Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Assassin builds

LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Assassin builds Empty Assassin builds

Post by LoreFF Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:22 am

Hello there, new to these forums and to the game (3 weeks playing )

Wanted your opinion on these 2 build and if you have any improvements please feel free to adjust as you see fit.

Build 1 :

http://tinyurl.com/8ny8czf

Build 2:

http://tinyurl.com/8ao6ayq

Which of these 2 builds will be the best for pvp ? is Sorcory fun/viable in pvp ? or should i focus on more vit ? any adjustments for the build is appreciated.

Please copy and paste the link does not seem to work otherwise.

Thanks happy

Edited due to link being to long.

Last edited by LoreFF on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Assassin builds Empty Re: Assassin builds

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:29 am

Use the minify button in the bottom left corner and repost the links dude
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LoreFF Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:53 am

Sorry about that edited it now. Have not used the buidler that much , learn something new every day happy
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:53 am

What FanBoy said. And i don't know if that will solve the problem or if it's actually you not saving the build, but either way the links lead to a bare handed naked none edited build. Redo the builds and press save before linking them will asure that it's saved and that the links won't be too long. Unless you're trolling us which i doubt. xD

Either way, welcome to the forums. big grin

Edit: Heh, you edited it so i can see them now. Will make a new post with my opinions.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:57 am

The builds are okay. Priscillas dagger however, is not bad, trust me, that's not what i'm saying, but if you want the backstabs go with the bandit dagger or the new DLC dagger if you have access or if you're on console and getting it soon. If it's not for the backstabs but for the fun of it then that's understandable. Everyone has their gameplay, but with those builds chameleon and hidden body MAY(remember that i said MAY) not be all that useful, unless you know how to use them. The builds overall seem good to me. And just so you know, any build is good as long as you know how to handle it. winking
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:10 am

I'd roll the caster/assassin like this

http://tinyurl.com/9ndlbmz

Starting as a wanderer can give you an extra spell and maximum benefit from your int at sl99. The extra slot means you can use CWM. I swapped priscillas dagger out because altough it seems like it could be good, it isn't. The range fails and the scaling isn't that great because of the low base damage.

Ricards rapier is epic with buffs, because the buff damage is inflicted with every strike and the strong attack hits 4 times in quick succession, land it and everything dies.

The dark hand is not a good shield really, a buckler will serve you better stability wise and it's really good for parries(and looks pretty awesome too)

I've got the lingering dragoncrest ring to extend the duration of CMW but you could swap it for the wolf ring if you want poise instead

Btw dude the most important thing with any build is that you enjoy using and have fun with it. Don't like rapiers, don't use them. Love the dark hand, use it dude.

Last edited by OrnsteinFanBoy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 am

Just wanted to point out one thing. The dark hand is a pretty good shield against magic users, so it's not necessarily bad. Just wanted to point the obvious out. :|
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 am

Mr. Tart wrote:Just wanted to point out one thing. The dark hand is a pretty good shield against magic users, so it's not necessarily bad. Just wanted to point the obvious out. :|

This is true^

If your mostly going to parry it's okay too. I would never block more than one strike at a time with it though
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LoreFF Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:18 am

http://tinyurl.com/9ndlbmz

very nice build might consider Wanderer. Keep them coming (forgot about richards rapier)
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:49 am

Going with the assassin theme

http://tinyurl.com/9xkj2md

OHKO vit gouge build. Chaos estoc gives massive bs damage, power within boosts attack by 40%, hornet ring boost bs damage by...30% now? I think its 30% after 1.06

Poison mist can be used like a smoke screen, activate power within, rush through the smog for a lock on bs. Dead. Might have to poke them a couple times when they get up.

When using power within you want a base pyromancy flame, no upgrades. The more upgrades, the quicker it kills you for the same damage boost.

EDIT: I might make this for the arena lol!

EDIT: Not sure if its true but I've read that the level of your pyromancy flame doesn't affect how much the hp drain on power within after 1.06 I'll check for myself after I actually get the patch(PSN is balls btw lol! )

Last edited by OrnsteinFanBoy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LoreFF Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:11 am

Thats... a LOT of vitality big grin
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:47 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3894282567635801

I know it's not the most viable build, but since you asked for an assassins build i had to make one based on my image of assassins. To me an assassin mainly heads for the backstabs, and parries if necessary. Poison is of course a must, and so is any strategical advantage. So if you wish to play as an assassin you'd probably end up playing less honorably. Unless, you're not up for the total RP. The wolf ring could be changed to hornet since you're not suppose to engage in close combat anyway, but yeah. Hope any of it helps.
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LoreFF Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:00 am

Tks for all the replies any feedback and build helps me a lot happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:19 am