PVP, but I find it to make people fight too cautiously at times), so we just attack and dodge.

I've only had a couple of fights like this, but they are my most enjoyable.

What he says winking
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:15 pm

The fights I enjoy the most are the fights that pack action from start to finish and both players use large variety of tactics and moves to bring other player down. These kinds of fights are rare, but when it happens I get the chills and it doesn't matter if I win or lose (if it's a double K.O. it's multiorgasm for me).

EDIT: I also prefer the melee fights the most.

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:33 am

RantFromRant wrote:i love it when my oopponent just goes pure melee against me, i dont mind people spamming magic or anything else, i just stay really far or hide bbehind objects but when i have a fight agaisnt a guy that only uses his weapon is what i enjoy the most.

Couldn't agree more.

SL125 Halberd +15 27/40
    SL125 Lightning Halberd/BKH 32/18
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:48 am

I dislike hornet ring backstabbs more than magic spam, but hey thats just me :')

If you're THAT good, you shouldn't be whining
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:19 am

I prefer melee. BUt, I don't like any strategy that relies on spamming easy moves (WoG, GC, BS fishing, turtle pokers, etc).

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 am