Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
goober0331
Emergence
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
befowler
Tolvo
kiwi_commander
OrnsteinFanBoy
Shindori
TheBigLebowski
leebabins
14 posters

No new Trophies!?

Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

No new Trophies!? - Page 2 Empty Re: No new Trophies!?

Post by Emergence Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Also to clarify, this DLC is at the behest of Namco the publisher and not From. What we all received were scrapped assets that did not make the first cut, polished up and tacked onto the main game. There was never any intended DLC for this game; as far as From was concerned Dark Souls as existed on the disc was a finished product.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Huy mods, I have a question.. are youguys going to implement soul of artorias/manus for the souls that appear under the username? Cuz.. I kinda wan Artorias souls u.u
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 pm

I think that's a pretty valid thing to remember. We collectively begged for this DLC also. Demanded it even. I for one am enjoying every second. For a game we all clearly love infinitely, I think the new areas for pvp, as well as the arena which I haven't tried yet, and the new equips are plenty to make me happy. If I had it to do over again I'd buy it again. New trophies would have been cool, but I think the option to make some new builds based on the possibility of new spells and equipment is equally as priceless.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    leebabins

Post by leebabins Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:01 pm

I just don't see an excuse for them(trophies)not being included. Not only are they mandatory as of like 3 years ago, I really enjoy earning them and seeing what they(developers)think we should achieve and how they rate it(bronze, silver, gold).

A DLC package that costs $15 seems to have a lot less value in my mind without them, sorry but that's how I feel and I think they should know about it. It seems almost rushed or cheap even though they had a year's planning.

I don't want to come off as someone who feels that they're entitled to something, but I wanted to earn more Dark Souls trophies, so sue me.

In the end I am just glad I had another reason to put my Dark Souls disc back in my PS3 and for that I am happy, I just wish I could have heard some new trophy dings to go along with it; and more content at a price point around $9.99 instead. happy
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Shindori wrote:Youre a big baby who doesnt deserve to play this. Its obvious you play it for bragging rights, not to enjoy it. Thats whats wrong with games. They dont care about games anymore, they just want a high trophy count.

Keep in mind not everyone uses trophies/achievements for bragging rights. The game certainly is not bad, and i believe fromsoft did a good job, and honestly, i doesn't need achievements/trophies. However, try to see it through lees eyes. I myself feel that he makes for a good point, however the way he puts it is not the best way he could have done. From what i've understood(and i have not read all posts) he wished for a couple of achievements/trophies, because of the way it feels like he has accomplished something. Everyone here should recognize that feeling. You know when you first played Dks/DS and you defeat that really hard boss? You felt like you had accomplished something, like you were awesome. You didn't brag about having defeated the boss, but it gave you a good feeling. And, perhaps not to everyone, but to some people, like me, and i would assume, lee too, it gives that feeling. That wonderful feeling. So please, take into mind that the reason behind his post was most likely out of frustration, and not and intent on causing a flame war of any sorts. And if that was the case, shame on you!

Mr. Tart out. Bow
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:56 pm

sorry, did i come off as hostile? if so i apologize... and i forgot to say anything about trophys... it is a little odd none were included, i mean you get trophys for each of the lord soul bosses and yet nothing for manus? another question, how often has fromsoft done dlc? i can't remember any of their games having any....
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:59 pm

If it's in reply to my post, i'm not claiming anyone to be hostile, however my post is targetted at the first few replies made.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:
    Shindori wrote:Youre a big baby who doesnt deserve to play this. Its obvious you play it for bragging rights, not to enjoy it. Thats whats wrong with games. They dont care about games anymore, they just want a high trophy count.

Keep in mind not everyone uses trophies/achievements for bragging rights. The game certainly is not bad, and i believe fromsoft did a good job, and honestly, i doesn't need achievements/trophies. However, try to see it through lees eyes. I myself feel that he makes for a good point, however the way he puts it is not the best way he could have done. From what i've understood(and i have not read all posts) he wished for a couple of achievements/trophies, because of the way it feels like he has accomplished something. Everyone here should recognize that feeling. You know when you first played Dks/DS and you defeat that really hard boss? You felt like you had accomplished something, like you were awesome. You didn't brag about having defeated the boss, but it gave you a good feeling. And, perhaps not to everyone, but to some people, like me, and i would assume, lee too, it gives that feeling. That wonderful feeling. So please, take into mind that the reason behind his post was most likely out of frustration, and not and intent on causing a flame war of any sorts. And if that was the case, shame on you!

Mr. Tart out. No new Trophies!? - Page 2 3149687655

ok, if he said it this way I would've had more respect for it.
    But then again defeating a boss and getting ingame rewards for it, gives already a good feeling. Must me said that I am from an old generation (30+), that got rewarded in-game for defeating bosses or clearing out levels. I will never forget my first chaos emerald haha.

Nowadays people need a trophy to get that feeling. I see many really good games without trophy support getting neglected. That's so sad. really.

Downrep for giving an opinion. Props to the sad lad that did it. Feeling proud? lol. Go to your mommy, quick!
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:22 pm

If the DLC only added PvE elements I'd feel a little ripped off... but all the PvP elements it added really adds value for me.

I expected achievements/trophies but its okay that there are none, imHo. Achievements for DLC is now the 'norm' but I guess DkS isn't your normal game. I was actually struggling with wanting to see another number other than 1000 regarding DkS's points... I like that the last achievement I see is the Dark Soul one and I like that it's an even 1000, lol. All that said, I just love the sound an achievement makes... Idk how they accomplished creating such a pleasurable sound but damn, it makes me feel good when I hear it.

I would have enjoyed getting them but I find the DLC to be a fine value. Of course, that is just me and I totally understand others may feel different.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:45 pm

Lebowski: Chaos Emerald? At your age (approximately my age) you should remember the first balloon you popped!

TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:20 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Lebowski: Chaos Emerald? At your age (approximately my age) you should remember the first balloon you popped!

Haha, good old memory lane.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm