Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
TehInfamousAmos
Spurgun
RANT
7 posters

pure str covenant

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

pure str covenant Empty pure str covenant

Post by RANT Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:29 pm

For the longest time I've been thinking about making a covenant around pure str weapons only. I have no idea how to sens it up and I'm kinda lazy with stuff like that, I know forum and I use str a lot but that's abou it that I know of and wyrm left the wiki so that's one less member. So I just wanna know who would be interested in this, let me know.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

pure str covenant Empty Re: pure str covenant

Post by Spurgun Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:50 pm

I would be interested in a str cov. But i'm already a member of 2 other covs, so i might not join (depends on what kind of events you're going to have).
    I'm sure that there are a lot of str weapon users though.

What kind of a cov is this going to be? Is it going to take part in wars, or any other events between covs? Is it going to have some lore that somehow connect it to the world of DkS?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 pm

That's the thing, I kinda have no idea what to do with it and I would need help setting it up. It would probably have the standard covenant lore and stuff like that but I'm afraid there's not gonna be enough people that are down for this.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:10 pm

You should make a poll in the PvP section. Since most of the people here are already in a cov, and probably not going to join another one.

The lore is going to decide your relation to the other covs, so you should put some thought into it.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:40 pm

Dude I enjoy strength weapons. I am DTF ( F for fight not the usual thing it stands for happy ) on a note, Rant - Brad (Unforseenone) asked me to ask you this:

You have been selected to test your skill and earn a position in Organization VIII. Positions Open; Swiftblade(dex), Tenaicous Warrior(str), Wise Sage(int), Venerable Monk(faith), Fiery Soul(pyro), and Ambassador.

Specifically he hoped that you could take the position of the strength weapons master.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm down for that, hopefully sl 99-100?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:05 pm

@spur thats probably a better idea since I don't think people check the covenant section as much as the PvP section
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:14 pm

RantFromRant wrote:I'm down for that, hopefully sl 99-100?

Indeed it is SL99-100 happy Brad just said he has to test you - though I know you'll pass haha, you're probably the best str weap user I am aware of.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Easiest way to make it is by having an NPC "leader" so you can make lore around him. For example a covenant based on Manus would be awesome since he seems to like Str. Dark sorcery seems to increase with Str too so there you got a nice combination. You could make a list for Str-scaling weapons. Most covenants have ranks but it's up to you if you want ranks or not. Ranks could keep things more interesting and could be an incentive for members who are dedicated enough to the covenant. How to rank up is up to the leader as well. Getting members here on the forums is a bit of a pain since the there are so many covenants. I would also suggest you set base on an area that none of the other covenant had set base in. On this area you will set up duels with the covenant members. For example the Blighttown arena or Sens. If you need help with the ideas let me know, I'm interested but don't know if joining....
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:00 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Dude I enjoy strength weapons. I am DTF ( F for fight not the usual thing it stands for happy ) on a note, Rant - Brad (Unforseenone) asked me to ask you this:

You have been selected to test your skill and earn a position in Organization VIII. Positions Open; Swiftblade(dex), Tenaicous Warrior(str), Wise Sage(int), Venerable Monk(faith), Fiery Soul(pyro), and Ambassador.

Specifically he hoped that you could take the position of the strength weapons master.

LOL Unforseen loves his secret societies.....way to keep that one a secret.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:13 pm

If you do end up making something like this after all, here's some ideas I had:

Knights of Berenike
    Patron: Iron Tarkus

Homebase:
    Sen's Fortress

Uniform (if any):
    Black Iron (high rank), Steel (mid rank), Balder (low rank)

Weapons:
    All STR weapons, primarily great weapons

Goal:
    Challenge those who brave the fortress to fair combat in order to make them prove themselves worthy to pass through. (The spirits of the knights who failed to pass through haunt those who would walk in their footsteps and beyond)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:24 pm

No offense but Tarkus is a bit lame in my opinion. Str weapons are mostly based around monsters like the demons, dragons and now Manus has a Str-scaling catalyst. I'm against the idea of knights because the Noble Knights already have the Berenike Knights section or whatever.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:27 pm

WyrmHero wrote:No offense but Tarkus is a bit lame in my opinion. Str weapons are mostly based around monsters like the demons, dragons and now Manus has a Str-scaling catalyst. I'm against the idea of knights because the Noble Knights already have the Berenike Knights section or whatever.
    I personally dislike the demon and dragon weapons due to their ugly designs, but point taken. ´-`

