Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
PlasticandRage
bopjo1
Back Lot Basher
7 posters

Silver Pendant is great for Pursuer spammers

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Silver Pendant is great for Pursuer spammers Empty Silver Pendant is great for Pursuer spammers

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:00 pm

I went into an Arena match last night and ran into my first Dark Magic spammer. That pendant was very handy, especially for pursuer spells. Since you can keep it up indefinitely, it provides a shield against these types of attacks. In fact, it was a Faith build I was using, so his only choice was to come at me with melee, at which time I then spammed him with WoG. Very satisfying. That Dark Magic us uber powerful, especially if you use it with the Manus Catalyst.
    bopjo1
    bopjo1
    Casual
    Casual

Silver Pendant is great for Pursuer spammers Empty Re: Silver Pendant is great for Pursuer spammers

Post by bopjo1 Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:30 pm

My understanding was the Pendant only temporarily pushes the pursuers back but then they keep coming...
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Silver Pendant is great for Pursuer spammers Empty Re: Silver Pendant is great for Pursuer spammers

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:37 pm

About how long does the protection last after you use the pendent? Like did you have to reuse it during the fight at all or did just one use keep you protected for a good while?
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Hmm, now you've got me thinking about which spells I was hit with when this worked. I was sure I just kept spamming the pendant against pursuer spells, but now I'll have to try again to be sure. Either way, those pursuer spells are nasty. Doesn't seem like there's any way to evade them by dodging.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:39 pm

The force field only lasts a few seconds, but as long as you spam your controller button, it will provide indefinite protection. That's why the guy moved on me with melee, because he knew the spells were useless as long as I kept doing this. WoG seemed like the only way to counter, because it was the only thing fast enough to bring him down once I came out of the shield.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:44 pm

So you think it only lasts as long as the animation does? I actually haven't seen the Persuer spell yet. I had the impression that it worked like a Soul Mass style spell. They keep coming for longer though? I'm going to have to try this out.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:51 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:So you think it only lasts as long as the animation does? I actually haven't seen the Persuer spell yet. I had the impression that it worked like a Soul Mass style spell. They keep coming for longer though? I'm going to have to try this out.

Pursuer is nasty, and will potentially become even more hated that the WoG. You get 3 casts I believe, and yes, they look like soulmass, but will chase you around corners. They move slow, and take longer to cast. I just got sick of the guy doing this over and over, so I used the pendant. I'm sure I was able to keep them at bay until they faded, but if I'm remembering the fight incorrectly, then you've got a pretty gamebreaking spell on your hands (I shouldn't be complaining, as my highest level character is an ubermage, but I don't like to see any element of the game become unbalanced. I'd rather lose a straight up fight than win by spamming spells.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:55 pm

It sounds to me like that's probably why they added the pendent. It doesn't seem like it has much of a use other than that. Although I guess you could use it against Manus too if you were so inclined
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Funny...seems like every time i use the pendant against pursuers i catch a CSS in the eye. Maybe i just have bad luck...
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:18 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:It sounds to me like that's probably why they added the pendent. It doesn't seem like it has much of a use other than that. Although I guess you could use it against Manus too if you were so inclined

The pendant is extremely useful against Manus. When you see him cast all those orbs, spam the pendant and you won't take any damage.

@Phoenix - you've actually pointed out a real problem with the Pursuer spell. If the caster waits for you to start spamming the pendant, it buys him time for a follow up cast of something else. A few times, he waited for me to use the pendant, then dodged in for a backstab. I had no real recourse. If I dropped the shield, the spells got me, and if I kept it up, the backstab did. I'd hate to see PvP become a war of attrition betwee Pursuer and WoG.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:20 pm

get gmb if your a faith build so you can tank all magic for a bit and crush the new mages.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:26 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:get gmb if your a faith build so you can tank all magic for a bit and crush the new mages.

Good point. A little Vow of Silence goes a long way too, if the guy is a real spammer.
    tyrjhn

Post by tyrjhn Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:50 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:@Phoenix - you've actually pointed out a real problem with the Pursuer spell. If the caster waits for you to start spamming the pendant, it buys him time for a follow up cast of something else. A few times, he waited for me to use the pendant, then dodged in for a backstab. I had no real recourse. If I dropped the shield, the spells got me, and if I kept it up, the backstab did. I'd hate to see PvP become a war of attrition betwee Pursuer and WoG.
    actually thats easily counterable when you bs or are getting bs´d you are immune to all other damage. damage canceling their bs makes pursues hit you during your iframes. and their bs will be so obvious canceling it shouldn´t be a problem
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:59 pm

How to Deal with Pursuers:
    1#: Silver Pendant
    2#: Great Magic Barrier (Works like a charm for me but you can't use any other Buffs with it.)
    3#: Roll. I don't know if it works with Medium-Fat roll but if you Spam Fast Roll, they won't catch up to you.
    #4: Backstab. Can be hard since SOME people Spam Dark Bead + Pursuers.

That's at least what worked for Me big grin

(I also think WoG works, It does push away any Projectile but im not 100%)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm