What is the boss fight that you absolutely dread?

Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: What is the boss fight that you absolutely dread?

Post by Rynoa on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:32 am

ChaosMoogle wrote:
    Strudul wrote:
    ChaosMoogle wrote:Oh, and I should add that the Kapra Demon still haunts me. Terrible memories of my very first playthrough when the game first came out, back before I had Xbox Live :pale: That's a psychological thing though, as he actually isn't that bad.

Capra Demon is easy when you find out you can block most of his attacks.

My first plyaythrough was a Thief, with the target shield lol...

OMG MINE TOO! And my first 30+ encounters with the capra demon were awful, I still have nightmares about it! He kicked my b*** in 2 seconds. I think that was the first time I summoned someone and I almost cried for joy when we killed the damn beast!
    So yeah, I usually tend to summon help beforehand now, just to be sure!
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:42 am

LOL, so many horror stories starring Capra. On my first playthrough I was a bandit, so I had a great shield and a great weapon and he didn't kill me at all big grin

As for my most dreaded enemy, I must say that Four Kings on NG+, but I've never used summons for that fight, I like the challenge. The same goes for O. & S. I always kill them on my own.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:37 am

I hate BoC because of the terrible time I seem to have with him, especially when it comes to jumping into the center.

I could also say almost every boss if I am being summoned to help and the other guy completely sucks.

Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:19 am

I had a strange experience with 4 kings in my NG+, after billions of tries with my friend as summon, he had to log out and I decided to try a few more times on my own experimenting with armors and protective spells when suddenly I killed them without even knowing that I was winning big grin

But I guess it was a lucky one, I tried again with the same gear and it didn't go so well - althought it was a good choice -

Anyway, 4 kings is damn difficult for me, and I have problems judging my distance to it/them so I usually hit the air or think I'm in a safe zone...
    NEVER EVER THINK YOU'RE IN A SAFE ZONE sad
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:58 am

4 Kings at NG++ was pretty much hard, 3+ would be interesting to see. Was using Iaito +15 and CMW and first two were down quickly enough but till I reached to 4th they were already respawning...

BoC was really annoying and I never did that quit/reload game after orbs to make it easier.

Regarding PTD, Kalameet tail fun was more then I seek to. Had been killed around 70 times while trying to get a tail. At NG++ failing to bring up shield at certain attacks resulted in being oneshotted. Now I can go for a kill, figured out tacs after so many deaths happy

Manus... tried few times and was owned badly, will have to figure out something or at least to stay alive little longer to see all the moves.

I never used any videos or read tacs to keep the game challenging enough.

SL125 Halberd +15 27/40
    SL125 Lightning Halberd/BKH 32/18
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:20 pm

I hate Seath if I'm a mage; I hate Nito if I'm NOT a cleric; I hate the Kings if there is no easy coop help; I hate the BoC because it's lame.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:29 pm

Four Kings.

I've got every boss down blindfolded but them. I still die at others, but only if I'm being stupid.

The Kings are such a long trek from the bonfire that I have never wanted to make practice runs. Tanking them only works in the first NG and I just can't perfect the rolling. I usually end up leaving them as the last boss I face before Gywnn, so that I am leveled up as much as possible.

GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:43 pm

Pinwheel... I mean the Four Kings.

Honestly, I think the Four Kings are really the only challenging things in this game anymore because I don't think I've ever done any of the bosses in co-op.

Everything else seems easy now at least when doing a regular run. When you restrict yourself with weapons that are harder to use, that's when Dark Souls gets more difficult.

I mean last time I fought the Gaping Dragon I was just like, what are you gonna charge again? Well What is it

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:47 pm

Easily Bed of Chaos , most other bosses are easy with a melee set up. I like being uber , but with Bed that doesnt matter. Either you get the timing right or you dont it has nothing to do with gear or lvl at all. I always dread doing the Bed fight though , if you even call it a fight.

I always see a lot of complaints about Kings, granted I have never fought them on any above NG+ , but I have never found them to be that hard. Go in with high poise and a BKGA or a good GS and it seems pretty basic. Just keep circling them and wack away.

And as for mages hitting Dukes , I know some of you like to be pure mages or whatever. But just boost your STR to 20 and you can use a either Great Lord Greatsword or Obsidian if you have DLC. Both do huge damage without a lot of stat investment.

