I LOVE THE ARENA!

Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

I LOVE THE ARENA!

Post by Razielthemanslayer on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Seriusly this is just amazing, out of the streaks there's nothing to loose! nobody can heal if not using miracles, it has good fighters. it's AMAZING I love it so much! xD

BTW I'm SL 120 and I'm not being overpowered by anyone here, in fact I think they are close to my level! which means the arena might try to choose rivals next to your level!

Revived
    Revived

Re: I LOVE THE ARENA!

Post by The Letter X on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Not sure if I'm enjoying PVP more because of the Arena... or patch 1.06...

Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:19 pm

A little of both i think, the little i played of the arena i enjoyed much more then expected. I know that the tryhards will soon take over though, but with patch 1.06 at least the try hards are not annoyingly overpowered.
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:59 am

I think you're right FPN. I played in the arena for probably 4 - 5 hours yesterday, and about half that the night before, had a blast the entire time until the last hour or so I played last night. It seemed like the competition was starting to completely change from people just having fun to people doing things like only trying to back stab. Which obviously leads to a lot of lag stabbing. Kinda takes the fun out of it if you ask me. Aside from that business I'm really enjoying it though. It's completely reviving my enjoyment in the game in general actually.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:02 pm

I only tried the arena once. The others i couldnt find anyone u.u Sio im just doing Arty runs.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:09 pm

For me the 2vs2 is pretty empty, but 1vs1 is overloaded. I am level 50 btw. I think if you are 120 it's more busy also 2vs2, or maybe people don't like 2vs2?
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:13 pm

I love the arena with one exception: healers.
    Just today got my 18 winstreak reseted by a healer with a spear and I got a little salty about that. Well, I guess we are always going to have tryhards no matter we do.
    Loving the fact that there are so many different builds against me when flippers are gone happy also deathmatch-mode is ridicilously fun and mindless mayhem!

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    gaybull39

Post by gaybull39 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Havent ran into many bs fishers, arena has been great so far, very honorable players as well, when I die, almost everyone has waited in the middle and allowed me to apply a buff or use a green blossom before they attack.

Only have been able to do 1vs1 duels though, no one wants to wait around for team or deathmatch to fill up sad
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Meh, if someone heals thats just an attunement slot/points that theyre using instead of more ways to blast your face off. It's all fair in love n war!

BloodBlade22
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodBlade22 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:48 pm

I tried for about 15-20 mins last night to get into arena... nobody was there! I guess the pc version is just dead sad
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:16 pm

I cant get a full match in the 2v2 or ffa arenas. Ive waited for 30 minutes multiple times and never gotten to try anything but the duels, which are very busy. I made a toon specifically for the ffa arena, and am not even bothering to do the dlc with him at the moment :/
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm afraid i'll have to go against the wave there. I don't really like the Arena, mainly because i'm not a very competitive player. I like to have fun. And please, do not get me wrong, i'm not saying anyone in the Arena is there not to have fun. My point is though, most people seem to be after the scoreboard, thus, i have not faced too many unique builds and fights. And it has mainly been spam parries and fish bs and so on. This of course is only out of my experience, but it's enough for me to dislike the arena. 😕

FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:30 pm

I had 5 2vs2 matches, they were insanely fun. One of them it was really unbalanced and me and this other guy just destroyed the other team. I think they got 1 kill, we got like 10. I started to slow down and just goof around cause one of the other guys just stopped moving at one point lol.

Healing is as important in the arena as i expected, you may say it isnt or it's a wasted slot but the top slots don't lie. Pretty much top 20 of all the charts have builds with at least some type of heal. I makes faith all that much more powerful.
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:51 pm

I've only tried the duels, and my experience was not pleasant at all. Everyone I fought spammed WoG. Half of them used heal miracles. I won some, lost some, but I didn't have a single good fight.

I did parry a murakumo though, that was fun. Nice to see I still got it after so much time away!

