Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Odinbear
Bamjam
Uparkaam
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BloodBlade22
Rudmed
XuitusTheGreat
Mr. Tart
Automancer
xSomax
OrnsteinFanBoy
argotthar
edgie_za
Alara78
ROOSTER330
vatar5
ViralEnsign_
21 posters

DLC First 30 mins

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

DLC First 30 mins Empty DLC First 30 mins

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:53 am

So here is a thread, if there isnt already one, to share the first 30mins of your adventure.

The Horrors, the Shame, the Victories!

I for one only just entered Oolacile.....ans **** MAN MOTHER TRUCKER is that Guardian Beast a tough one. First time I fought him his four hit combo killed me....and Id seen that fight a dozen times....

Second time I managed to get the Tail Cut on him due mostly in part to EpicNameBro's tutorial of how to get the cut.

Third time he womped me again.....

But the Fourth I gathered up all my might and bravely got poisoned.....this somehow worked and I promptly ended the beasts life with my trusts Falchion!

Now im off to the Royal Wood to see what I can see!

More recently I found the Royal Wood to be challenging not because of the enemies, for I have yet to face one, but for that slippery slope right next to the bridge that sent me tumbling to my death.....

What about all of you?!

Last edited by ViralEnsign_ on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

DLC First 30 mins Empty Re: DLC First 30 mins

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:00 am

UPDATE- ROYAL WOOD IS A DEATH TRAP

Oh and can a Mod move this thread to Regualar Sections.......
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:38 am

Yeah,the DLC is quite challenging.
    I really recommend a bow as you might fall into ambush without one :p.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:43 am

I only got about an hour in, had to work and wont have time again until friday....but as you said, so far Ive been pleasantly surprised by the difficulty, even with my sl99.

I made it a point to read or watch nothing on the dlc content, so my first encounter with the gaurdian was interesting... managed to beat him after running around for a while learning his moves, however I didnt get his tail, what did I miss out on with that?
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:45 am

ROOSTER330 wrote:I only got about an hour in, had to work and wont have time again until friday....but as you said, so far Ive been pleasantly surprised by the difficulty, even with my sl99.

I made it a point to read or watch nothing on the dlc content, so my first encounter with the gaurdian was interesting... managed to beat him after running around for a while learning his moves, however I didnt get his tail, what did I miss out on with that?
    You missed out on a whip
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:48 am

Oh ok, probably wouldnt have used it anyways (at least thats what Ill tell myself silly )
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:22 am

My first impressions, good so far. Finished the Guardian beast on my fourth attempt, equiped Lightning Protect ring, cast iron flesh, and just tanked him, making sure I fled to a safe place once iron flesh was exhausted, and made sure I had at least 10 flasks. Really have to watch the lightning blasts as they really hurt.

Royal woods was interesting. The Stone Guardians really hit HARD and are surprisingly fast, and have a deceptively long reach as well. Difficult to block most times, so I tend to thrust, and roll back, and when their club is stuck in the ground and they finish their AoE, I get one or two quick strikes in. The Ents in the Royal Wood are easily taken care of, though there is a part to the right of the entrance to the Royal Wood where they ambush u with four/five of them. Must be honest it is a pain when both the ents and Stone Guardians tackle you at the same time. Went down the elevator, reached Chester, who really doesn't have anything interesting/new for sale. Did not go through the fog wall, but followed the patch to the left of the hole that leads to the elevator. Tackled a few hounds, when I reached the cliff, got my second fright of the dragon flying by. howevr, fell to my doom when i attempted to drop down to the ledge with the corpse and item. And that is where i am, hoping to continue tonight. So far, not bad, hoping to see some really cool weapons/armour/spells though.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:37 am

Im SL 49 and have no souls and little humanity and am having a tough time with artorias....the Falchion just doesnt hit hard enough and Arty has some really surprising counters that I just cant deal with....
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:54 am

