Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Sunlight alter statue

X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Sunlight alter statue Empty Sunlight alter statue

Post by X-government-agent Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:00 pm

This has probably been brought up before or is already thought by a lot of people maybe but do you guys think the broken statue at the sunlight alter is the missing one from the smough and ornstein boss fight? Would make sense I guess
    Mauri_Sono
    Mauri_Sono

Sunlight alter statue Empty Re: Sunlight alter statue

Post by Mauri_Sono Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:34 pm

I didn't even notice a missing statue in the snorlax / pikachu fight lol gonna check that out.
    OmniBot
    OmniBot
    Regular
    Regular

Post by OmniBot Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:35 pm

The missing statue spot is for Gwyndolin iirc.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:00 pm

That^
    X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:35 am

How do you know it's gywndolin and not the first born? Is there anything to back up the view that it is gywndolin? I feel that it is not but just my opinion
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:59 am

The biggest factor is size. The missing statue if you notice is on a higher platform, indicating that the statue that goes there is smaller. Also, the base is intact in Anor Londo. The statue at the Sunlight Altar appears as if it would be either too big to fit or look really weird on that higher pedestal and it has it's own base. I know they could just move the statue to a new base (depending on the method it was made) but it's just another little difference. Going back to size, the logical assumption since the other two statues are generally agreed to be of Gwyn and Gwynevere, is that the third statue is a family member. So the missing statue is a family member of Gwyn, who is basically the runt of the litter. The only God or Titanesque figure that is apparently smaller is Gwyndolin. Now we know he's pretty tall what with the tentacles and all but I doubt they'd immortalize that in statue so the conclusion is it's Gwyndolin in resting/hiding my tentacles under my dress pose. The small bedroom in Anor Londo with the portraits also suggests a stronger Gwyndolin presence in the main areas of the city. Three paintings in particular: the androgynous child (with clothing like a Dutch boy from Rembrandt's time), the very similar young "lady" painting and the Chesty LaRue portrait that is a. out of place with the rest of the paintings and b. strikingly similar to the construct of Gwynevere in the Chamber of the Princess.
    X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:45 am

hmm I hear what u saying no doubt, I feel tho that as we know from does things for reasons and I just can't help but feel there's is a link between those two statues but I think I need to look at the sizes again cas if u right and they don't match up on size I guess you are right,y theory was the missing statue is the first born and maybe gywndolin smashed it up cas he was pissed but how it got all the way to the sunlight alter I duno
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:14 am

The theory you're putting out is actually very similar to what us old archivists have concluded. The statue at the Sunlight Altar is likely that of the first born and smashed because of Gwyn's rage, etc. The weapon looks like a cross between Gwyn's sword and Ornstein's spear so it's almost certainly from Anor Londo or based on a weapon that came from there. The armor looks like Gwyn's with a few embellishments missing (compare the shoulders). The helmet is basic as well. It's a soldier's helmet, not a king's crown. So pretty much the only thing I would differ on is that the missing statue in Anor Londo was the first born. However, it could still be. There's evidence of substantial remodeling in Anor Londo so who know what is original or not. There's also evidence of war in the city (possibly a prophecy though and not historical). So while the CURRENT base of the missing statue seems to be a nod to Gwyndolin, no one can say for sure who Gwyn originally say had at his side. Gwynevere seems to have always been in favor. Gwyndolin's item descriptions etc. seem to suggest he was NOT in favor originally while the first born is the opposite. It's entirely plausible that the space originally held a first born statue, that was removed/destroyed and then replaced with Gwyndolin which was then also either removed or turned invisible. The only other point I would say about that particular statue being moved is design based. I believe the one in Anor Londo have gold elements (I know most do but not sure about those two in particular) and are a different stone type. Also, the Sunlight Altar statue seems to require a wide base because of the pose and is in battle gear. I would need to double check Gwyn but I don't think he's in a battle equipment suggesting the Anor Londo statue is supposed to be the benevolent lord depiction. I.E. Marcus Aurelius in his philosopher's robes in Rome as opposed to the reality of his rule necessitating armor more often than not (although to be fair there's a good many statues that nod to the battlefield).
    X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Thanks for all your input there skarekrow, I think maybe they are not the same statue but I really like the idea of them
    Being the same sad I wish they where cas I have to many unanswered questions in this game already

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am