Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Lautrec
Comodreha
User
Serious_Much
zzCLR2Rzz
THEGOLIATH
Eliteknight
jjshowal
Ser Winston
ChizFreak
The_Tao
aceluby
Nitos-Apprentice
Robotech
lextune
RANT
justwant2play
djgq42
iDoLiZe
mpaschke
Halicarnassis
Whknight
shadowsoldiers
27 posters

Favorite weapon to use in Dark souls?

shadowsoldiers
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Favorite weapon to use in Dark souls?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite weapon to use in Dark souls?

Post by shadowsoldiers Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:05 pm

I prefer the flameberge to a claymore. I've tried it out but they have the same moveset, the same stagger and the same stunlock. BUT flamburge bleeds you.

Edit: Although I don't know about the damage difference.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Favorite weapon to use in Dark souls?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite weapon to use in Dark souls?

Post by Whknight Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:06 pm

I'm high enough to the point where I want a fast swinging weapon. I'm usually PvPing in Giants so I have to eye my stamina, the longsword has good balanced stats and has always worked well for me. Plus I'm a knight person, sword/shield is just how I roll~
    shadowsoldiers
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by shadowsoldiers Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:09 pm

I love to 2h with a weapon that can stagger easy/stunlock. Thats why I like my flamberge.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:13 pm

shadowsoldiers wrote:I prefer the flameberge to a claymore. I've tried it out but they have the same moveset, the same stagger and the same stunlock. BUT flamburge bleeds you.

Flamberge doesn't have the same one handed heavy attack and the claymore has more reach. It also wants 4 more dex points and honestly, I wouldn't use those dex points for anything else on my str build. :/
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Acually had that used against me yesterday in Demon Ruins. Poor guy kept hurling pyromancy until he ran out and then ran up to me, which was a stupid move since soon as he didn't bow and I noticed no weapon I decided to buff with SLB, while twohanding a Flamberge. I just swung a few timed and dropped him like a fly sad
    shadowsoldiers
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by shadowsoldiers Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Eliteknight wrote:
    shadowsoldiers wrote:I prefer the flameberge to a claymore. I've tried it out but they have the same moveset, the same stagger and the same stunlock. BUT flamburge bleeds you.

Flamberge doesn't have the same one handed heavy attack and the claymore has more reach. It also wants 4 more dex points and honestly, I wouldn't use those dex points for anything else on my str build. :/

I use it on my dex built with Lifehunt 1h r1 you get so much reach, but on my str build I use greataxe, sometime duel weild ^^ Claymore is a good weapon for it, but I just can't use it for it's overuse >.< And eh, few points difference won't change to much.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:22 pm

shadowsoldiers wrote:
    Eliteknight wrote:

I use it on my dex built with Lifehunt 1h r1 you get so much reach, but on my str build I use greataxe, sometime duel weild ^^ Claymore is a good weapon for it, but I just can't use it for it's overuse >.< And eh, few points difference won't change to much.

I need to make a build to try out the flamberge, it seems like a fun weapon.

Current build is faith/str for the darkmoon blade buff, so few spare points, T_T
    shadowsoldiers
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by shadowsoldiers Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Eliteknight wrote:
    shadowsoldiers wrote:
    Eliteknight wrote:

I need to make a build to try out the flamberge, it seems like a fun weapon.

Current build is faith/str for the darkmoon blade buff, so few spare points, T_T

Lots quotes big grin, but ya its a fun weapon to use imo. I use chaos +5 on my SL80 dex build and it works really well. ^^
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:35 pm

Hmm I'm going to try this out after Seath, but I don't think it will replace my claymore or Artorias.

Last edited by Whknight on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Whoooooops!)
    shadowsoldiers
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by shadowsoldiers Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Cli..to..ris? What kind of weapons are you using?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:43 pm

You saw nothing!... Serious that was funny xD

It looks like the GS of Artorias but has S scaling across the board including all stats, all base damage is at 999 and has 1 durability. You get this Ultra Mega GreatSword by making your starting gift the pendent, killing all bosses 10 times solo, not using any boss souls or embers, having obtained rank 3 in all convents at least once, and not dying once between your enitre playthrough. Upon doing all that and having Sunbro rank 3 you can turn in everything at the statue for this ultimate weapon.

Last edited by Whknight on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mind blown!)
    shadowsoldiers
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by shadowsoldiers Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Lol all that for just an A, psh!
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Ugh, I'm at a point where I'm typing fast and not thinking much on what I do. S scaling curse you. Besides even at A you'd be 1shotting everything...
    shadowsoldiers
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by shadowsoldiers Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Ya but A's not good enough!##$. Ya I said it. silly
    THEGOLIATH
    THEGOLIATH

Post by THEGOLIATH Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Great axe +!5 I know there is better but whatever fantasy RPG game I play I always use huge axes xD
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:03 pm

@shadowsoldiers

it has reasonable stat reqs., good reach and imop, a great r2 attack. and i think it does a great job clearing out mobs in pve. probably wouldn't use much in pvp however as it can leave you open (especailly if you are 1- handing). i tend to go for dex/fth or dex/int builds, but would probably feel differently if i was building a tank.
    zzCLR2Rzz
    zzCLR2Rzz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zzCLR2Rzz Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Love my bastard sword....cause I am a bastard.

twisted
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:26 pm

I CAN'T CHOOSE!!! sad

seriously, i just have favourites for certain builds not overall :|
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Great Demon hammer + 15. I sometimes have a second GDH + 10 fire for my left hand, so I have two hammers to swing at once. It is fun as hell.
    Comodreha
    Comodreha

Post by Comodreha Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Right now on my dex and dex/faith builds I love the iaito, great scythe, ricard's rapier, and painting guardian sword. SLB + Painting Guardian Sword or Ricard's Rapier is deadly.
    Lautrec
    Lautrec

Post by Lautrec Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:05 pm

halberd is in their mouth before they can say "ahhh"
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:30 pm

GS of artorias

black knight sword
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Hey Lautrec how did you feel when I riposted you and stole your armor just a few days ago?
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:45 pm

If you ask me what weapon I enjoy fighting with the most and which i find the most satisfying: just a simple longsword +15.

But weapons i fight the most with currently are spears. Being able to poke from behind your shield is a big advantage especially if you fight a group of enemies of course.

Currently the Demon Spear, because it looks awesome, it is the longest weapon i have, it has an awesome very long range and strong R2 attack, and the main reason: It has C-scaling in dex and str. And I focus more on leveling up str...
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:51 pm

I see you have been playing with images editor...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am