Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
fujiphoenix
vatar5
OrnsteinFanBoy
Automancer
Alara78
PlasticandRage
BrotherBob
ChizFreak
12 posters

Pursuers: best strategy, make them "fire" one by one

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Pursuers: best strategy, make them "fire" one by one Empty Pursuers: best strategy, make them "fire" one by one

Post by ChizFreak Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:28 pm

It's awesome, and it makes very hard to dodge them.

Just:

1. Fire one
    2. Get close, fire another,
    3. Cast Dark Bead, while the rest fires.
    4. Win.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Pursuers: best strategy, make them "fire" one by one Empty Re: Pursuers: best strategy, make them "fire" one by one

Post by BrotherBob Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:27 am

Interesting, but some players don't rely on dodging to avoid getting killed by Dark Magic. Some use GMB, for example, if they have the faith. I personally put up a Stone Greatshield and take the hits head on because I find it pretty funny when glass cannons run out of casts and don't know what to do.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Pursuers: best strategy, make them "fire" one by one Empty Re: Pursuers: best strategy, make them "fire" one by one

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:18 am

A lot of players aren't as prepared as that though, and I've been finding the sheer power of dark magic with high Int to rip through almost anything. I haven't ran into a GMB user yet, but last night I 1HKO'd a guy in full Havel's right through his crest shield with a dark bead. It was actually kinda funny. He backed me into a corner then just dropped dead
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:09 am

My strategy is:

Cast Pursuers and wait for them to engage. Then I cast Crystal Soul Spear in the hopes that the host uses the silver pendant. And if that doesn't finish him off I have my Dark Beads to rely on for the kill.

When they use GMB, I just back of until it wears off.

At 50 Int with TCC the Drak Beads, when they all hit, hit for about 1500-1800HP happy
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:24 am

My Stone Greatshield makes those Dark Magic abusers piss their pants once they run out of casts. twisted
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:04 am

I love my faith build against these dark magic spammers. I cast GMB, they cast pursuers, spam dark bead and I can see in their eyes them thinking "I'm pressing R1 but I didn't win yet....WTF!??" lol!
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 am

OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:I love my faith build against these dark magic spammers. I cast GMB, they cast pursuers, spam dark bead and I can see in their eyes them thinking "I'm pressing R1 but I didn't win yet....WTF!??" lol!

Dark magic builds are just more meat for the DMB Faith Build twisted
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:51 pm

How do you only fire one at a time?
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:04 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:How do you only fire one at a time?

If it works the same as HCSM then it's just carefully judging the distance between you and your opponent. Each orb(for lack of a better word) fires on slightly different distances to your opponent so you can edge forward and activate them seperately (pretty sure they fire in pairs, not totally sure)
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Automancer wrote:My Stone Greatshield makes those Dark Magic abusers piss their pants once they run out of casts. twisted
    An awesome strategy for those of us without high faith. Try it against a WotG spammer for hilarious results!
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:43 pm

OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:

If it works the same as HCSM then it's just carefully judging the distance between you and your opponent. Each orb(for lack of a better word) fires on slightly different distances to your opponent so you can edge forward and activate them seperately (pretty sure they fire in pairs, not totally sure)

IT'S SORTA HARD WHEN THE GUY IS RUNNING LIKE A MANIAC AT YOU.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:
    OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:

Nah it's still easy. The easiest way to do it is to run in the place in circles, causing the orbs to "stack", keep doing it until he gets close. Then they will fire one by one. You have to do it fast.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:08 pm

I was having fun with my ninja build that uses fog ring at the arena...wasn't having fun too long when first pursuer-spammer showed up and I realised pursuers are even more op against fog ring.
    It only makes pursuers only to activate when I'm so close that they hit me instantly ( usually because of the lag I can't even see them when they hit me ).
    There goes my fog ring for the arena sad
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:29 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Jester's Tears wrote:
    OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:

Nah it's still easy. The easiest way to do it is to run in the place in circles, causing the orbs to "stack", keep doing it until he gets close. Then they will fire one by one. You have to do it fast.

that actually sounds really effective. I find that if I have pursuers up they generally don't just run at me either. I know every fight is a little different, but it seems to me like it puts most people on the defensive, probably because at close range, if they all hit at once, people know they're pretty much done. I'm going to have to try this.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:56 pm

I'd have to see this to understand what you're describing. I've gone up agains a lot of Pursuer spammers, and as long as I'm under 25%, I just roll in the opposite direction. They fizzle out after about 3 rolls. Ninjas and faith builds seem to have the Pursuer's number, but tanks would be screwed, IMO.

I fired up VoS on one caster and got a chuckle when he kept trying the cast, which didn't work.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:59 pm

I get no satisfaction at all from using sorcery. I raised my main guy's int to 50 a while back, and I used sorcery on invaders a few times, but it feels cheap compared to melee, so I pretty much ignore it.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:I'd have to see this to understand what you're describing. I've gone up agains a lot of Pursuer spammers, and as long as I'm under 25%, I just roll in the opposite direction. They fizzle out after about 3 rolls. Ninjas and faith builds seem to have the Pursuer's number, but tanks would be screwed, IMO.

I fired up VoS on one caster and got a chuckle when he kept trying the cast, which didn't work.

Instead of dodging one group of pursuers (even if they are 5 you dodge them as 1 mass of things), you have to dodge the 5 at different paces and distances, meaning that if you don't dodge correctly all of them you will have to spam the dodge button probably ending in you having no stamina and either the remaining Pursuers or my CSS hitting you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 pm