Back just in time for DLC!

joeclone
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Back just in time for DLC!

Post by joeclone on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:37 pm

i completely forgot about the DLC but is it supposed to come out tomorrow so i am pretty excited. anyone got any new crazy builds planed?

and sorry i have been gone so long if anyone cares. i forgot my password and missjudged how hard it would be to reset it, i have been playing lots of boarderlands 2 resident evil 6 is awful don't waste your money. and i have a new job and GF so life is pretty sweet!

i missed the boards!

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: Back just in time for DLC!

Post by PlasticandRage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:58 am

Oh man, I've been loving RE6. It's definitely not the same thing as the rest of the series, but I'm having a lot of fun with it based on its own merit. Leon's campaign especially. It's like playing a zombie flick. What's not to like?

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:23 am

Same here. I don't understand what's to dislike. It's certainly better than RE5, though a hardcore fan might not appreciate it as much it's still good for being a game.

Either way, i've never met you, but welcome back. happy

PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:40 am

I have to say I liked the format of the originals better, with more emphasis on exploring and problem solving, than the really action oriented stuff. I thought RE4 was the perfect mix in that regard, but after seeing what they did with 5, which is definitely my least favorite, you had to go into purchasing 6 expecting it to be a different direction. I personally think they pulled it off. I haven't played all the way through all the campaigns yet, but I think Leon's was spectacular by any standard. The sewer and cemetery levels were terrifying. My first go round it took me probably an hour and a half to get through that really short sewer/subway section because I just inched my way through the whole thing, white knuckling my controller all the way. Then the city levels, in full on zombie siege, I loved every second.The more actiony campaigns, like Chris's, I don't think are quite as good, at least from a survival horror standpoint, but I'm having fun playing them, and I think that's what's important.

and thanks. I never intended to leave for good, I just needed to peel myself away from the game to get life things done for awhile, and it just wasn't happening properly without disconnecting myself from here too, but now that the DLC is coming I can't help myself.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:44 am

I don't wish to steal joes topic here so i suggest you check out the Resident Evil 6 topic i made in Off topics if you wish to discuss the game. As for the campaigns i would say this:¨
    Leon - horror oriented
    Chris - action oriented
    Jake - challenging-ish
    Ada - puzzle + challenge-ish

And as to avoid what i just stated up above, i do have a couple of builds for the DLC ready. Got a Artorias build like most people, though it's on the other pc so i'll have to edit it in here on this post.

Edit: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1389665478866672
    The fog is to resemble the fact that he throws this kind of slime with his ?broken? arm at you, as i do not wish to use a cataclyst. The build is to give the option of playing as him the way he fights as a boss (abyss greatsword and no shield) or based upon what i believe he was like before being corrupted, wish, i don't have too much to go on except for the armor, sword and shield. I will of course use most of my builds to do the dlc either way, but obviously this one was made specifically for the DLC.

Edit2: If there's an interest in discussing RE6, whether you liked it or not, here is the topic:
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t12363-resident-evil-6-anyone?highlight=Resident+Evil+6

Edit3: Oh, and joe, perhaps you have a ''crazy build'' to share yourself? big grin

FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:37 am

Hey joe, welcome back, glad things are going good for ya. I was playing resident evil 6 at my friends house, leons campaign is fun, the others were HORRIBLE from what i played. I don't even mean in a, this isnt resident evil kind of way, they were just badly implemented and designed. For me, a resident evil game that wasn't directed by Shinji Mikami isnt a resident evil game. I will just be waiting for his last project he is doing with his personal development team, he claims it is a "true survival horror experience". Can't wait for that.

Here's a build i made somewhat recently preparing for DLC/patch, i am loving it. http://tinyurl.com/9f97k9g
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:08 am

I felt that way at first too, but they grew on me. Chris's aircraft carrier level is pretty great for a lot of reasons. It had me pretty well engrossed from start to finish anyway

TIGER UPPERCUT!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:21 am