Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
skarekrow13
aceluby
ErrJon6661
User
deadagain
IceIfrit666
10 posters

Invisible glitch?

IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Invisible glitch? Empty Invisible glitch?

Post by IceIfrit666 Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Supposedly in the forest there is a glitch that makes invaders invisible if they go down the ladder that leads to the Hydra.
    I don't know any specifics besides what I said really.
    I'm just saying this as a warning or as something for you guys to look into so FROM can fix this, if it's true.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Invisible glitch? Empty Re: Invisible glitch?

Post by deadagain Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:44 pm

This happend to me last night. I killed hydra and went to kill gold golem but it was not there so i tried to change area to see if it would appear. Climbed ladder to forrest and as soon as i got back down the ladder the hydra side of bridge was blocked by a fog gate :x so i waited there for about 5 min with my bow fixed at the the ladder to the forrest. I know u cant see the ladder from there but i thought i would see the invader come around the stone bridge support. When i put the bow down i saw the invader at the end of the bridge i was on and it looked like they were wearing the fog ring. I did not see them come around the stone or walk down the path to the bridge. I then rolled all the way across the bridge and kicked them of the ledge cheers . If i hadnt seen this post i would have thought i some how missed them getting to the bridge but it is a glitch i guess.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:45 pm

No. Fog Ring and Hidden Body.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:48 pm

I've tried stacking the two out of curiosity. It doesn't work.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:49 pm

People have said that the Fog Ring and Hidden Body stack somewhere in this forum. This has already been discussed before. Or it is Fog Ring and some other thing that is combined. Either way, it is not a glitch, it is the usage of two components
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:People have said that the Fog Ring and Hidden Body stack somewhere in this forum. This has already been discussed before. Or it is Fog Ring and some other thing that is combined. Either way, it is not a glitch, it is the usage of two components

Pretty sure it wasn't that, the guy had no sorceries and he turned invisible on the ladder.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:No. Fog Ring and Hidden Body.

No. It's a glitch. I had someone message me asking how I was invisible after an invasion and used neither of these.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:People have said that the Fog Ring and Hidden Body stack somewhere in this forum. This has already been discussed before. Or it is Fog Ring and some other thing that is combined. Either way, it is not a glitch, it is the usage of two components

This is incorrect. There is a known invisibility glitch that occurs during some invasions. I've been on both sides of this.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Well, I thought it was clarified as such from this forum or before. I just said what I saw before

Shrug
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:27 pm

I saw this last night. I was helping a guy in the forest for 2v1 situations and saw a second invader come in so I went searching. He beat the first invader and starts searching a different area. I saw the host taking damage out of nowhere and went over to patrol the fight and step in if a second invader came in. The host was backstepping with his shield up and acted confused. The damage shoved him back and changed it's point of attack (circling him) and I never saw any kind of attack/person/magic.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Oh boy. I knew about this glitch generally, but I didn't know that it could be reproduced by using the stairs to the hydra. I love the forest! It would suck if people started using this glitch to ruin forest combat. 😢
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:38 pm

i had a few issues like this.

1) I was cooping with a guy just before the gargoyles. we are about to pass through the gate but the host stops and goes back down the ladder. i stayed up because i figured he just went to get something he missed. i hear him swinging at the bottom of the ladder and see he's fighting...no one. i was watching for a bit and notice there was a ghost in the area. after staring hard i noticed he was actually fighting the ghost! no invasion sign or anything like that came up on my end. i didnt see anyone. not like he was wearing ring of fog or anything like that but the ghosts you see as in other players in the same server. very weird.

2) another time i was about to do capra demon. the invasion sign came up. i was at the fog watiing, looking straight ahead. saw nothing. until he was right up in front of me and killed me 1 hit.

I attribute both of these to lag. but the first one was really weird. anyone have something like that happen?
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:44 pm

PPG-3- wrote:i had a few issues like this.

1) I was cooping with a guy just before the gargoyles. we are about to pass through the gate but the host stops and goes back down the ladder. i stayed up because i figured he just went to get something he missed. i hear him swinging at the bottom of the ladder and see he's fighting...no one. i was watching for a bit and notice there was a ghost in the area. after staring hard i noticed he was actually fighting the ghost! no invasion sign or anything like that came up on my end. i didnt see anyone. not like he was wearing ring of fog or anything like that but the ghosts you see as in other players in the same server. very weird.

2) another time i was about to do capra demon. the invasion sign came up. i was at the fog watiing, looking straight ahead. saw nothing. until he was right up in front of me and killed me 1 hit.

I attribute both of these to lag. but the first one was really weird. anyone have something like that happen?

The host in your world could have been fighting Lautrec. Since he's an NPC, phantoms are unable to harm him.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:52 pm

wow. that really didnt occur to me at all.

but wouldnt have I been able to make out his weapons? i do recall the guy swinging what was likely a claymore. but really good point. i guess i didn't think of it because of the weapon i saw being used and the location too. it was very far away from where lautrec was.

and who gets beat by lautrec!? seriously!
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:03 pm

PPG-3- wrote:wow. that really didnt occur to me at all.

but wouldnt have I been able to make out his weapons? i do recall the guy swinging what was likely a claymore. but really good point. i guess i didn't think of it because of the weapon i saw being used and the location too. it was very far away from where lautrec was.

and who gets beat by lautrec!? seriously!

Hey, dont make fun of Lautrec. He can parry anything and the shotel's ability to bypass shields can be extremely confusing. The first time I fought him, I was like, "What the feck? Shield, why you no work!" Also, he's got >2000 health, so killing him can actually be quite challenging.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:22 pm

i think its the stacked effect of hidden body spell (or at least i think this is the name) and ring of fog

yes they stack i thought they fixed it on 1.05 patch
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:i think its the stacked effect of hidden body spell (or at least i think this is the name) and ring of fog

Ya, I didn't talk out of my ***
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:45 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:i think its the stacked effect of hidden body spell (or at least i think this is the name) and ring of fog

It 'can' be, but that's not what he described. Like I said before, there is a known glitch where an invader goes completely invisible. I got a message asking me how I did it when I invaded and didn't cast any of these spells or rof. I also had someone invade me that was completely invisible except for the aura when you eat grass.

Also, you need hidden body, rof, and hidden weapon to be completely invisible.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:07 am