Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Katakato
Rynn
DxV04
Pargar-theGreat
8 posters

i know fanboys will hate,but

Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

i know fanboys will hate,but Empty i know fanboys will hate,but

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:20 am

i think the range of weapons you can buff should be reconsidered, like no weapon twice you're body size can buff, and i also know a lot of people may hate on this idea, but this idea or maybe nerfing the buff a bit wouldn't be to bad either. Because to me PvP is the best part of this game why does everyone want to kill each other in two hits... "blah blah blah, i know what you're gonna say "dps" , but I saw grow a pair and use a scimitar or something lol

see you in the woods before you see me... )
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

i know fanboys will hate,but Empty Re: i know fanboys will hate,but

Post by DxV04 Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:45 am

I respect your opinion but unfortunately I do not share it with you. Why not try this instead.

Hit and not be hit no matter the weapon size. Now that is growing some balls. IMO
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:56 am

Nope.
    I personally like how weapons can be buffed with it, and with our 120 level cap, it makes some serious glass cannon potential... like my current build; 15 vitality and 30 endurance, with 50 faith, 50 dex, and 16 strength, = 894 damage per swing with Sunlight Blade, and nearing 1000 with DMB.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:10 am

trust me there guy i get that, i dont use a shield,i'm just saying it would up the use of smaller weapons if it pertained to weapons in which it helps in cut count, if you get that. such as daggers scimitars mailbreakers.. and so on. i would also say i was just hoping for a wider variety in pvp weaponary hehe.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:13 am

Thing is... if people took a moment to look at the weapons, Zweihander does 700 damage as a lightning weapon; and my Straight Sword does 670 and attacks at 2.5 times the speed. With Havels gear on, I win the fight! Buffs do more for small weapon's users... people just don't often notice it.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:19 am

@kuji, and at my cap lvl 315 lol, i have 99 dex with a hornets ring and i only do 1200 in the midrange,with a bs. i mean whats the damage difference per swing without buffing, at lvl 120 1000 dps is like 1 hit tko, just not that rewarding imo. to each their own though
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:24 am

Pargar-theGreat wrote:@kuji, and at my cap lvl 315 lol, i have 99 dex with a hornets ring and i only do 1200 in the midrange,with a bs. i mean whats the damage difference per swing without buffing, at lvl 120 1000 dps is like 1 hit tko, just not that rewarding imo. to each their own though
    You might be misunderstanding me a bit; I'm speaking of the attack power of the weapon being this high, with numbers like 700 for the zwei and 894 with my weapon of choice... in combat I do less then 894, I usually average 600 damage per hit, making for 3 strike duels at the worst, most battles end in two.

Most PvP revolves around dodging around attempting to get that 2 or 3 blows. A good match involves a lot of rolling around and carefully timed attempts... or in most cases, me eating an attack or two in order to get in my far more deadly one.
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:39 am

If Wpn buffs irritate you after your opponent buffs his wpn just run around for 1 min until it fades, if he's using a big wpn like a Murakumo, Man serpent or something else big it's even easier to stay away & not get hit.
    When i encounter a "runner" with my STR build i just switch out my wpn for the buff to disappear since i loose a lot of nerves trying to catch the bastard silly
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:31 am

yea, i do use my bow either when the guy is using dragon spear like crazy or if weapon is buffed, )
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:27 am

Buff or no buff, i you are a skilled player you can evade almost every hit.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:36 am

GrEeNgObLiN wrote:Buff or no buff, i you are a skilled player you can evade almost every hit.

Not if there's lag and against some weapons you'll still get some hits during the fight, due to their range, like the great scythe (actually it's one of the most powerful weapons IMO and I see more and more people using it) or any halberd.

strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:20 pm

Tons of people use smaller weapons for buffing (kats, knives, thrusting swords). In fact, 90% of the time I see someone buffing, it's with one of these small weapons. I'm having a hard time seeing why limiting the power of somewhat rarely used large weapons would improve the game or increase weapon variability. You might as well start a thread about nerfing the chaos blade.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:29 pm

ive actually have seen very few people buff big weapon, i always see people buffing rapiers. i on the other hand always buff my machete which does around 900 with one hit.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:56 pm

There's not a lot of people with rapiers too, I rarely saw one, more katanas and claymore/zwei or black knight weapons.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 pm

i mean lets take poise into consideration, smaller weapons don't do much to help this offensively. soo once again i'd say a buff would be a good equalizer.

@ strange joy and what level are you pvping at could it be no one has enough str to wield large weapons, cause sorry bro but i can't take your 90% "all i see is small weapons seriously, imo those are weapons which need the buffing just cause you don't see it lol doesn't mean its not happening. and who uses choas weapons lol they are weak my friend not much to worry about there. play as much as me and then come back with data i can use
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:21 pm

its coming just as obivious as guys putting the dragon lighting spear in their left hands. * )
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Pargar-theGreat wrote:i mean lets take poise into consideration, smaller weapons don't do much to help this offensively. soo once again i'd say a buff would be a good equalizer.

@ strange joy and what level are you pvping at could it be no one has enough str to wield large weapons, cause sorry bro but i can't take your 90% "all i see is small weapons seriously, imo those are weapons which need the buffing just cause you don't see it lol doesn't mean its not happening. and who uses choas weapons lol they are weak my friend not much to worry about there. play as much as me and then come back with data i can use

I play mostly at SL120 or SL50 these days. I never said that I only see small weapons. If you had actually quoted me instead of making up a quote, you would have noticed that I was only referring to weapons that are buffed. I see plenty of large weapons, but they are rarely buffed by anything besides resin. Finally, the "chaos blade" is not a chaos weapon, and I brought it up precisely because it isn't commonly used and is often considered weak. If you didn't get that, you simply didn't understand me. As for your condescending remarks, I decline the opportunity to engage in a pissing match with you.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:53 pm

i'm no **** i'm just stating my opinion, and i'm diabetic i pee a lot so no need for a competition lol, but you did say i see 90% of smaller weapons being buffed. sooo. and my final point? the blade is the strongest of the choas weapons imo, so they are kinda like the same thing right? they both use a hum scaleing. I though my remark exemplified the fact we were on the same page. I have a lvl 120 lets pvp no dis friendlies here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:09 am