ATT 16
    END 40
    STR 48
    DEX 18
    RES 11
    INT 14
    FAI 14

SL 117

I'm trying to do some pvp at the Kiln but I'm getting owned by fast/invisible guys

Was using a BKGA +5, Eagle Shield +14, Pyromancy Flame +5, Mask of the Child and the rest maxed giant armor.

Rings: Havel and Steel Protection/Wolf

I'm getting backstabbed often... What weapon/shield/rings would you recommend? Got a Lightning Zwei +5, BKGS, Dragon Greatsword, DKGA +2, Dragon Tooth, crest shield+4, etc

I see lots of ppl not using a shield...Really dont know what to use... really dont know what equipment to use including rings too...

I can do well against mid/heavy foes but agains fast and magic users not

Regular
    Regular

Re: Tank PVP Build

Post by lucanious on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:49 am

there is no reason to have your strength that high for the weapons you have. you should not train strength or dex above 40 because the returns are pitiful. just a thought
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:04 am

Get used to it - people love to bs tanks because they are so slow and it takes so damn long to chip away at their health. They are also very preditable. You must be particulary slow if you're getting hit by magic and as you're not even flipping around using the DWGR like every other tank build. Up your health a bit, maybe use the Ring of Favour and protection for more health/load, mix the armour up a bit to make yourself lighter so you can move faster. Consider a weapon less predicable than the BKGA, maybe something like a Great Scythe which has a good swinging arc to hit people trying to nip behind you. Try dual-wielding another weapon rather than hiding behind a shield all the time. Watch out for the signs of bs'er and act accordingly. Anyone circling you constantly is dead giveaway.

Regular
    Regular

Post by lucanious on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:06 am

thats good toast. listen to this guy^^^
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:53 pm

I raised str that high because I'm aiming to use the DKGA and Dragon GS

DWGR? I've no idea what weapon this is m8

Thanks for the tips, I think I'll get another Ring of Favor and Protection as I already broke one...

Casual
    Casual

Post by Dellusions on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Hylian wrote:I raised str that high because I'm aiming to use the DKGA and Dragon GS

DWGR? I've no idea what weapon this is m8

Thanks for the tips, I think I'll get another Ring of Favor and Protection as I already broke one...

DWGR = Darkwood Grain Ring.

The idea is to equip that, and get under 50% Equip burden, then you can do those fast moves everyone else does. While it isn't something you NEED to do in PVP, I strongly recommend you start out with it. Once you are able to take out others well, you can experiment with other builds and ways of doing things. If you're fighting against the right people, you'll quickly find that their fast movement isn't the only thing winning them the match once you match their movement speed.

Always keep thinking about what counters what, always keep moving, and always switch up your tactics in the middle of a fight.
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:55 pm

If you're a tank, you should pump vitality some more. Here is a tip: some people may try to outreach you with a spear (like the Demon Spear) when they see you use a Heavy/Slow Weapon. The best way to fight these guys from your position is to either: Change to a Greatsword (not a ultragreatsword), or with your current weapon, try to lure an attack, dodge and try a dodge-attack while they are in attack animation, this hard because spear are fast. You can always equip a fast weapon like a Straight Sword or a Katana (like Uchigatana) but I don't think that's what you want.

Also with that att you should use Pyromancy when you see your melee weapon doesn't performs too well against your current opponent.

Also you have just enough faith to cast Magic Barrier, so you should try it against magic users. It's not as strong as Great Magic Barrier but it works well too.

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

Post by lucanious on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:29 pm

anything over 40 strength us a waste dude

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:46 pm