Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Carphil
xtal84
Shindori
Uparkaam
retro
10 posters

Unexpected Patch 1.06 update - Miracle Resonance now works correctly on PS3

retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Unexpected Patch 1.06 update - Miracle Resonance now works correctly on PS3 Empty Unexpected Patch 1.06 update - Miracle Resonance now works correctly on PS3

Post by retro Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Because it didn't need fixing for the 360 / PC version, I wasn't expecting this to be part of the patch.

But I downloaded the patch and my first invader used a single Wrath of God. Moments later, the resonance sign actually appeared. ❤
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Unexpected Patch 1.06 update - Miracle Resonance now works correctly on PS3 Empty Re: Unexpected Patch 1.06 update - Miracle Resonance now works correctly on PS3

Post by Uparkaam Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:08 pm

...So we are finally able to see the mythical resonance rings Unexpected Patch 1.06 update - Miracle Resonance now works correctly on PS3 1330857165
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Unexpected Patch 1.06 update - Miracle Resonance now works correctly on PS3 Empty Re: Unexpected Patch 1.06 update - Miracle Resonance now works correctly on PS3

Post by Shindori Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:10 pm

I saw them all over when I was on 360. I knew something was missing here..
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Shindori wrote:I saw them all over when I was on 360. I knew something was missing here..
    Yeah, I believe it was bugged on launch for both systems, but a patch eventually fixed it for 360. For whatever reason the fix didn't work or wasn't implemented in the PS3 patch, until now.
    xtal84
    xtal84
    Regular
    Regular

Post by xtal84 Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:50 pm

That's actually really exciting. I don't think I've seen resonance rings anywhere outside the Catacombs, ever. It's a miracle. *ahem*
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:14 pm

retro wrote:
    Shindori wrote:I saw them all over when I was on 360. I knew something was missing here..
    Yeah, I believe it was bugged on launch for both systems, but a patch eventually fixed it for 360. For whatever reason the fix didn't work or wasn't implemented in the PS3 patch, until now.
    I never ereally found a use for them.. Unless using Wrath of The Gods. Damn, thats a nice boost. C<
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:27 pm

Great info! Is there any thread about all things that changed in the patch?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:30 pm

sun princess ring now will have value!!!! use a miracle once, wait for the ring to show up and then all out assault!!!
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:37 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:sun princess ring now will have value!!!! use a miracle once, wait for the ring to show up and then all out assault!!!
    It's not the ring that creates the resonance sign (at least I'm almost sure of this), and they have to be created by other players.

The Sun Princess ring is merely a portable resonance sign. It does nothing different than a resonance sign - you can imagine wearing the ring as having a white resonance sign that follows you around permanently. The one thing it does do, though, is stack with resonance signs to create a 'double synergy boost', roughly doubling the effect that a normal synergy boost has.

More on that here-
    http://darksouls.wikidot.com/miracle-synergy
    bopjo1
    bopjo1
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bopjo1 Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm

So if you wear ring of the Son's firstborn, princess ring, AND cast a miracle near a resonance ring, you'll do insane damage?

Is it only for miracles or does it affect spells too?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:47 pm

bopjo1 wrote:So if you wear ring of the Son's firstborn, princess ring, AND cast a miracle near a resonance ring, you'll do insane damage?

Is it only for miracles or does it affect spells too?

Only miracles.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:50 pm

hyper wog builds are imminent because they'll get stronger the more they spam....
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:56 pm

bopjo1 wrote:So if you wear ring of the Son's firstborn, princess ring, AND cast a miracle near a resonance ring, you'll do insane damage?
    Yes. But unfortunately, the Ring of the Sun's Firstborn is by far the most important part of increasing your damage output, which has nothing to do with the resonance part. The synergy boosts only add a little bit of damage on top (the amount is specific to each miracle type).

For example, a single boost increases the damage of Wrath of Gods by something near ~4.5%. A double boost is around ~9%. This means that even with a double boost, a WotG that would've done 300 damage will now do roughly 330 damage. The extra amount can certainly help, but it's not the hugest improvement.

That is, unless they've changed the buff percentages with synergy since Patch 1.05 for the PtD Edition/ 1.06.

Nonetheless, I am doing some RotSF + RotSP + Resonance Sign attacks in the Forest currently. happy
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:32 pm

I saw a ring at lunch time in the crystal caves on the bridge after the first invisible path. I was very excited and tried to show it to my summon but he could not see it.
    AndyEZ87

Post by AndyEZ87 Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Yes this is awesome I see these things everywhere now. Makes my heals actually worth using with the little faith I have lol
    Dogwelder
    Dogwelder
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dogwelder Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:49 am

I always wondered about the total lack of resonance signs while I was playing the game (on PS3), so it was cool to see them finally appearing after the patch. I've recently been looking into using miracles more often, so hopefully the signs will be useful from time to time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am