DLC Items/Weapons/Armors/Spells without DLC?

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DLC Items/Weapons/Armors/Spells without DLC?

Post by BrotherBob on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:07 pm

So, let's pose a question. Here's the background information first though. I don't have the DLC. So, if a player with the DLC had a weapon exclusively from the DLC, could the y give it to me and would I be able to use it? Pushing that question even further, could a player give me the Soul of Manus, for example, and would I be able to trade it with Snuggly?

To sum up what the question really asks: does Patch 1.06 give me the ability to use DLC items or is that sort of game data only given in the DLC download files?
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: DLC Items/Weapons/Armors/Spells without DLC?

Post by fujiphoenix on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:15 pm

I know that weapons are usable without the dlc, but I'm not sure about getting persuers from snuggly. I don't mean to be mean, but I sincerely hope you can't get that spell without getting the dlc. You have to kill what a lot of people argue is the hardest boss in the game to get it. Personally, I think the Manus fight is what Gwyn should have been. I spent three and a half hours trying to beat him lol.

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:17 pm

So is it possible for a Player with the DLC to play with someone without the DLC ?

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:19 pm

Don't worry, I only posed the question out of pure curiosity. I do have a certain set of standards. I'm actually planning to stop playing the game soon. Initially, it was because I thought I would get owned by the new spells, but after duelling against players who have already obtained those spells, I can honestly say that they're not that good.

Edit: Nice suggestion that Manus be the final boss (I've seen videos).

Last edited by BrotherBob on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:19 pm

@Marino
    I haven't done that myself, but i believe someone else posted it already. Meaning that it is possible.

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:20 pm

And yes, Marino, I've been duelling players with the DLC all afternoon at the Kiln

:pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm 100% certain. Almost everyone I've fought in the burg the past couple days hadn't downloaded it yet. I like casting pursuers when people try to jump me while I bow. They have no idea what to do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:49 am