The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Share
    avatar
    Sergeant Soy
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 42
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-10-01
    Age : 20
    Location : Lordran (obviously)

    The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by Sergeant Soy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:53 pm

    Hello! As I have learned through experience, I will finally paragraph my long posts! But that's besides the point.

    To cut to the chase, I always wondered why the gods wanted the fire even though the chief one essentially died for it and everyone left. I think I figured it out.

    My thoughts are that the gods left Anor Londo because they knew it was no longer safe, and would be dangerous soon enough. They decided they needed to lay low and wait for the chosen undead legend to play out correctly. When the fire returns, they're ready to take charge again, with no danger of being killed in the meantime (like potentially Gwyndolin)

    However, if the flames did fade and the Dark Lord came into power, they would be safer hidden away, somewhere else, potentially finding a different "flame" from which to get power.

    Still, if the Dark Lord happened, it still wouldn't be good, so Gwyndolin decided to pitch in and "persuade" any unlucky undead to link the fire. Frampt also was in on this, and would help "persuade" as well.

    Well, what do you guys think? I always like to hear from people and know what their opinions are! (And not because I want attention! silly )


    _________________
    The real question is this; How many more questions can we ask???
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by DoughGuy on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:55 am

    The gods power comes from fire. If the fire goes out they lose their poewr to rule and humanity will take over/the world will end depending on who you believe.

    I'm pretty sure the gods were driven from anor londo (ring of suns princess) by priscilla (my theory).


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by Shkar on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:03 am

    Or maybe the gods just wanted to be able to read. Did you ever think about that> Maybe they just want the honest pleasure of being able to read about the simple, natural beauty of the world.

    But nobody probably thought of this, because the forum is full of "cannibalistic", soul-sucking monsters called "Darkwraiths," who want nothing more then to turn out the light that the gods use for their simple pleasures that cause no harm to anyone.


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    Sergeant Soy
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 42
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-10-01
    Age : 20
    Location : Lordran (obviously)

    Re: The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by Sergeant Soy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:57 am

    DoughGuy wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the gods were driven from anor londo (ring of suns princess) by priscilla (my theory).

    I never read the ring of sun princess description before, and I should be ashamed of that. sad.

    On the other thing you said, If Priscilla drove them out, how come shes in that painting, being guarded by so many guards and not in some throne room?


    _________________
    The real question is this; How many more questions can we ask???
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by DoughGuy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:56 am

    Because she's still an exile, and Dolin is still there. She might not want to rule, she was just forced to run them off by seath (my theory)


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 295
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-07

    Re: The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by Deathsitexxi on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:46 am

    DoughGuy wrote:Because she's still an exile, and Dolin is still there. She might not want to rule, she was just forced to run them off by seath (my theory)



    Not to be argumentative Dough, but is there any evidence that they were
    actually “driven”. The ring says they simply left. As in they realized once
    Gwyn was going to link the flame or already had, that there really wasn’t any
    hope? It would also make sense as to why it says she married the Flame God
    Flann, maybe she was hopeful that he could continue some sort of an Age of
    Fire. I can see where you’re coming from
    on the driven out theory as well I just have not been able to find anything
    that points towards that. As for Priscilla she seems pretty mello to me. I
    think she was persecuted and an outcast in Anor Londo but the doll says she was
    drawn into the painted world, as if she was looking for a place to get away
    from all of the drama. In addition, she knows how to get out but chooses to
    stay that’s for sure. Anyways, I am in no way saying “OMG YOU’RE WRONG” lol
    just attempting to look at it from your point of view.


    _________________
    If i could choose to become any animal it would defiantly be a jackass. So that i could fit in with the crowd.
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by DoughGuy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:51 am

    As in they realized once
    Gwyn was going to link the flame or already had, that there really wasn’t any
    hope?

    Why wouldnt there be hope? The god spower comes from the flame, Gwyn was doing what they needed to survive.
    In terms of the driven out there is no reason for them to leave, why would they leave on their own? Anor Londo was their fort, their place of power. They wouldn't leave without a very good reason.
    Like I said Pris was forced to. She is very heavily linked to the occultists, and possibly hated by the gods and once ran away from them and was thus drawn into the painting. She has a motive for revenge.

    Why the italics and random smaller text?


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 295
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-07

    Re: The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by Deathsitexxi on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:59 pm

    I was rushing out this morning to head to work. Because of the
    nature of my job I’m used to writing in Word and copy pasting my stuff into
    where ever, which can lead to bad formatting in the forums… Formatting aside…….


