Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
Nybbles
OrnsteinBro
Buggy Virus
eduardolee
TheMeInTeam
WandererReece
passivefamiliar
Onion Knight
Brokewilly
xSomax
Odinbear
Seignar
JoeBroski09
Doelker
Espada Muerta
Emergence
IV_Mark_VI
BIG TIME MASTER
befowler
BrotherBob
Mr. Tart
fujiphoenix
FruitPunchNinja
tofucactaur
Pratix
ChaosMoogle
billy_bayonet
Krasouski
vatar5
DoughGuy
mugenis4real
35 posters

FROM placed a punishment for trying to glitch in the patch

mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

FROM placed a punishment for trying to glitch in the patch Empty FROM placed a punishment for trying to glitch in the patch

Post by mugenis4real Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Today I finally finished collecting all the pyromancy spells I wanted for my character, but of course I don't wan to bother with getting all 4 lord souls cause I want to finish the build for PvP, I need multiple copies of my spells. So I try the skip to the kiln glitch (no I won't tell you how to do it) and it seems like its worked but then...I spawn at firelink shrine.

Now it gets weird. Look Skyward

Now that I know the glitch has been patched, I decide to head for the catacombs, might as well get rid of Nito first right? So I make it to the first bonfire and kill the first necromancer with three combustions. I don't think anything of it even though I'm only on NG because in my mind I'm like "Well he does shoot fire so I guess he's always been fire resistant" but then I fight a normal skeleton.

My setup:
    Crown of Dusk
    Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring
    Ascended Pyromancy Flame +5
    Active Power Within

I deal a grand total of 106 damage to the skeleton with Combustion. Not even close to a one shot.

A NG skeleton.

I warped to other areas and it's the same everywhere with every enemy. It's like everything on my character was mega-nerfed. I cant one shot ANYTHING, not even the asylum hollows. I invade and I still can't deal jack s*** for damage. All the work I put in getting my gear and now my toon is ruined. Look Skyward

F*** you FROM. Point Forward

I know I should't have been glitching in the first place but there should have at least been a penalty warning or something. Prostration

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

FROM placed a punishment for trying to glitch in the patch Empty Re: FROM placed a punishment for trying to glitch in the patch

Post by DoughGuy Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:52 pm

lol!
    I love you FROM.
    Have you tried using melee to see if it was nerfed too? Or ismply unequipping everything and reequipping it?
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

FROM placed a punishment for trying to glitch in the patch Empty Re: FROM placed a punishment for trying to glitch in the patch

Post by vatar5 Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Penalty warning? :s
    It's seems to me the glitch breaked the game or made it go to NG+.
    Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Krasouski Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:55 pm

LOL,Fromsoft is truly one of the best,if not the best,developers
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:56 pm

DoughGuy wrote:lol!
    I love you FROM.
    Have you tried using melee to see if it was nerfed too? Or ismply unequipping everything and reequipping it?

I've tried almost everything, I knew I was f***** when I used the DragonKing Greataxe R2 and only dealt 103 damage to a hollow soldier Prostration
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:00 pm

vatar5 wrote:Penalty warning? :s

Trust me, this is definitely not NG+, maybe NG+10 but definitely not NG+.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:41 pm

i shouldn't laugh..........
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:43 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:i shouldn't laugh..........

This silly

I don't know whether to feel really bad for you, or laugh at the ingenuity of it! Still, props for admitting to it!
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:55 pm

mugenis4real wrote:
    vatar5 wrote:Penalty warning? :s

Trust me, this is definitely not NG+, maybe NG+10 but definitely not NG+.

Hmm...are the AR/scale of your weapons normal?
    Someone had his stats maxed by the glitch so maybe you got your stats/AR diminished...
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Dude...someone should confirm this. If it's true. Then that's F******* hilarious, but also sad.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:07 pm

Everything looks normal, my stats, weapon stats, scaling, its all there. The strange part is that the enemies deal damage like normal NG enemies but they take my attacks like their covered in titanium body armor.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:10 pm

How do all of you find this funny! I have 4 hours into this account and all my BB items, which as you all know can no longer be transferred because FROM fixed that glitch too.
    😢
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Its funny because you tried to glitch after the patch to end all glitches and got screwed by it. You should've known better lol.
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:27 pm

this is totally bizarre.....! I feel for you dude, that sucks..... sad
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:35 pm

From did do something, it isn't cause you glitched though. I have a SL666 character in NG, and i'm going through the whole game. I have 99STR/99DEX,obviously, i don't even one shot silver knights with a 2h zwei R2. They really upped the defense of all enemies i think, or nerfed damage output, not sure.
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:36 pm

4 four is nothing either. Try going 20+ hours making a build and finding out you can't use the buff on it. I took a break and played skyrim since then.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:57 pm

Hahahahahha 4 hours? That's it? No one should feel sorry for you if you only spent four hours on one toon that is now useless. And as for lossing all your bb items, thats too bad. Now you have to play the game like a normal person. I praise FROM for the deviousness.
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:02 pm

i doubt that it is intentional..... it seems like an unfortunate glitch, there have been a few ones going around since the DLC....i am glad my main character made it through to the content unscathed......hope my other 7 make it through lol
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:22 pm

I don't think they increased the enemy defense, because i do the same amount of damage i did before the damage.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:29 pm

Well, i do feel that the glitching being gone is great, so any further attempts should really be expected to be punished, i mean, you basically asked for it. And don't take me wrong, i've used the BB glitch a few times myself, so i would be horrified if anything like this happened to me, so i do feel sorry for you even then, no one wants to lose a character. Especially not if you liked that character.

Just to express myself more clearly, glitching is against the original idea behind the game, thus, glitching could be considered like breaking the law for example, to an extent atleast. And thus, if you were to be punished then that were to be expected. However, i believe that as long as you're not truly abusing it then perhaps you didn't truly deserve that much of an punishment. But oh well. Shrug

On another note, if it's actually Froms doing, then they oughta be the biggest Trolls within gaming that i've ever seen. silly
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:37 pm

I don't really find the concept of developers "punishing" attempted glitches to be believable. It just doesn't make any practical sense. Undoubtedly, after the patch, a lot of people wouldn't have known about the removal of some glitches and would have tried them again. If all of these people were "punished" it just would not be a smart move on From's part. They'd be voluntarily letting go of a potential group of buyers, an obviously bad choice.

If anything, it's most likely that you accidentally changed some critical part of the game when you tried to glitch.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:39 pm

Indeed, i agree with you. I would assume it has got something to do with a bug within the DLC, as since it has been released on consoles, there seems to have been several problems found. A couple having been posted on the forums already.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:27 pm

I guess I just glitched my game up then, ah well I'm over it. Goodbye my sweet! *Delete* sad
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 am

In some games, developers would work in punishments for players that tried to hack or glitch. Read this article from Cracked.com. The Max Payne 3 one is the most relevant.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:44 am

There's another Cracked article somewhere that talks about what cheaters in that old NES RPG game with Ness (Earthbound?) would experience. Basically all throughout the cheater's game the enemies would be tougher and more numerous. But if you got all the way through them and somehow fought your way to the final boss, equally overpowered, after 40-50 hours of gameplay, just as you were about to defeat him the game would freeze up. And then when you reloaded, all your save files would have been wiped. All of it was purposefully implemented to completely waste weeks of your life.

I don't know if From did something similar with the patch, but if they did..it would be awesome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am