As for the arena, though, I won't be returning. I think From really dropped the ball on balancing--namely: FAITH. I don't see why they thought it would be a good idea to leave the winner in survival mode, while the other is reset with full health and casts each time he dies. Both should have been reset, because now it just gives a huge upper hand to those who can heal. To me, the arena is in no way better than dueling in the Burg used to be, but it's worse in that it takes longer to get in a fight and it's now unbalanced for faith builds. The other modes might be fun, but I don't have the patience to wait for them to launch.

It's not that the arena is so bad, but really just that I did more than my share of PvP when I was hooked! Now the arena might be fun, but it won't be enough to get me hooked again.

Sorry to be so negative! Hate to bring the mood down...

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:00 pm

i played a few 2v2 today, the wait for them was about 20 min each though.... :/
    however, it was pretty goddam fun, one weird thing happened though, a match was about to start and one of the guys on the other team pink crystaled out and when the match began, it was 2v1 LOL poor bastard....i didnt realize wat happened at first, but the dude at first seemed keen to fight anyway so we went at it.....but i think he got pissed off cos he just stood there for like the last 2 minutes.... he was using one of the 4 pronged gardener weapons for some reason..... anyway... apart from that it has been great.... the last battle i just had there was a guy who just tried to circle me the whole time, was annoying.....he copped allot of great scythe 1 hand R2 to the face though...... but he pulled off one chain stab which pissed me off.....i messaged him about it and he said something about thats all you can do in this game to win....? oh well.... he didnt win....

GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:20 am

Well Im not going to lie I heal but I wait till my enemy dies then heal for the next round. and faith is a little OP but not by much considering all the new sorceries that seem a little OP.

You want to know whats really OP, . . . . Me with a 626 toon with both faith and the new sorceries.

"Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:34 am

TheBigLebowski wrote:For me the 2vs2 is pretty empty, but 1vs1 is overloaded. I am level 50 btw. I think if you are 120 it's more busy also 2vs2, or maybe people don't like 2vs2?

That's a shame. I really wanted to give 2vs2 PvP a serious run out.

Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:55 am

I'm really disappointed that more people aren't going in for the 2 vs 2. This concept is brilliant for the Souls franchise, and adds many new dynamics. I couldn't care less about streaks or anything even remotely related to leaderboards. I just wanted to try something team based in this game. I still like the arena concept...just wish more people wanted some team duels.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:58 am

Maybe we should start a thread devoted to organizing team arena bouts?

Personally, I'm extremely interested.

PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:03 pm

Yeah I actually really enjoyed the 2 v 2 also, and in around an hour of trying the other night I only managed to get into one match. I'd take part in some organized matches if it was done here.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:50 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:I cant get a full match in the 2v2 or ffa arenas. Ive waited for 30 minutes multiple times and never gotten to try anything but the duels, which are very busy. I made a toon specifically for the ffa arena, and am not even bothering to do the dlc with him at the moment :/

How do u get to the arena w/0 doing the DLC? Isn't it part of the DLC?

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:55 pm

It is part of the DLC. You can access it after beating Artorias.
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:36 pm

The arena is lame in my opinion. You know why? Time. Time left makes the winner of a round TURTLE all the the remaining time to win the duel and get his precious streak. I already met one of those, I was like you can't be serious dude. I'm not so pissed about faith because it's a small stat investment for the basic Heal miracle, much like Second Chance in DeS. Oh and I met the #1 in the SL 100 bracket, the dude is a professional backstab fisher. :/

Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:56 pm

My one big fear about the arena is that the new leaderboard will bring out the worst in people. Once a COD mentality creeps into this game, the PvP will morph into something most of us won't like.
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Wyrm I think your wrong. Yes, there are bad eggs like them but why focus on him and not on the OTHERS? Out of 30 fights last night, I got one d***. He BS fished but I didn't mind it because of the OTHERS.

Acidic Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.

PSN: Helmethed, add me if you wish to duel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:16 am