    So you wouldn’t lose hope if:


    Your Leader Failed to completely destroy the Chaos demons
    and returned home.


    Your Leader was gradually weakening as the years go by, and
    sacrificed himself to remove a curse. Only for it to come back and worse.


    The kingdoms around you are attacking by creatures of the
    Abyss and falling i.e. Ooliciae, New Londo, Astora


    Your father’s battle field compatriot, a bishop disappeared
    with no explanation


    Only 1 of your fathers best knights remain in the kingdom.
    With Artorias defeated, and the other 2 M.I.A


    Seath goes mad and is doing experiments on your people.


    The Undead curse is spreading and it seems the epicenter is…..
    Lordran..


    So yeah… I can see them up and leaving when they lose the
    last of their hope. If they stayed in Lordran what would they be ruling
    exactly? You can already see from where the Golem battle takes place that they
    didn’t want anything coming in and sealed their gates. Maybe they got sick of
    being stuck in Anor Londo like a prison.


    As for Priscilla, I don’t think she was hated by the gods
    but she was feared. It never says she attacks any of them.. just that they fear
    what she could do.


    _________________
    If i could choose to become any animal it would defiantly be a jackass. So that i could fit in with the crowd.
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by DoughGuy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:03 pm

    Fear leads to hate when you are fearing something that ca kill you.

    What curse did Gwyn sacrifice himself to remove? There is no proof that the darksign existed before Gwyn tried to relink the flame.

    I'd like to point out Anor londo is a HUGE city. You don't evacuate a city like that easily. Where did all the people go if they werent driven out?


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by Shkar on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:16 pm

    DoughGuy wrote:Fear leads to hate when you are fearing something that ca kill you.

    What curse did Gwyn sacrifice himself to remove? There is no proof that the darksign existed before Gwyn tried to relink the flame.

    I'd like to point out Anor londo is a HUGE city. You don't evacuate a city like that easily. Where did all the people go if they werent driven out?

    Who said they evacuated quickly? It might have been slower as the undead started to "spread." Give them 10 years or so and it very well might have been evacuated fairly "easily."


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 295
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-07

    Re: The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by Deathsitexxi on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:42 am

    DoughGuy wrote:Fear leads to hate when you are fearing something that ca kill you.

    What curse did Gwyn sacrifice himself to remove? There is no proof that the darksign existed before Gwyn tried to relink the flame.

    I'd like to point out Anor londo is a HUGE city. You don't evacuate a city like that easily. Where did all the people go if they werent driven out?

    Everything you're saying could possibly be true and I'm not trying to argue. However, from my point of view I could see them up and leaving before they were just driven out. Like you said Anor Londo was their Fort, what would be powerful enough to drive them out? Prisiclla was taken care of so why would they be running from her? Also, the same question could be asked "Where did all the people go if they were driven out?" Being driven out is a type of evacuation isn't it? You said yourself it'd be hard to do that so quickly.


    _________________
    If i could choose to become any animal it would defiantly be a jackass. So that i could fit in with the crowd.

    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 92
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-09-07

    Re: The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by wolfboy on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:45 pm

    Shkar wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Fear leads to hate when you are fearing something that ca kill you.

    What curse did Gwyn sacrifice himself to remove? There is no proof that the darksign existed before Gwyn tried to relink the flame.

    I'd like to point out Anor londo is a HUGE city. You don't evacuate a city like that easily. Where did all the people go if they werent driven out?

    Who said they evacuated quickly? It might have been slower as the undead started to "spread." Give them 10 years or so and it very well might have been evacuated fairly "easily."

    maybe a % of the former residents of anor londo ended up in the northern undead asylum after the curse broke out? Is there any lore to suggest there might be other asylums where the undead are being held in captivity similar to Northern Undead Asylum?

    What evidence do we have of any population of anor londo prior to it's current state?

    For all we know in the aftermath of the gods leaving anor londo the Darkmoons and Gwyndolin could have carried out a massive genocide, wiping out all the remaining humans in the city...

    TheLolrider
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 46
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-11-02

    Re: The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by TheLolrider on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:23 am

    It's also possible that the citizens of Anor Londo were not immune to the Darksign. If your subjects became bloodthirsty hollows that fed on the life force of the living you'd probably get the hell out of dodge quick.

    We don't know how long things have been going on, to be honest. The undead could have been a threat for centuries. Wasn't it Balder that was overrun by an undead pandemic? That would take at least a fair amount of time, especially considering how organized the rest of the world (barring Lordran) seems to be in getting rid of the cursed.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Reason the Gods Still Want Fire

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:38 pm