Dragon Bro - Man, it is awesome!

Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Dragon Bro - Man, it is awesome!

Post by Hylian on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:04 am

If the rank remains then I assume the scales too? Or will I have to give it 80 scales to get to rank 3?

Btw I'm in rank 2 now

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:44 am

You don't have to give him 80 scales, only the 50 you would have to give him anyway.
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:55 am

ah that's what I wanted to know silly thanks man

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:38 pm

i almost always run through ash lake to get the dragon head stone as the very first thing i do when i start a new play through. it's super helpful for farming ghosts while i look for either of the two ghost blades (they are awesome for a level 1 toon). but once i made it to the burg i decided to drop my dragon eye for giggles as i made my way to the capra so i could farm eyes of death. at level 18, i was surprised that i started getting summoned almost immediately and frequently. so here i am in the burg dueling for scales with other low level pvpers. in 45 minutes i'm just over half way to earning my dragon torso stone.

i was going to make a gravelord build, but now i think i will stick with the path of the dragon for this play though. i've been enjoying the duels and most every summoner has been "honorable" using bows both before and after the match and no rage messaging when they loose or gloating when they win. it's been my best pvp experience thus far.

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Spurgun wrote:You don't have to give him 80 scales, only the 50 you would have to give him anyway.

why stop at 50 scales? its 30 for the torso stone and 80 for rank 3 which improves dragon breath and roar no?

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:43 pm

You need 80 to get to rank 3 from rank 0. He was already at rank 2 (you need 30 to get to rank 2) so 50 more scales and he would be at rank 3.
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:03 pm

Spurgun wrote:You need 80 to get to rank 3 from rank 0. He was already at rank 2 (you need 30 to get to rank 2) so 50 more scales and he would be at rank 3.

Comparing other covenant rank ups, the Path of the Dragon takes like forever T^T

My early experience before the DLC and even in the PC (once in the PS3 I have not yet finished the content) is:
    1) you drop the sign:
    1.a- are you in the forest?
    -> if so, you got ganked, no scales;
    1.b- are you in the kiln or burg?
    -> ok, you can go to 2;
    2) you bow:
    2.a- are you in the Kiln?
    -> if so, guy cast HCS, runs agains you and swings with MLGS, no scales;
    -> or even, cast CSS, no scales;
    -> but other guy may bow too, you have a nice fight, hope you get your scale;
    2.b- are you in the Burg?
    -> other guy bow, you have a nice fight too, hope you get your scale;

To me, and I think I just got a shallow experience as a dragon bro, the best place for nice fights is the Burg.

What you think, Elder Dragons, specially you, Stonescale Spurgun? :3

> please recommend this Message!
    characters:
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Sometimes it's best to just go farm in the Valley...

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Hylian wrote:Sometimes it's best to just go farm in the Valley...

I have no problem with the drakes, but... Aw, something in the farm routine makes me feel... hmm... bored, meh, wasting time, and so on...

Their screams while they "breath" lightening is annoying xD

So far, the best thing I could do is make a friend and, if they agree, have a good time fighting always the same guy, then trading the Scales for Humanity (the Item, which is better for them, once against Wraiths they cant use it for healing). But it's hard to find someone, at least on the GFWL. I'm on the four lords with my char, soon I will find it on the PSN. Hope someone can help... silly

characters:
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Drop the Gravelord Sword and Clay, add the Murakumo. You might also want to try Wolf Ring.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Drop the Gravelord Sword and Clay, add the Murakumo. You might also want to try Wolf Ring.

Yep, exactly what I did. It's the first build on my signature. Thanks anyway bro, the Mura swings are amazing! They really don't need a complement, so I put a whip just for most funny situations and parry spammers. Despite the changes, sometimes I will fight with dual wield Gravelords, just for the lulz, its proper bow is amazing :O

characters:

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:24 pm

felclef wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:You need 80 to get to rank 3 from rank 0. He was already at rank 2 (you need 30 to get to rank 2) so 50 more scales and he would be at rank 3.

Comparing other covenant rank ups, the Path of the Dragon takes like forever T^T

My early experience before the DLC and even in the PC (once in the PS3 I have not yet finished the content) is:
    1) you drop the sign:
    1.a- are you in the forest?
    -> if so, you got ganked, no scales;
    1.b- are you in the kiln or burg?
    -> ok, you can go to 2;
    2) you bow:
    2.a- are you in the Kiln?
    -> if so, guy cast HCS, runs agains you and swings with MLGS, no scales;
    -> or even, cast CSS, no scales;
    -> but other guy may bow too, you have a nice fight, hope you get your scale;
    2.b- are you in the Burg?
    -> other guy bow, you have a nice fight too, hope you get your scale;

To me, and I think I just got a shallow experience as a dragon bro, the best place for nice fights is the Burg.

What you think, Elder Dragons, specially you, Stonescale Spurgun? :3

I got the most action in the burg while i was still fighting for scales.
    But i'll probably be dueling my friends all the time when i want scales for a new build. You get to PvP, you're never interrupted and you get scales even if you lose (assuming that your friend doesn't need them as well. So try to set up some matches with the dragon eye.

Hylian wrote:Sometimes it's best to just go farm in the Valley...

That takes forever though sad It can take 4 hours just to farm 10-20 scales. And it's boring as ****

Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:37 pm

that's true... I rarely go down there anymore

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Nybbles wrote:i almost always run through ash lake to get the dragon head stone as the very first thing i do when i start a new play through. it's super helpful for farming ghosts while i look for either of the two ghost blades (they are awesome for a level 1 toon). but once i made it to the burg i decided to drop my dragon eye for giggles as i made my way to the capra so i could farm eyes of death. at level 18, i was surprised that i started getting summoned almost immediately and frequently. so here i am in the burg dueling for scales with other low level pvpers. in 45 minutes i'm just over half way to earning my dragon torso stone.

i was going to make a gravelord build, but now i think i will stick with the path of the dragon for this play though. i've been enjoying the duels and most every summoner has been "honorable" using bows both before and after the match and no rage messaging when they loose or gloating when they win. it's been my best pvp experience thus far.

The dragon body's abilities are very overpowered early game, if you have the master key and go to ash lake immediately. You can oneshot most mobs with the breath silly

I've never tried placing the sign at a low level, most of my under 55 sl PvP consists of me punishing griefers (AKA hosting). Maybe i should try that sometime. Most hosts who summon dragons are very honorable, i don't know why though.

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:27 pm

FROM should patch the dragon eye stone so that you can summon a dragon for a duel while you're hollow. i don't think you can summon a dragon for pvp if you've already summoned another phantom for co-op or if you've been invaded. so in effect, it wouldn't change anything except that host wouldn't have to risk their humanity when summoning a dragon … i bet more people would join the covenant and summon dragons if this were the case.
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Nybbles wrote:FROM should patch the dragon eye stone so that you can summon a dragon for a duel while you're hollow. i don't think you can summon a dragon for pvp if you've already summoned another phantom for co-op or if you've been invaded. so in effect, it wouldn't change anything except that host wouldn't have to risk their humanity when summoning a dragon … i bet more people would join the covenant and summon dragons if this were the case.

Or the death by "a dragon's hand" could trigger the same effect of ring of sacrifice.

"YOU DIED IN A HONORABLE BATTLE" and then at BF "REVIVED WITH DRAGON'S HONOR", then the player appears in human form, with no penalties silly

hehehe something like this, guys would love the message of dying with honor.

characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:49 pm