Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Bcc17
PlasticandRage
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Deathsitexxi
8 posters

Assassin's Creed 3!!

Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Assassin's Creed 3!! Empty Assassin's Creed 3!!

Post by Deathsitexxi Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:21 pm

This Tuesday! I have my $120 Limited Edition on it's way! My wife is a huge fan we can't wait to play it.

What do you guys think about the time period? Are you excited? Will you miss Ezio? Hopefully, this will be a true conclusion...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Assassin's Creed 3!! Empty Re: Assassin's Creed 3!!

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:25 pm

I'm considering it. But no Ezio is definitely a big letdown. sad
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:29 pm

I like Ezio in 2 and as a character he was still good in Revelations. I like to ignore Brotherhood because that one seems the most rushed and meh to me. AC3 looks like they've changed a lot... I really hope they don't fk it up! jj
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:33 pm

As for me, yes and yes. I'm pretty excited for all the wilderness stuff and the possibilities of revolutionary battles. I'll definitely miss Ezio though. I don't think ACRev was intended to be a series conclusion so much as a conclusion for Ezio alone, and I felt like it was a fitting one. I think I was more disappointed with the Desmond stuff in the last game than anything else. Hopefully this time we get something a bit more like Brotherhood in that regard.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Meh
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:38 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:As for me, yes and yes. I'm pretty excited for all the wilderness stuff and the possibilities of revolutionary battles. I'll definitely miss Ezio though. I don't think ACRev was intended to be a series conclusion so much as a conclusion for Ezio alone, and I felt like it was a fitting one. I think I was more disappointed with the Desmond stuff in the last game than anything else. Hopefully this time we get something a bit more like Brotherhood in that regard.

I don't care for Brotherhood or Desmond that much but... those were the most interesting parts of that game to me. Also, I'm ready to see the end of Desmond's story now, I may not have cared for him but I do enjoy the story =). And I agree with you on Revelations it was an ending for Ezio and a pretty good one at that. The first person stuff was sooooo uggg... it didn't make me like Desmond any more that's for sure lol.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Bcc17 wrote:Meh

lol I can understand that. I have a buddy that played them all back to back as they were coming out, and I think every time he hears the words Assassin he gets nauseated lol. Put it on the back burner!
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:42 pm

I'm not exactly a hardcore fan of the series. I did liked the first Assassins Creed and I have played and beaten Revelation's storymode and played a bit of multiplayer, but I'm not exactly as excited for the release as most people. But if I get the time I'll try it out.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:45 pm

GrinTwist wrote:I'm not exactly a hardcore fan of the series. I did liked the first Assassins Creed and I have played and beaten Revelation's storymode and played a bit of multiplayer, but I'm not exactly as excited for the release as most people. But if I get the time I'll try it out.

There was a big jump in quality from the first AC to the 2nd. Revelations was good but in the end it was just a 2nd expansion pack to AC2. From the looks of AC3 it seems it has the potential to have that huge jump in quality similar from AC to AC2.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Deathsitexxi wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:As for me, yes and yes. I'm pretty excited for all the wilderness stuff and the possibilities of revolutionary battles. I'll definitely miss Ezio though. I don't think ACRev was intended to be a series conclusion so much as a conclusion for Ezio alone, and I felt like it was a fitting one. I think I was more disappointed with the Desmond stuff in the last game than anything else. Hopefully this time we get something a bit more like Brotherhood in that regard.

I don't care for Brotherhood or Desmond that much but... those were the most interesting parts of that game to me. Also, I'm ready to see the end of Desmond's story now, I may not have cared for him but I do enjoy the story =). And I agree with you on Revelations it was an ending for Ezio and a pretty good one at that. The first person stuff was sooooo uggg... it didn't make me like Desmond any more that's for sure lol.

That's what I was referring to also, the AC attempt at what I can only equate to Portal gameplay. I didn't really enjoy those sequences at all. I thought the stuff like exploring Ezio's town in the present was much more fun. Desmond isn't my favorite character or anything, I just feel like the plot cliffhangers usually based in his segments are one of the big factors that keep me coming back to the series. At least as far as plot is concerned. The gameplay I think usually speaks for itself. One improvement I definitely hope to see in AC3 is a better equipment system than was implemented in ACRev. I felt like they completely negated any kind of collecting in that one by essentially allowing you to obtain anything you wanted almost right from the beginning. You could get such great stuff by mentoring your assassins almost right away, so what was the point of even visiting smiths after that? I'd like to see that remedied.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:56 pm

I may give it a try. While I sort of hate the story of the series the freedom is somewhat fun. 1-2 really weren't enough for me but I feel that 3 might be enjoyable for me to play. Not so much doing missions but just roaming killing people and punching people. I can't remember if they have that silly "Don't harm civilians" thing still or if they got rid of that in two.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:58 pm

As a historian these games infuriate me too much for some reason. Must be the youtube comment section on the trailers or something....
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Yeah I see where you are coming from on that Moonlight...Especially since I know people who learn their history from that game series and Dynasty Warriors...

I hate my generation sometimes.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:03 pm

History from AC and Dynasty Warriors?
    Look Skyward

Your hatred is understandable.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Moonlight Knight wrote:As a historian these games infuriate me too much for some reason. Must be the youtube comment section on the trailers or something....

One thing that may make you even more angry then is the already announced DLC for AC3.....It revolves around a what if type deal... What if George Washington was a Tyrant and became the King of American instead of it's president lol. . Should be interesting. .
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:40 pm

I heard that the game has a cash-shop in game, for the singleplayer. If this is true, I'm not buying it, alongside any other Ubisoft game.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:I heard that the game has a cash-shop in game, for the singleplayer. If this is true, I'm not buying it, alongside any other Ubisoft game.

Hmmm I'll get it Tuesday and check it out. I'll let ya know if that's true or not.... Knowing how greedy game companies are now adays I wouldn't put it past them lol.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:I heard that the game has a cash-shop in game, for the singleplayer. If this is true, I'm not buying it, alongside any other Ubisoft game.
    Really wouldn't surprise me. They've been nickle and dimeing us PC players for years , was only a matter of time before this spread to all platforms.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am