Dragon Bro - Man, it is awesome!

felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dragon Bro - Man, it is awesome!

Post by felclef on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:36 pm

Well, I was as a PVP'er, I always went as DWs, although I always mailed my hosts if they were up to PVP or fighting the area boss. Such a nice guy, you'd say, no? happy

Whatever, but then, I got tired in one more character: you reach 99 humanities and then the fights becomes... Hmmm... Empty.

Then, Darkmoon's. But, at least on the PC (where things are kinda new, empty, cold) there are few sinners or Dark Londo dudes.

Well, I tried Forest, but farmers. And finally, Dragon Bros.

It's difficult to have duels, but when I got the rank 2/3 and my transformation, maaaan, no armor fights!!!

I found it amazing, because you are in the edge, you and your death are close as hell! You force yourself to always chill and take the right steps or you are dead!

Well, my char is a Str build and wasn't meant to be a Dragon Bro. I made a new build on the planer and want your thoughts about it:

http://tinyurl.com/9tvf9uz

The description thing is not working, so what I would say is:

Spoiler:
    This guy is a Dragon Bro, so he plays naked. The point here is to have a counter for many of the situations, being aggressive and using dodge wisely.
    - Claymore and L.Handed GLGS makes a near perfect counter to backstabbers (watch the hi poise ones, though) while delivering almost always surprising combos and dead angles;
    - Dragon Roar can break guards and a open guard plus your dragon bonus will deliver insane damage on Combustion or Clay swings with both Dex and Str 40;
    - The DSpear have an imba reach and have Str/Dex C/C scale, thus being a beast and mostly neglected as a big output weapon;
    - when you get hit, it will be hard, the RTs ring will deliver an awesome punishment. Because of your enemy rush, in most cases it leads to a mindlessly attack rush, which gives you the chance for Dragon Roar + RTsR finish in few pokes of the DSpear;
    - Remember that Clay must be used with wisdom cuz of parries: combustion and black flame, plus a GLGS swings will make you unpredictable;
    - Roll, roll, roll, know your enemy, deceive your enemy with the spear for a while, make'em mad, then use your swords to fight wisely, remembering you have no poise!
    - Use breath when guys roll away just to make'more confuse, they will try to run through the flames, so dodge and attack with spear or 2H clays poke;
    - Be aware of Poison Arrows: 1 hit = poison;
    - You can replace clay for another GLGS for most amazing proper bow ever! Also a Obsidian Sword, cuz it is a Dragon Sword, bro!
    - Chill and make friends, no foes: hate mails need to be replied with love and compassion, always offer help to your foes if they don't know how to counter 2H Spearmen;
    - Tell me what you think in the Forums happy

What you think, guys? :B

TL;DR > A Dragon Bro build for maximum Claymore, Gravelord Sword and Demon's Spear damage, fast roll and agile counter attacks with the Roar.

> please recommend this Message!
    characters:
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Re: Dragon Bro - Man, it is awesome!

Post by Carphil on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Path of the draogn is my main covenant, I used to play a lot with my dragon toon, depending on the areas, you really don't have to wait that much.

Kiln - 5 minutes maximum at soul level 120

I was having a good time, but then they showed up with the Dragon bow backstab and infinite dragon roar glitchs, both completely ruined my dragon PVP after that.

With this new patch, I'm seriously thinking about coming back.

Good to know you enjoyed the dragons. In theory, you sacrifice defense and poise for damage, mobility, and overall timing, which really helps about getting PVP experience.

My old build: http://tinyurl.com/9u83haw

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:47 pm

@Carphil yeah, man! The first steps are hard... Being invaded or even being summoned by the first times is like the first contact with the game itself: you want to cry for your lost poise, you want to give up on backstabbers, you want to burn down your house because someone made you bleed from a Uchi or Gold Tracer. But if you don't give up, you get better and better! <3

characters:

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Spoiler:

I'm so tempted to give you a +1 just because of that title.

