Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Social Lethargy

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Social Lethargy Empty Social Lethargy

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:12 am

We've all experienced it at some time in one way or another. You know when you have a group of people who have to accomplish a task and everyone assumes that someone else will do it so it never gets done?

I've been co-oping a lot since the DLC has come out, and it seems that a similar thing happens when you have two or three summons. People become much more reckless and less careful, and thus die alot more, particularly on hard boss fights like Kalameet. I even notice it in myself.

For instance, on the Gaping Dragon, when I face him solo, I always stay back and wait for him to do his running attack, then go in for three hits. Then I repeat. That is the only time I attack. I get him every time, no problem that way. But when I bring in a summon (or, more likely I am assisting someone) I tend to just go at him recklessly whenever I see an opportunity, as does the other player. Bring in a third and we are all jabbing at him like a pack of hungry hyenas.

So, to combat this (when I need to, for say, Kalameet), before I go to fight the boss I always send a message that either says, "take your time", or "be careful". Since I started sending these messages I find that my jolly co-operaters generally die a lot less, which is a BIG TIME win for all of us.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Social Lethargy Empty Re: Social Lethargy

Post by The Letter X Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:50 am

It happens to the best of us. silly

I'd actually prefer the summoner to send me messages like you just so I don't get tempted to go berserk agaInst all of the bosses... even though it's pretty fun to fight all of the DLC's bosses like a madman...

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:44 am