Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads?

Poll

I...

[ 0 ]
    Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads? I_vote_lcap0%Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads? I_vote_lcap75%Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads? I_vote_rcap [75%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads? I_vote_lcap0%Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads? I_vote_lcap25%Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads? I_vote_rcap [25%] 

Total Votes: 4
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads? Empty Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads?

Post by vatar5 Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:06 am

Ever played an RP adventure thread in a video game forum?
    Ever heard about Dungeons&Dragons?
    I've been thinking about creating one of those here.
    I'm not good at explaining but basically I can think of 3 types of RP game threads right now:

-Dungeons&Dragons RP game type:the most complex type where each player have a character sheet with stats,items and abilities. Every actions is decided by dice. The scenario/lore is often entirely written before play.

-"Free" RP game type:Easier for everyone,everyone post their character sheet with any abilities,stats and story(not too OP still). The game master often writes the story globally and then makes up side story. Actions MAY be decided without dice,instead all players are free to decides what to do but the game master still has the upper hand.

-The game you are the hero:Simple but harder to keep it interesting. The game master posts a beginning situation with a hero he created then posts several choices about what the hero should do. People then vote for their favorite choices. The game master then makes up the next situation with others choices.

Sorry if my explaining is bad sad
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads? Empty Re: Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads?

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:47 pm

We tried that a while back with a guy called Rayne, he even started a seperate forum for it.....but we never had the partioipation.

I would do it if I got to do some creative writing...but other wise probably no...
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads? Empty Re: Would you be interested in participating in RP game threads?

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:46 am

I've never done it before, but if it was about the forum making one of several choices and seeing what the results are, I'd be in for it. I wouldn't really have time to do much than vote myself.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Well,forget I asked :p
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:13 pm

Sorry but I'm already on an RP forum. sad
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:17 pm

:shock:

May I inquire it's name? Prostration
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:18 pm

I don't know, because this is one of those guilty pleasure things.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:20 pm

:shock:

Is it possible I have the wrong idea about the nature of this RP forum you mentioned?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:21 pm

I mean just RP'ing in general always feels really, nerdy to me. It makes me feel like I'm in a basement in the dark with some friends rolling dice while my older brother upstairs is having a party and meeting girls.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:24 pm

Oh OH!

Right.

Well I understand your opinion.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:31 pm

I PM'ed it to you. It has a wide variety of selection. Some are bad some are good, some are just right.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:48 pm

Perhaps I should own up to my nerdy side and start posting my RP guides here along with when I post them on that site.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:49 pm

Covenant section? That would seem like a proper place imo.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:50 pm

He might not want to work with the established RP already on this site, which is something I can easily understand.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:54 pm

Not a bad idea.
    Hmm...but there's so many covenant already...hmm...
    I shall think about it.Thanks Rudmed.
    Thanks Tolvo too,I will check it once I repair my phone's screen I just broke :p.
    I don't mind typing on a broken screen though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 am