You seem to already know how to use the dragon body as well big grin
    I have a few things to add though. I use the wolf ring for most of the fight, but when my health gets low i hotswap it to RTS. That way i can have poise (and a decent advantage over most dex weapons) for most of the fight, and when the RTS goes off....well, they'll be dead very quickly if you play it right.
    Always carry moss in your item menu, that way you wont have to worry about poison/toxic that much.
    Don't use the breath at all. IMO it's the most useless dragon ability. It does next to no damage, and you can't see anything they could be charging a CSS and you wouldn't notice.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:52 pm

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Both those links lead to a empty mugen.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:54 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2431115963158663
    different starting class but this is the best dragon build i can do with the weapons you listed, though i did replace the gravelord sword with the server (more damage and 7 hp rec per hit but no toxic.)

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:56 pm

@Spurgun wow, dude, I do many fast switches, but I never thought about the ring switch >_< lol

Well, and the stats spreading? What you guys think about the Str and Dex uncommon usage?

This will be my PS3 new char for the SL100 tier, once my other PS3 chars are all 120ish (now aiming for 200).

Ah! And if the build's link isn't working:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=cHlyb21hbmNlciwyNiwxMiwzNSw0MCw0MCwxMiwxMCw4LDAsMCwwLDAsMCwxMiwzMSwxMTQsODcsNTEsMjQsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLDEsMzAsNzEsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCw4LHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbiwx

winking

characters:

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:56 pm

@Sparkly. He was using the GLS in his left hand, since it swings faster there. that's probably why he didn't use the server.
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:02 pm

@sparkly-twinkly-lizard I saw many guys using the Muramoko on arenas... Is there any reason? I'm not acquaintance to Dex weapons, worst when we are talking about the G.Curved ones silly

@Sparkly. He was using the GLS in his left hand, since it swings faster there. that's probably why he didn't use the server.
    > And yes, the left-handed sword is for fast swings, which I found very complementary to greatswords 360 R1 swing =D

characters:

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:05 pm

felclef wrote:@sparkly-twinkly-lizard I saw many guys using the Muramoko on arenas... Is there any reason? I'm not acquaintance to Dex weapons, worst when we are talking about the G.Curved ones silly

> And yes, the left-handed sword is for fast swings, which I found very complementary to greatswords 360 R1 swing =D

The mura is the longest and the strongest GC sword. That's all there is to it.
    It's downside is that you need 28 str to 1h it. That's a lot for a dex weapon. Your build could probably use it though, you could consider changing you clay to a mura.
    But, if you did that then it would be better to lower you str to 28. it would free up some points, that you wont have any use for (mura barely scales with str, and you're probably 2h your spear).
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:11 pm

@Spurgun
    >and you're probably 2h your spear
    Makes sense. Makes a lot of sense. And even clay damage drawback, if I decide to used now and then, will not be so bad for some free points which can make me more competitive...

The problem is: Muramoko is heavy as hell D:

If I'd drop points from Str, it would surely goes to Vit. Mura demands... what... about 45 End in this setup? Not sure, I will test it naw!

characters:

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:18 pm

Damn, i didn't think of much it weighs. You could also try out the G. halberd. It will hit like a truck with those stats. It weighs as much as th clay. It's almost as long as a spear (great for keeping your distance, something you'll want to do as a dragon). And you can sometimes get a hit in if you stun them with your roar. And it's r2 is great for punishing BS fishers.

If you do go with a 40/40 build, then you should try out different weapons. You'll be able to use almost all the weapons in the game. No need to stick to just one or two.
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:39 pm

@Spurgun the best thing I could think to use Mura:

http://tinyurl.com/8apat3o

What you guys think about not using the FaP Ring?

inb4, I'm kinda addicted to the FaP ring's inba bonuses... Srsly, for PVP HP, Sta and Load are so good that for a ring slot I can hardly think of something better... The changes I made for Mura makes me think that using anything else, just to keep the FaP, would be good :B

characters:

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:53 pm

What if you change the GLS for a curved sword? They weigh a lot less, and have a parry. But their damage is a little less.
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:58 pm

@Spurgun I'm thinking about that right know... But the Left-handed sword is more because of the hitbox than anything, right know I can't test the "arc" the curved swords does, compared to great curved ones...

btw, the playstyle can change a lot because of the Mura usage, idk if a backup swing is needed anymore... I need further research/test now :B

characters:
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:12 pm

I wouldn't use a Mura on a 0 poise build... it's kinda slow, but could work in some occasions idk

Maybe a Great Scythe? The running R1 and normal R2 are awesome attacks.