First half an hour... Man I was thrilled! That strange unease feeling got back as soon as I enter portal with my shield up. Can't really remember when I entered some area this carefully and then fog gates appeared. Hahaha, for sure I haven't expect boss!!
    Since I avoided all possible spoilers I had no clue about tactics nor tail cut mentioned in OP but I'm so glad I entered fight like a virgin happy
    Was using my NG++ SL120, with full humanity and few million souls from PVP. Of course I was owned badly by that combo after circling and circling trying to figure out tactics. So, I tried to look for some help but none came so I entered alone and after few times I manage to bring him to like 1% then died! Hahahah, welcome back Dark Souls!!!
    Anyway, beast was down, managed to keep my humanity and souls and then ventured into Sanctuary.

Royal woods

Area looks great but at NG++, that stone thingy hits hards. Was going to the right and get to the elevator shaft which is, of course, deactivated so I ahd to find new way... and.... I died... by stone's thingy fu**** earth ripping hit.

Oooooook, time to get my PVP SL100 NG char.

Killed golem, got pendant, went to portal, lit bonfire... Damn, only 10 flasks!!! Aaaarrggghhh!! Go back to catacombs, rush to Vamos, run to Pinwheel boss, get Secret Rite, homeward back, goooooooooooo. This time I managed to summon friendly fanthom and there we go.
    This time, boss was really easy... I figured out his attack patterns on previous char and I had a help (thus it's only NG) so he went down pretty fast.

Gooooooooooo Royal Woods.....
    (Fast forward)
    Fanthom summoned, went for Artorias, was killed by trying to use the flask by this crazy long rage trust and he was at 20% or so. Damn, bed time, work tommorow! DAMN!

(dreaming killing Artorias and having barbecue in Royal woods)
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:05 am

I'm not sure if it was a stroke of luck but I managed to beast the guardian and grab his tail first time through. man-serpant great sword+sunlight blade= one dead guardian. So feeling pretty pleased with myself I wander through the sanctury, talk the armless mushroom (no pun intended...Well maybe a little one) and proceed to the royal wood.

I take out the first couple ents thinking "Holy balls this is darkwood garden, that is epic". I come upon a stone giant dodge his first downward swing. Well I though I dodged it, he then pulled his axe out of the ground and blammed me for half my health and in my panic I dodged the wrong way on his next swinp and he owns me. Round two I get some hits in and realize these guys are pretty tough...and die again. I run back to my souls think "aha if this is darkroot garden then there's a bridge in that little building and I can escape" BLAM big hole in the ground.

Pretty much sums up the first half hour for me, it's so awesome to be dying repeatedly again. Having to learn a whole new set of enemies and an unfamiliar environment. One word - Epic
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:24 am

this was in the first hour or so, but while i was summoned for artorias, first time in the fight mind you, i noticed he was exceedingly harder than many of the other bosses i faced. after getting killed at below 10% of his health, one of the others messages me saying "that NG+ second/third power-up is a *****!". i haven't done NG+ in any way XD
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:26 am

I think in spoiling it for myself I got really **** with how I fought....as if I had done it a hundred times.....well i got taught a lesson....im SL 52 and have no souls to upgrade myself with.....
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:28 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:I think in spoiling it for myself I got really **** with how I fought....as if I had done it a hundred times.....well i got taught a lesson....im SL 52 and have no souls to upgrade myself with.....

Just curious,if you were to invade and kill a SL 120 dude who has,say,150k souls.
    How many souls would you get?

Also my Hawkeye build can help ya as I just started the DLC with him.
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:05 am

Doesn't souls receive depends on SL difference?
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:08 am

Weird, the DLC isn't showing up in the PS store.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:27 am

vatar5 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:I think in spoiling it for myself I got really **** with how I fought....as if I had done it a hundred times.....well i got taught a lesson....im SL 52 and have no souls to upgrade myself with.....

