Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Kolhell
SublimeSinner
Rarayn
SillentShadow
bart95
9 posters

So how does a low level Dex/Thief character get to beat Four Kings?

bart95

So how does a low level Dex/Thief character get to beat Four Kings? Empty So how does a low level Dex/Thief character get to beat Four Kings?

Post by bart95 Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:58 am

I fancy some fairly low level PvP, no not because I want to equip godlike gear from far FAR later in the game. But because I like how simple it is when I used the cracked orbs right at the start. There were no lightning buffs, no DWG Rings and no full havel's set. And I like it for that.

Now killing Sif is easy enough as I can just roll and sit under him while jabbing at his gut. (Apparently he is afflicted by bleed which is a plus)

But four kings and New Londo...I dunno. As a Dex character I couldn't just tank through the almost unavoidable attacks could I? Unless I got a few phantoms to help I'd be scuffed easily. 😢

So how on earth do I beat New Londo and Four Kings as a fairly low level Dex/Light character?
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

So how does a low level Dex/Thief character get to beat Four Kings? Empty Re: So how does a low level Dex/Thief character get to beat Four Kings?

Post by SillentShadow Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:27 am

Hi!

Perhaps the ghosts are your best chance.

You can also use a fully upgraded bow and Magic Barrier if you have the miracle and/or faith required.

GL
    bart95

So how does a low level Dex/Thief character get to beat Four Kings? Empty Re: So how does a low level Dex/Thief character get to beat Four Kings?

Post by bart95 Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:34 am

I assume by ghosts you mean phantoms? Alright, so where's the summon sign hotspot for New Londo? And at what SL do they most frequently appear? (Under 40ish at most)

On a side note, seems I should stack up faith to at least 24 then get to the great hollow tree. Shouldn't be too hard.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:52 am

The Dark Hand supposedly almost nullifies their magical attack when used as a shield. It doesn't negate it completely like some wikis say, but it will allow you to tank their magic attacks more efficiently if you need to. If you have the patience, it's a rare drop from the New Londo Darkwraiths. (Who are easy to kill with chainstabbing)
    bart95

Post by bart95 Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:54 am

Aha! I have an idea, stack 10 humanity, get the gold ring from le fortress then head to New Londo from there. Shank the red dude for the key (Hoping it doesn't bug out as I've heard sometimes happens if you kill him early), open floodgates and farm dem wraiths.

If the hand doesn't block the damage enough, I'll start stacking faith, get the great barrier and try again. Here's hoping my Bandit Knife+5 can kill them quick enough before more of their buds spawn. big grin
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:00 am

Also, if you can't find any human phantoms to help you out later, read this. [Link]

Only applies if you either haven't killed the Moonlight Butterfly, or did kill it together with Beatrice though.
    bart95

Post by bart95 Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:02 am

Fantastic! Beatrice can just nuke the boss with her OP spears while I tank them in melee range. As far as I can tell they will rarely use magic attacks if you get up close and personal.
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:15 am

Beatrice is awful in that fight as she only seems to try to cast in
    range of their melee attacks. It interrupts her spells constantly. You
    can easily hug them and spam R1 in between dodging their strikes. If it's just NG you
    could use iron flesh and just spam R1 as well. Farming a dark hand or getting the crest shield is good when approaching them. Dark wraiths can be circle stabbed easily. They also often lead off with a sword thrust which is easily parried.
    bart95

Post by bart95 Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:31 am

Could I not get their attention (Enemies will focus on who hit them last or is closest) and turn the current king away from her?
    Kolhell

Post by Kolhell Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:42 pm

She's pretty worthless, as their sweeping attacks have this stupidly wide arc that she always seems to stand within range of, regardless of where you point them. She does provide a second body to distract them if you need to gtfo to heal, though, which I've always found to be a challenge.

If you can kill them fast enough that they don't stack up on you then you'll be ok. I've found their attacks to be very dodgeable as long as you are right up on them, and I believe you're correct in that they don't use magic as much when you're close.

If you need to up your damage output there's always Ricard's Rapier's R2R2 + buff. I don't remember what the Four Kings are weak to.

Good luck!
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Hmm, you may want to consider turning your Knife +5 into a Chaos+5 or lightning +5 knife. The damage output will be far greater.

Some other things you can do, I would not use magic barrier in your case. You need more damage per second and not really more defense. So I would use power within coupled with the lingering ring. That gives you a solid 2.5 minutes of buffed power.

The key is just eliminating a King before the next appears. If a second spawns just hug the first one to keep the second King from attacking you.

If it is new game, than summoning a phantom will make it incredibly easy as they are usually tailor made to kill a certain boss which is why they get summoned there. My low level Kings killer sun bro for instance used 16 Great combustions with the works and buffed my host via trident throughout the fight.

Good luck
    bart95

Post by bart95 Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:17 pm

Ha
    Ha
    Haaaaa...

Problem I have now is Sif. Ho hum. Maybe I'll just force myself to stay a low SL and just grit my teeth through Blighttown swamp and Sens fortress, get to Anor Lando. Upgrade weapons and armour there. Then return to Sif.

I also heard that the kings are weak against fire. So perhaps a fire knife.
    kettpower
    kettpower
    Regular
    Regular

Post by kettpower Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:15 am

beating 4 kings low lvl easy mode:

- play trough catacombs + get rite of kindling, kindle firelink bonfire +20
    - get your estus to +4 or +5
    - get stone armor
    - make a really hard hitting weapon, fire, lightning or maybe queelags furysword in your case (dex), u only need to be able to wield it 2-handed
    - maybe get power within
    - forget beatrice
    - equip heavy armor and tank them with power within, use estus all the time u should have enough, don't dodge or block, just hit them 2-handed...

i know this is quite a to-do-list, but then it gets surprisingly easy, even after the elemental weapons got nerfed

always remember to invade with level appropriate gear!
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:26 am

Their attacks are pretty easy to dodge. The only issue is killing them before they stack up against you.
    IE- Up your dps.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:47 pm

Tanking them is not the only option. Just get a Chaos weapon, 10 humanity and get fast roll, you'd be amazed just how many attacks can be avoided by simply sidestepping (Namely, all of them except for the magic moves).
    bart95

Post by bart95 Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:53 pm

So Qualags sword, 10 humanity, light armour, win? silly
    Kolhell

Post by Kolhell Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:22 pm

Sif, similar to the Four Kings, whiffs a LOT if you can stay close to him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 pm