I'd use a shield too... could save your life sometimes, but thats me silly

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:27 pm

Hylian wrote:I wouldn't use a Mura on a 0 poise build...

Maybe a Great Scythe? The running R1 and normal R2 are awesome attacks.

I'd use a shield too... could save your life sometimes, but thats me silly

Yeah, you are right bro... But this char idea is not to be ubber competitive, it's to make some out-of-the-box duels and put me at the edge of difficult dealing with general PVP.

Before the patch, early in the 2011, I think, I used to play a Fai build and nowadays I personally think it's kinda cheap hehehe... But this is just my opinion nowadays and it's not the thread subject winking

I already started the char, the final thing will be something like this: http://tinyurl.com/ckfzkj5

Theoretically, the build will suit the main idea and will be dependent of most my abilities (the ones I have and the ones I never had lol). E.g., fast switching weapons, shield and even the ring; dodges and dragon roar mastering; changes of the battle rhythm using 2h Str weapons or straight swords with C/C scaling.

Well, I don't think it could be the most competitive thing around, but man, it would be a mind blow if someone comes to me expecting a easy beat down just because I have a Claymore on the right hand and a Grave Lord Sword on the left! hehehe

Guys, thank to you all!

characters:
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:30 pm

@Hylian AH! And about the Great Scythe: imho is one of the most (if not THE MOST) badass looking weapon.

I NEED to use it with the gold-hemmed pyro set!!!!! ;O soooo cool (and your avatar doesn't let me go wrong on that!).

characters:
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:50 am

I take back what I said about the Mura... it's a GREAT weapon.

I had some duels today while in dragon form, got some dragon scales, but had a hard time fighting mages, I think they are our worst enemy, because if you get hit by 1 or 2 of those black balls you're pretty much dead.

The Crest Shield doesn't help much defend those combos, either you roll or use the Silver Pendant (which I completely forgot its existence today).

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:02 am

Hylian wrote:I take back what I said about the Mura... it's a GREAT weapon.

I had some duels today while in dragon form, got some dragon scales, but had a hard time fighting mages, I think they are our worst enemy, because if you get hit by 1 or 2 of those black balls you're pretty much dead.

The Crest Shield doesn't help much defend those combos, either you roll or use the Silver Pendant (which I completely forgot its existence today).

While I was playing the PC version with my Str dragon, I just felt farmed when some guys summoned me and they already have the pursuer up, then start to spam beads...

I tried so hard to figure out if they were having any joy, but to me it's just... meh.

But some times, when there was no lag, I was able to roll through it and either run or BS. The most funny thing was a sorc which tried to abuse/spam dark magic and I dodged him till he went empty! Then, when the char made the animation of cast failing twice, I switched to BKGA and had my scale! lol

characters:
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:32 am

felclef wrote:
    Hylian wrote:I take back what I said about the Mura... it's a GREAT weapon.

But some times, when there was no lag, I was able to roll through it and either run or BS. The most funny thing was a sorc which tried to abuse/spam dark magic and I dodged him till he went empty! Then, when the char made the animation of cast failing twice, I switched to BKGA and had my scale! lol

They suck, they have nothing to offer besides sorceries or backstabs.

What I did to some noob mage was, when he started casting, I hit him with the avelyn, then again, lol, then something hit me and I diead instantly.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:42 pm

then something hit me and I diead instantly.

Pursulag, Lag Beads, Invisible Homing Lagmass: the secret spells we have do deal with sad

characters:
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Guys, when I go to NG+, do the Stone Dragon keep the scales I gave him or do they vanish?

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:10 pm

Your rank in the dragon covenant does not change when you go to NG+(+,+,+ and so on).
    It does change if you leave the cov though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:23 am