Just curious,if you were to invade and kill a SL 120 dude who has,say,150k souls.
    How many souls would you get?

Also my Hawkeye build can help ya as I just started the DLC with him.

Im at the oolacile township dueling in the arena and waiting to try some co op.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:28 am

I started off at my SL 200 Artorias build, so i had kind of an advantage, though that didn't help much. Prostration

Fought the Sanctuary Guardian for about 15 minutes trying to get the goddamn tail off of him. Got him, then beat the crap outta him.

YOU DEFEATED

Went into the forest. Faced a Stone Knight, sadly i misjudged their range. And thus, i died. Prostration

YOU DIED
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:57 am

first 30 min I enter, spell to death the guardian, run around exploring the forest, fall into the abyss, go back and get me stain, work my way to arty, fight him (fun fight) promptly kill his lover for her loot, then try the arena. all in all standard romeo juliet murder story happy poor arty and ciadrin :C
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:30 am

Didn't cut off the guardian tail, but next playthrough. I wasn't even expecting a boss battle through the fog-wall until I saw Sanctuary Guardian....that breathes lighting (my immediate thought was OH DEAR GOD NO! NO GOD!)

After that was over I wandered around the woods and nearly jumped when Kalmeet landed and just stared at me (Whatcha ya' want punk?). Then I worked my way to Atorias, and fought him in an epic battle of ultra-greatsword v.s. greatsword master. This concluded with me using a SLB Zwiel and us trading blow for blow (My god that was fun).
    BloodBlade22
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodBlade22 Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:44 am

Got in with no idea what to expect... bam! Boss fight! Well the first time I got my *** handed to me, then the 2nd or 3rd I got his tail and killed him. Proceeded through the forest area, black dragon lands on bridge and I almost crap my pants... but then he flies away.

Get to artorias... im equiped with a +5 occult balder side sword, doing under 100 dmg a hit to him. I got killed epicly as I always do the first time on bosses, on my way back I take a right after the bridge and I fall down a hole... ***! There goes a good 15 humanity and 60k souls lol. After that I called it a night. Glad to hear im not the only person to fall down that hole though...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:48 am

I'm still like 2 minutes in silly
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:30 pm

1 hour or so in for me. Killed the Sanctuary Guardian on my third try naked and armed only with the broadsword. I also got the tail. Then I explored the Royal Woods carefully, bombarding everything that moved with my sorceries. And now I'm trying to kill Artorias. I had full health and I was blocking with my broadsword but he still one-shotted me with his thrusting attack. That buff is dangerous. Especially on NG+7.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:38 pm

I made a character for the dlc a few weeks ago and wanted to try something totaly diffrent from what i usualy play. So i made a Strenght fatty tank and i must say its been alot of fun. Got the DLC yesterday for xbox and thought the gaurdian was pretty hard from what i had seen from youtube video's. But i found out that no boss stands a chance against my fatty tank. He couldnt hurt me much through my havel shield and i killed him first try with ease.

Then i went into the woods and as i had seen a vid from those stone gaurdians i pulled them carefuly but they where so easy mode i just had to lol. I mean they have this big mean axe but they went down in 2 hits from my demon great hammer and i have so much poise that they cant stagger me.

After that i killed Arty on first try, also by just tanking him with Havels shield and smacking his head to a pulp with the demon hammer. But i think i was playing a bit longer than 30m by this point silly.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:27 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:first 30 min I enter, spell to death the guardian, run around exploring the forest, fall into the abyss, go back and get me stain, work my way to arty, fight him (fun fight) promptly kill his lover for her loot, then try the arena. all in all standard romeo juliet murder story happy poor arty and ciadrin :C

Sorry to hear that man.... seems the DLC wont challenge you at all. Ah well the next Souls game will Im sure o it.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Automancer wrote:Weird, the DLC isn't showing up in the PS store.

Search artorias

I had trouble just browsing for it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm