Guys its out on 360

sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Guys its out on 360

Post by sinspaw on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 pm

Like I said, I distinctively remember FROM saying they did not like DLC's. As opposed to our friends at Bethesda who live for that crap. Shame I can't remember where this interview was posted.

As for the Painted World being a counterpoint.... sorry but no. The painted world could not be sold as DLC as it's a small area with One optional boss. I love FROM and the games they have produced, I really do. I have 200 hours on both Souls games. But I was really surprised with the existence of further content in the PC. The whole thing stinks like I said before, specially with the lack of use for the supposedly important Pendant and the new Broken Pendant being the portal. The idea is that NOTHING should be sold as DLC. DLC is not extra work for our pleasing, it's work that should've been included in the initial product but wasn't for profitability's sake. Not saying DS's DLC was, but most DLC's are.

Also... you shouldn't write as if you know what they did and why they did it. None of us know how this was processed, all we can do is guess and speculate.
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:25 pm

xtal84 wrote:@sinspaw, in reality, I believe the alternate is true. This was not held back to be sold as DLC later. FromSoft planned for it to be in the game but there were obviously time restraints, and they had to cut it because it was not essential.

The Painted World is a perfect counterpoint to your thought there. FromSoft/Bamco could have easily held that back and sold it as DLC. It has all the makings of "additional content:" you go back to the start of the game to retrieve an item, it unlocks a part of the world that was there already so it fits in nicely, and it's totally non essential to the game (they could have stuck the Red Sign Soapstone and Dried Finger anywhere). Instead, they probably worked their butts off to have it ship on the disc.

I don't doubt they wanted the same for Oolacile, but they did what was necessary. This isn't a sign of corruption. It's a sign that excellent game design with be rewarded with a devoted fan base, who in turn are a significant help in giving the developer a chance to complete their vision of Dark Souls.

FromSoft are deserving of every penny they earn from this DLC. Call it karmic justice.

Essentially, what we're seeing is the equivalent of a "director's cut". And hey, good on them. If they're willing to go back and revisit content that didn't make the first cut, and then offer it up, I'm more than willing to pony up for a look at it. It's not like I feel cheated by Dark Souls for not giving me enough play time happy
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:
    xtal84 wrote:@sinspaw, in reality, I believe the alternate is true. This was not held back to be sold as DLC later. FromSoft planned for it to be in the game but there were obviously time restraints, and they had to cut it because it was not essential.

The Painted World is a perfect counterpoint to your thought there. FromSoft/Bamco could have easily held that back and sold it as DLC. It has all the makings of "additional content:" you go back to the start of the game to retrieve an item, it unlocks a part of the world that was there already so it fits in nicely, and it's totally non essential to the game (they could have stuck the Red Sign Soapstone and Dried Finger anywhere). Instead, they probably worked their butts off to have it ship on the disc.

I don't doubt they wanted the same for Oolacile, but they did what was necessary. This isn't a sign of corruption. It's a sign that excellent game design with be rewarded with a devoted fan base, who in turn are a significant help in giving the developer a chance to complete their vision of Dark Souls.

FromSoft are deserving of every penny they earn from this DLC. Call it karmic justice.

Essentially, what we're seeing is the equivalent of a "director's cut". And hey, good on them. If they're willing to go back and revisit content that didn't make the first cut, and then offer it up, I'm more than willing to pony up for a look at it. It's not like I feel cheated by Dark Souls for not giving me enough play time happy
    Aggree, not like we are being blasted by DLC's like Dark Souls : Pets, or Dark Souls : Vacation or Dark Souls : Careers. One or two DLc's that have decent content that will enhance the game are always welcomed by me. BTW, just downloaded the patch for XBL... though no DLC 😢

Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:06 pm

edgie_za wrote:
    Aggree, not like we are being blasted by DLC's like Dark Souls : Pets, or Dark Souls : Vacation or Dark Souls : Careers. One or two DLc's that have decent content that will enhance the game are always welcomed by me. BTW, just downloaded the patch for XBL... though no DLC 😢

The way I look at it is, the game's been out for a year, and I've had such a great time, putting in 500+ hours. I was soooooo ready to see ANYTHING new. Contrast that with Borderlands 2, that cranked out DLC within the first month, before a lot of people even finished it. Or Forza Horizon, announcing day-1 DLC, and a $50 season pass. I'm more than happy to support this developer/publisher for the way they are approaching this.
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:18 pm

People are playing the Xbox DLC on Twitch sad Stupid UK getting stupid DLC stupid tomorrow.