Lets Trade Stuff

PS ID = DehSean
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:24 pm

Kalameet untill i lerned his patterns. I was just raging so hard.............good memories

http://www.youtube.com/user/infighter771
    dmd

Post by dmd on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:35 pm

Four Kings is terrifying, that cheap cheap bastard! I've spent a long time away from the game due to a hard time finding a co op helper and having my *** kicked by this donkey lover f#@%tard...
    kramage
    Casual
    Casual

Post by kramage on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:19 pm

I love 4 kings. That boss theme is boss and they're easy solo if you're a mage but a little tougher if your melee but still managable. Also co-op increase their health so you're actually making it harder. The boss I hate the most is Smoreo (o&s). I can never solo them as a mage.

Casual
    Casual

Post by Cris the lighthearted on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 am

Four Kings wasn't a problem for me my first time strangely enough. BoC though... damn it. Course ornstien&smough would be my first. "dread fight"
    Solo on Manus right now... horrifying.

Princess Guard/Star Harmonia
    "Wanderer of the Divine Light"
    PSN: FinalSlash
    Zechk

Post by Zechk on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:32 am

I'm going with the Bed. Ugh how I hate having to do that one. It's not even a proper fight, it's just boring and annoying.

oisean11

Post by oisean11 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:14 am

Cris the lighthearted wrote:Four Kings wasn't a problem for me my first time strangely enough. BoC though... damn it. Course ornstien&smough would be my first. "dread fight"
    Solo on Manus right now... horrifying.

I always dread that frontal dark wave spam that comes out in 2 seconds or his 6 hit combo...
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:58 am

Heroez Blade wrote:Nito isnt really hard, but getting to him is really annoying and that stupid fall into his arena almost kills you. I hate how they did that.

I think the fall damage may be a glitch. Every other boss (except stray demon) has a cut scene that saves you from the fall, but Nito's cut scene is the only one that dosen't save you.

Also, Nito is easy if you or someone else has fire storms and fire tempests.

Regular

Post by xtal84 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:40 pm

I would normally say Bed of Chaos, but once you know what to do it's usually two deaths at most before you get the jump/roll right. Plus, if you have two friends available for help they can always take out the two side bits and let you hang back until the middle can be approached.

Lately though I don't like fighting the Four Kings. Most of the boss fights I like to savour, but this one is just stressful. If you know there would only ever actually be 4 of them rather than a universal HP bar and infinitely spawning new kings I wouldn't mind the stress, but it's always a fight I just want to be over with. 4 Kings also had the potential to be one of the better fights to bring summons to, but it often doesn't work out that way.

For lore reasons I also have trouble taking on Priscilla and Sif. I appreciate that the former is optional. Sif though...that's just damn sad, and the DLC has only made it worse!

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:57 am

xtal84 wrote:Lately though I don't like fighting the Four Kings. Most of the boss fights I like to savour, but this one is just stressful. If you know there would only ever actually be 4 of them rather than a universal HP bar and infinitely spawning new kings I wouldn't mind the stress, but it's always a fight I just want to be over with. 4 Kings also had the potential to be one of the better fights to bring summons to, but it often doesn't work out that way.

I love the 4 kings. It's so unique. It's easy for me if I have summons. I stay back and throw lightning spears while my phantoms take them head on. I'll also heal them if necessary.

My most dreaded boss would be O + S or 4 kings offline.

Addicted

Post by argotthar on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:02 am

WandererReece wrote:I love the 4 kings. It's so unique. It's easy for me if I have summons. I stay back and throw lightning spears while my phantoms take them head on. I'll also heal them if necessary.

Hmmm, when I think about it I actually never had help there, not up to NG++. In case I go for +++ I could use some help since last time I almost died as they respawned.

SL125 Halberd +15 27/40
    SL125 Lightning Halberd/BKH 32/18
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:21 pm

The only other Boss I dread besides 4 kings is the Santuary Guardian simply because my ps3 slows down when he launch his first lightning attack. I can never dodge it because the system doesn't get the reponse in time. Otherwise I would enjoy the fight with the Guardian.

PSN: GunGravePhantom

SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Does the fire wyvern count as a boss?? Its my personal payne!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:28 am