I didn't know about the Noble Knights thing, but yeah; if they already have a Berenike chapter, then making a separate Knights of Berenike covenant is probably a bit redundant.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm not a str weapon master, but i use them occasionally. I'm not sure would I join a str weapon covenant, but if you ever have some kind of str weapon duels (like lifehunters have their arena), i would be very interested in trying my luck against you. I'll follow this thread and hope something comes out of it happy

I did get a streak of 10 in the arena with this build: http://tinyurl.com/9bhacuk It was mostly because people desperately tried to get the backstab, but they just got stunlocked instead. I was doing well, until a guy completely crushed me with a dmb estoc. So yeah, thanks for waking me up Amos big grin You reminded me that some of the players there actually have skill and not just fish for backstabs.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:43 pm

FinPeku wrote:I'm not a str weapon master, but i use them occasionally. I'm not sure would I join a str weapon covenant, but if you ever have some kind of str weapon duels (like lifehunters have their arena), i would be very interested in trying my luck against you. I'll follow this thread and hope something comes out of it happy

I did get a streak of 10 in the arena with this build: http://tinyurl.com/9bhacuk It was mostly because people desperately tried to get the backstab, but they just got stunlocked instead. I was doing well, until a guy completely crushed me with a dmb estoc. So yeah, thanks for waking me up Amos big grin You reminded me that some of the players there actually have skill and not just fish for backstabs.

Wait - I ended your streak!? If so then gg, though I don't remember this - but if I reminded you then thank you man happy You're welcome.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:50 pm

You did. GG. I was using my second psn account happy I thought about sending you gg but i was too ashamed lol
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:53 pm

FinPeku wrote:You did. GG. I was using my second psn account happy I thought about sending you gg but i was too ashamed lol

Haha - Good game Fin happy I was using my cheap af faith build I presume sad Sorry about that xD Probably a bit OP for the arena imo.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:08 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Easiest way to make it is by having an NPC "leader" so you can make lore around him. For example a covenant based on Manus would be awesome since he seems to like Str. Dark sorcery seems to increase with Str too so there you got a nice combination. You could make a list for Str-scaling weapons. Most covenants have ranks but it's up to you if you want ranks or not. Ranks could keep things more interesting and could be an incentive for members who are dedicated enough to the covenant. How to rank up is up to the leader as well. Getting members here on the forums is a bit of a pain since the there are so many covenants. I would also suggest you set base on an area that none of the other covenant had set base in. On this area you will set up duels with the covenant members. For example the Blighttown arena or Sens. If you need help with the ideas let me know, I'm interested but don't know if joining....

I was thinking demon ruins actually and the lore would be About either the demon weapons or capras and for the people that don't already know I love me my DGM.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:09 pm

@ Amos

Don't worry. IMO there's nothing wrong in having one tryhard/cheap build. I have one myself. After fighting flipping giants for months, i don't mind fighting healers or buff builds in the arena.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:11 pm

I like STR weapons. Become a manical demon worshipper who wishes to conquer Lordran because a few adventurers were rude about his Demon Great Machete!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:35 pm

i was actually thinking about something about the demon lord returning to kick some *** in lordran but there's no bosses that fit that role unless i make it up which would be better but demon's ruins is definately gonna be our home. ok se a the weapons i would allow;

msgs
    dragon gs
    DGM
    butcher knife
    DGA
    dragonking ga
    club/reinforced club/mace/morningstar/pickaxe
    blacksmith hammers
    DGH
    the tooth
    GC/LC
    smoughs hammer
    DBF
    light/heavy xbow

exceptions; Gaxe, Stone Gaxe and GRANT.

not sure about the bk weapons since they have too much dex.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:42 pm

All my Str builds use an elemental Pike for backup for the annoying spears and bs fishers, what do you think? Are you going to allow sorcery, pyro and miracles?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:44 pm

I use a normal pike when I am on my str build silly
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:49 pm

so spears and what? you use a pike on your str build as in most of the time? i say yes to an sort of magic but as long of youre using the weapons allowed.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:02 pm

No I just menu swap it. It depends on the situation, but I mostly have the Str weapon in the main hand and a crossbow in the off hand.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm