Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Midgar
ChizFreak
6 posters

Quick Guide to kill Bed of Chaos the1st try.

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Quick Guide to kill Bed of Chaos the1st try. Empty Quick Guide to kill Bed of Chaos the1st try.

Post by ChizFreak Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:34 pm

No, there is no video.

Here's how:

1) Enter for the first time, and go to kill the RIGHT orb thingy of the boss. Now quit game and reload.

2) Now you're again at the boss gate. Enter, and carefully not to fall, approach to the left orb by walking close the wall.

3) In a point, you will meet a dead end, there will be a hole in the ground and you won't be able to advance unless you comeback and approach the right orb but by walking very close to the boss. In this dead-end, the boss can't hit you, and you can snipe the right orb with a bow. Just pull it off and start shooting arrows until you hit it. Even if you don't meet the requirements of the bows, it will kill it, only 1 hit from anything is required. After that, quit game and reload.

4) Once again, you're at the boss gate. Now enter again; and, while raising the shield, walk slowly forward to the boss. Stop when you see her giant hands can hit you, and backoff a bit so you're out of her hands' reach.

5) Now you have to wait until she attacks with his hands once, after that, run all you can towards the boss; the floor close to the boss will fall off, be careful not to fall and quickly comeback to your safe spot where her hands can't hit you.

6) Again, wait until she attacks once, and immediately run towards the hole in the ground. You will see a big root in there, carefully jump in there and DO NOT advance, she will most likely cast fire tempest (which usually won't kill you in 1 hit but be prepared for healing), or will do her hand attack which can't hit you there. After she attacks with her hands once, quickly run uphill until you reach some small roots blocking the way. If she casts fire tempest while you're standing at the big root in the hole, don't try to dodge it because you will more likely fall.

7) Roll forward (rolls can break the small roots) until you find a baby-like thing in the ground. Kill it as fast as you can and you're done. Be aware that while you're "inside her" she may cast fire tempest too so try to dodge it by don't standing in the red circles that appear in the ground. Don't try to block it because it will most likely break you guard.

8 ) Profit.

Of course you can reload thing with every boss but only Bed of Chaos the damage you do to her orbs saves. Other bosses reset normally.

Last edited by ChizFreak on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Quick Guide to kill Bed of Chaos the1st try. Empty Re: Quick Guide to kill Bed of Chaos the1st try.

Post by Midgar Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:39 pm

This is on the wiki. Better to run along to the right side and take out that orb, then follow the wall all the way to the tiny root on the left side then snipe it with a bow. You can do it in one go if you do it this way. Just hug the wall back to the middle after the left orb is done and proceed to the tree stem. Still annoying though, sometimes I still get knocked off trying to run for the middle.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Quick Guide to kill Bed of Chaos the1st try. Empty Re: Quick Guide to kill Bed of Chaos the1st try.

Post by ChizFreak Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Midgar wrote:This is on the wiki. Better to run along to the right side and take out that orb, then follow the wall all the way to the tiny root on the left side then snipe it with a bow. You can do it in one go if you do it this way. Just hug the wall back to the middle after the left orb is done and proceed to the tree stem. Still annoying though, sometimes I still get knocked off trying to run for the middle.

It takes less time and it's easier if you reload instead of trying coming back to the middle from the left orb.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:22 am

And all this time I've been using Homeward Bone after destroying each of the orbs...

The only time I die is trying to get to the middle ledge when I get knocked off.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:06 pm

No offense Chiz, and thanks for helping, but this has been in the wiki for weeks.

I posted a helpful video too. Green Eagle, you should check it out, it's to help with the jump part of the boss.

Edit: Link, look under "Alternate Strategy".
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:35 pm

BLA1NE wrote:No offense Chiz, and thanks for helping, but this has been in the wiki for weeks.

I posted a helpful video too. Green Eagle, you should check it out, it's to help with the jump part of the boss.

Edit: Link, look under "Alternate Strategy".

Ok, I didn't see it. But for some strange reason there are people that post in these forums but don't take a look at the wiki itself, I hope this helps them. Let's not keep bumping this thread.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Not a bump but a food for thought-
    I found with high poise and a greatshield you can block her sweeps and only get staggered back instead of thrown back. The whole 'reload' seems like a waste, the two orbs are easy, its when you have to get to the root that's hard.
    Klosterheim
    Klosterheim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Klosterheim Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:36 am

First, this boss was obnoxious.

Second, I beat it tonight using the trick outlined in the Wiki (stand near the root where none of the attacks can hit you).

I still died a few times, though. That run to the center is perilous, even with the cool trick. It was usually the firestorm spell that did me in, with the occasional spastic jump into the abyss.

When I finally did it, I did it wearing the entire golden hemmed robe set plus the dragon crest shield plus the fire stone ring.

As you guys may know from other posts, I have pretty low health (4 1/2 bars), so I don't have a lot of room for error. What I did was run to that center root and jump. Whenever she cast the fire spell, I immediately stopped and put up my shield. It did no damage to me.

Course, I could have just been standing in a great spot each time, but I am passing that along in case its helpful in anyway.

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:51 am

I should probably update that guide with the extra info I've learned since... For instance: there's another safe spot, further to the right of the root. From this new spot, you can just run straight at the tile sticking out furthest into the hole and drop right down onto the vine, without having to jump.

Also, I always equip the Grass Crest Shield and Cloranthy Ring when I beat Bed of Chaos. Reasoning is, like you found out, that the only attack she has that can hit you is her firestorm. If you roll enough times you'll be outside the spell's range. Only you need to roll to break the branches once you're on the final approach, which is really the only dangerous part of the boss fight. So with double stamina regeneration, you can roll to break the vines and your stamina will regenerate quickly enough for you to get away when she casts her firestorm.

But, if the Dragon Crest Shield does in fact block the firestorm, then that's even safer than the GCS. I'll be able to test it very soon to verify. Good work!
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:54 am

I have an easy technique to get to the center root. Equip your best fire protection and ring.

I take out the Left Root first and homebone out. After taking out the Right Root, walk and stay close to the center Root as you make your way to the ledge. You only have to block the arm on the right as you proceed to the extending ledge and roll forward.

Now it is just a matter of rolling/hacking your way through the branches to reach the center root.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am