Join us!

"How such united force of Gods, how such as stood like these, could ever know repulse?"

The Obsidian Knights - The Eye of Calamity.

Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:21 pm

First off, i would just like to say that i love you guys. But right now, anyone not in the EU, i hate. 😢

ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Just cooped with someone in New Londo wearing the Artorias Armour sad

Join us!

"How such united force of Gods, how such as stood like these, could ever know repulse?"

Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:25 pm

W-what?! This is torture! 😢

Goddamn you microsoft! 😢

Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:W-what?! This is torture! 😢

Goddamn you microsoft! 😢

At least you have the patch already tongue I'm still waiting for it.

Uparkaam (main account)
    Dorkmoon
    Torch_Hollow
    Ravelord_Servant
    Gastro_Zombie
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm asking him if he can try and drop something from the new content to see if people without the DLC can have the new stuff. I don't think he'll go for it though lol...probably thinks I'll try and steal it silly

Join us!

Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:36 pm

ChaosMoogle wrote:I'm asking him if he can try and drop something from the new content to see if people without the DLC can have the new stuff. I don't think he'll go for it though lol...probably thinks I'll try and steal it silly

have him drop a bloated head those things are useless and drop like candy

**NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:37 pm

I've asked for that or like just 1 Gough Arrow lol

Join us!

Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

If this guy helps me check this out he has instant legend status!!

Join us!

Post by Mauri_Sono on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:16 pm

After finally getting the DLC and killing artorias with effing 16 hp left with no extras flasks i can just say
    Praise the Sun Very Good! (put carving here)
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Set my 360 for downloading it while I'm at work... can't wait. My gf made plans for dinner tonight and I was so disappoint... then I just got a text saying that she's got something to do after dinner so I'm like:

Oh... and just so anyone else doesn't go through the same "WTF?" that I went through.. the "game marketplace" is now just the "search games" panel or something. Took me a while to figure that out with the new dashboard setup.

Xbla/Dark Souls - EveryNevers
    PSN/Demon's Souls - TheEveryNevers
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Everynevers wrote:Set my 360 for downloading it while I'm at work... can't wait. My gf made plans for dinner tonight and I was so disappoint... then I just got a text saying that she's got something to do after dinner so I'm like:

Oh... and just so anyone else doesn't go through the same "WTF?" that I went through.. the "game marketplace" is now just the "search games" panel or something. Took me a while to figure that out with the new dashboard setup.

I'm not liking the new QWERTY keyboard for messaging lol. I was too used to the old one silly

Join us!

Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Yeah, what the hells with that? It's horrible! sad

Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Date: 2012-10-24

I have been here for far too long...

3 seconds ago the day turned into 24th of October...

The DLC will finally be available to me...

I only hope i will survive this...

If i do not make another post when the DLC is out i may have died...

ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:07 pm

PS3 DLC IS OUT FOR USA! ENJOY happy

Join us!

Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm currently alternating between saves and staring at the new Golem like a moron, and dancing around Anor Londo bonfire trying to ambush summon someone with new armour to see if they wan't to test whether they can share new items with me silly

The Patch for xbox was only 16mb wasn't it, or did I imagine that? I don't think ours is done like the PS3 version where the patch contained the new content and the DLC just unlocked it. Hrmmmph. Unless the files were already on the Vanilla game in some form.

Join us!

Regular

Post by edgie_za on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:48 am

not liking the new XBL dashbaord, and what's with the pin thing?

Hope to see the DLC available when I get home later. managed to download the patch yesterday though, but didn't try it as I thaught I would wait for the DLC...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:20 pm